WIN 2019 Symposium: WINnovation and Global Deployment of Precision Oncology
The 11th WIN Symposium in Precision Oncology will be held in Paris, France on June 23-24, 2019.
ASCO® endorsed for the past 11 years, the WIN symposium will deliver an
exciting line-up of speakers in Paris (France) on June 23-24, 2019 to
discuss Innovation and Global Deployment of Precision Oncology.
The current status of Precision Oncology across the globe will be examined with the exceptional participation of the chairmen of the event, Richard L. Schilsky, Chairman WIN Consortium(*) , Senior Vice-President and Chief Medical Officer of ASCO, and Josep Tabernero, Vice Chairman WIN Consortium, President of ESMO and Director of Vall d’Hebron Institute of Oncology, Spain.
Global experience will be shared:
- Optimizing Patient Enrollment and Efficacy of Precision Oncology Clinical Trials at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA
- Decision Support for Precision Oncology: Evolving from Monotherapy to Genomically Informed Combinations, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA
- The Value of Personalized Medicines for Healthcare Systems in Europe – by the European Biopharmaceutical Enterprises (EBE) and the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
- Rapidly changing landscape of Precision Medicine in Japan, Tokyo Medical and Dental University
- National Cancer Grid of India – Earthshots over Moonshots, TATA Memorial Hospital
- Development and Application of Precision Oncology in China, Fudan University Shanghai Cancer Center
World leading precision oncologists will deliver breakthrough science, including:
- Prof. Jennifer A. Doudna, PhD, University of California, Berkeley, USA “Rewriting the Code of Life: CRISPR-Cas Genome Editing”.
- Dr. Jennifer A. Ligibel, MD, Harvard Medical School and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, USA “Lifestyle-based Prevention Strategies”.
- Dr. Razelle Kurzrock, MD, University of California, San Diego, USA, “Innovation in Clinical Trials: WINTHER trial”, first study pioneered by the WIN Consortium (*) , that showed that assessing RNA is an important adjunct to DNA profiling for determining treatments and rings in a new era for personalized medicine in oncology. WINTHER results were recently published in Nature Medicine (**)
- Prof. Christophe Le Tourneau, MD., PhD, Institut Curie, France, “Innovative Ways of Assessing Durable Response under Immunotherapy”
- Dr. Jean François Martini, PhD., MSc, Pfizer Inc., “Addressing Mechanisms of Resistance Following Anti-Cancer Therapy: a Pharma Perspective”
- Prof. Angel Porgador, PhD, Ben Gurion University of Negev, Israel, “Efficient In Vitro Screening for Drug Combinations: The TEVA Model”
Do not miss the two microsatellites hosted at the WIN Symposium:
- Real-World Evidence and its Relevance for Clinical Practice and Stakeholder Decision Making - F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Artificial Intelligence to Support Patient Profiling in Precision Oncology - Definiens AG
The WIN symposium provides outstanding networking opportunities for all professionals in cancer care.
(*) WIN Consortium is a non-profit organization based in Paris, France. We are a worldwide network assembling cancer stakeholders from four continents to develop cutting edge concepts and clinical trials that improve survival for cancer patients. WIN members include 28 outstanding cancer centers plus 11 additional leading pharmaceutical, technology companies and patient advocacy organizations representing stakeholders in precision cancer medicine, www.winconsortium.org
(**) Genomic and transcriptomic profiling expands precision cancer medicine: the WINTHER trial https://doi.org/10.1038/s41591-019-0424-4
For more information: www.winsymposium.org
ASCO® is a registered trademark of the American Society of Clinical Oncology®. Used with permission. This is not an ASCO sponsored event.
About Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
NY-EUNETWORKS-GROUP3.6.2020 22:11:04 CEST | Press release
euNetworks Secures Additional Growth Capital From IMCO and Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners
CA-NETAPP3.6.2020 22:05:04 CEST | Press release
NetApp to Acquire Spot
CA-TELESIGN3.6.2020 18:02:09 CEST | Press release
TeleSign Helps Skype Screen Robocalls with Score
NY-DILIGENT3.6.2020 17:47:48 CEST | Press release
Media Alert: ESG Event for Board Directors Featuring CEO of Bank of America and Founder of World Economic Forum Explores Measurement of Stakeholder Capitalism
VERIMATRIX3.6.2020 17:47:08 CEST | Press release
Verimatrix COO Joins Forbes Technology Council
IDEMIA/SOPRA-STERIA3.6.2020 15:45:05 CEST | Press release
IDEMIA and Sopra Steria Chosen by eu-LISA to Build the New Shared Biometric Matching System (sBMS) for Border Protection of the Schengen Area
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom