Columbus launches sustainability report for 2022
2022 was an important year in Columbus’ sustainability journey. We made great progress aligning our business practices with the UN Global Compact principles and the Sustainable Development Goals. Our commitment to the SDGs and global sustainability agenda are the drivers behind our new sustainability strategy and sustainability report for 2022, which we are happy to launch today.
With our purpose, “Digital transformation for a better tomorrow”, we are determined to address climate change with a dual approach: We provide our customers with the means to decrease their environmental impact while simultaneously evaluating and mitigating the effects of our own operations.
- With our customer-focused stream, we want to help our customers accelerate their sustainable performance and development by providing digital solutions that help them achieve their sustainability and growth goals.
- With our employee-focused stream, our goal is to assess our own internal performance in the areas of culture, conduct, and our operations’ impact on the environment. Within these three areas, we focus on, among other things, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, and our global greenhouse gas emissions.
Key points from our 2022 sustainability report.
- We started monitoring our greenhouse gas emissions globally and established a confident baseline for 2022.
- We are committed to reduce our indirect greenhouse gas emissions by optimizing operations, improving energy efficiency and using more renewable energy.
- Currently, 60% of our electricity consumption is already renewable.
- The proportion of women in Columbus increased from 29% in 2021 to 31% in 2022
- We launched new Diversity and Inclusion initiatives to further grow a diverse and talented workforce.
- Our employee satisfaction in 2022 improved to +47 compared to +40 in 2021.
- We launched new Values and Leadership Principles to support the creation of a unified culture in Columbus.
- The gender distribution in the Board of Directors was 20% women and 80% men by the end of 2022.
Get the full overview of all our initiatives in our 2022 Sustainability Report here
Tine RasmussenCommunications DirectorColumbusTel:+firstname.lastname@example.org
About Columbus Global
Columbus is a global IT services and consulting company specialized in digital transformation. Our more than 1,500 digital explorers collaborate with our customers in the manufacturing, retail & distribution, and food & process industries. We advise, implement and manage business critical solutions within Strategy & Change, Customer Experience, Digital Commerce, Data & Analytics, Application Management and Cloud ERP. Headquartered in Denmark, we have offices and partners worldwide - delivering locally on a global scale
Subscribe to releases from Columbus Global
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Columbus Global by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Columbus Global
Columbus Q1 2023: Higher efficiency boosts operating profit by 33%16.5.2023 09:24:02 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Columbus experienced good momentum in the first quarter of the year. Revenue increased by 7% (12% in local currencies) and operating profit increased by 33% in Q1 2023. The optimization of the delivery organization is now really taking effect with a boost in efficiency to 67% against 62% in Q1 2022.
New analysis of Columbus’ financial result for 2022 published by Aktieinfo13.4.2023 15:34:39 CEST | Press release
The analysis concludes, among other things, that “The main goal for the Focus23 strategy, which was launched nearly 3 years ago, is to gradually achieve profitable organic growth of approx. 10%. We expect the revenue target to be met this year, where earnings calculated on EBITDA are also expected to improve. Columbus is thus well on the way to living up to its own goals. Management expects to launch a new strategic plan for the period 2024-26 in the fourth quarter of the year. Now the company needs to build on the foundation to increase revenue and earnings in the coming years”. The analysis can we found here (in Danish): https://ir.columbusglobal.com/static-files/3e882b0a-0fc6-4564-8536-4ab5477db240
Columbus acquires ICY Security ApS – Expands business to meet customer demand for cyber security11.4.2023 10:12:23 CEST | Press release
Columbus has acquired the Danish cyber security company ICY Security ApS, with the aim to create a more complete digital offering for the customers: “ICY Security focuses on Identity & Access Management, which is also a focus point for many of Columbus’ customers that are looking to operationalize their cyber security strategy,” says Søren Krogh Knudsen, CEO & President at Columbus.
Columbus Annual Report 2022: Investment in organic growth15.3.2023 09:43:46 CET | Press release
2022 financial performance: Investment in organic growth
Erling Schjetne takes over as global Business Line Executive for Digital Commerce in Columbus.15.12.2022 12:09:36 CET | Press release
He has previously led Digital Commerce in Norway and Poland in the period 2014-2020. Erling (right) will have the position in addition to his current role as Market Unit Director in Columbus Norway. “Erling has delivered great results in the Norwegian market unit and knows the Digital Commerce business and culture from within. I feel very confident that he will succeed in energizing the organization in Digital Commerce and solidify our position as a market leader in Scandinavia” says Columbus CEO, Søren Krogh Knudsen. The last two years Digital Commerce has had an average growth of more than18 percent and now has 232 employees, a growth of more than 60 percent in the same time period. It is especially in the Swedish and Norwegian market where the growth has been strongest. “I am excited to get the opportunity to lead an amazing organization showing enormous drive in creating success for our customers by developing new competencies and delivering exciting new products, services and high
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom