The Republic of Iceland – Government Debt Management
Signing of Agreements with Primary Dealers
Today the Government Debt Management on behalf of the Treasury and primary dealers signed agreements regarding Issuance and Market Making in Treasury securities. The objective of the agreements is to maintain the Treasury’s access to financing and to enhance price formation in the secondary market for Treasury securities.
As of 1 April 2021, four financial institutions have been appointed as "primary dealers in Treasury securities". They are: Arion Banki hf., Islandsbanki hf., Kvika banki hf. and Landsbankinn hf.
The following bullet points describe the main content of the Agreement:
- Primary dealers have exclusive access to auctions of marketable Treasury securities.
- Primary dealers have exclusive access to special facilities such as repurchase agreements or securities lending facility offered by the Government Debt Management on behalf of the Treasury.
- Primary dealers are obliged to submit bids at each auction for a minimum of 100 m.kr. nominal value.
- Primary dealers are Market Makers in the secondary market for Treasury benchmark series. They are obliged to submit bid and ask offers on the stock exchange for at least 50 to 100 m.kr. nominal value in each benchmark series (as laid out in the agreements).
- Primary dealers are in their bid and ask quotes governed by maximum spreads as laid out in the agreements.
- Primary dealers are obliged to renew their offers within ten minutes after execution of transaction. The primary dealer is entitled to depart from the maximum spread requirement if certain conditions are fulfilled.
- The agreement is valid from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Further information can be obtained from Björgvin Sighvatsson, head of the Government Debt Management at +354 569 9600.
Subscribe to releases from Globenewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Globenewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Globenewswire
Boyden15.4.2021 03:24:01 CEST | Press release
Record year for Boyden Denmark in 2020
Boyden15.4.2021 03:23:51 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Rekordår for det nye Boyden-team i Danmark
TigerGraph, Inc.8.4.2021 15:01:29 CEST | Press release
TigerGraph’s Graph + AI Summit 2021 to Feature 40+ Sessions, Live Workshops and Speakers from JPMorgan Chase, NewDay, Pinterest, Jaguar Land Rover and More
Agillic A/S7.4.2021 09:01:28 CEST | Press release
Agillic launches a new fast and advanced SMS editor to help clients deliver personalised SMS experiences
TigerGraph, Inc.30.3.2021 15:29:56 CEST | Press release
Technical University of Denmark uses TigerGraph to help find more effective treatments for acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Møns Bank A/S26.3.2021 07:03:33 CET | Pressemeddelelse
Indkaldelse til ekstraordinær generalforsamling 19. april 2021
Sika AG26.3.2021 07:02:09 CET | Press release
SIKA ACQUIRES FLOORING ADHESIVES BUSINESS IN THE USA
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom