Unruly Launches Dashboard Which Tracks Emotional Trends Of Video Advertising
Did you know that the most shared ad of all time - Google Android’s 2015 commercial “Friends Furever” - made consumers around the globe feel almost four times as happy as the average ad?
Or that American consumers are far more likely to love a brand or buy a product after watching a video ad online than consumers in Europe? Or that happiness is the most common emotion people feel worldwide while watching video ad content, while hilarity is one of the least?
These stats are compiled using data from Unruly Pulse - a new dashboard launched in beta today by video ad tech company Unruly.
Academic and industry studies over the last decade have repeatedly shown the effects of emotional advertising on a variety of brand and business metrics, including increased brand favorability, purchase intent and earned media.
Unruly Pulse uses more than 550,000 consumer responses to show marketers which emotions drive engagement across different demos, events, territories and product verticals. Advertisers can also analyse individual ads and compare their overall performance in their sector.
Unruly co-CEO Sarah Wood added: “Consumer emotions drive product sales, as well as brand love, so it’s not surprising that smart marketers appreciate the important role that Emotional Intelligence has to play in delivering effective video ad campaigns. Marketers using Unruly Pulse will have their finger on the pulse of consumer emotions and they’ll be able to plan more effectively for video launches around zeitgeist events and seasonal trends.
“Harnessing the Emotional Intelligence of Unruly Pulse, they’ll be better placed to understand what works for their audience and why. They’ll be equipped to develop a video content strategy that will resonate with a specific audience at a specific moment in time.”
Other insights compiled using Unruly Pulse data include:
- The key drivers of video sharing differ greatly around the world. For example, in the US and Europe, emotions are the key drivers of video sharing, while in South-East Asia, Brazil and Turkey the focus is more on giving consumers reasons to share content. In the Nordics the most common reasons to share video ads are feelings of happiness, surprise and confusion;
- The ad which made Nordics viewers the most happy was an ad for Sunwing Family Resorts ;
- Advertisers are failing to make people laugh, with hilarity one of the least common emotions worldwide, felt by 4% of respondents. Happiness is the most common emotion people felt while watching video content during the same period. It’s also the emotion most likely to cross national and cultural borders, making it perfect for sporting events like the Olympics and European Championships;
- Ahead of the Olympics in Rio, Brazilians are more likely to buy a product or love a brand after viewing an online ad than consumers in the US, South-East Asia and Europe. Two-thirds of Brazilians have a more favourable view of a brand after watching an ad, compared with 58% across ASEAN markets, 41% in the US, 28% in the UK and 26% in Germany. Purchase intent is also highest in Brazil, with 57% claiming they would buy a product post-viewing compared with 52% across ASEAN markets, 40% in the US, and 31% in the UK and Germany;
- Almost a fifth of millennials who watched Mountain Dew’s Super Bowl ad “Puppymonkeybaby” had a less favorable view of the brand after watching it;
- The launch of Christmas ads during November and December result in a global spike in inspiration and exhilaration. Meanwhile, hilarity spiked during this year’s Super Bowl;
- Our psychological responses change as we age and vary by gender. US males aged 25-34 are more likely to feel happiness, inspiration and pride while watching video ads, while male Boomers are more likely to feel confusion and disgust. Meanwhile, women aged 25-34 in the US are more likely to feel happiness and inspiration, while with Boomers it’s warmth, surprise and confusion;
- The most shared ad of all time - Google Android’s 2015 commercial “Friends Furever” (7 million shares worldwide) - made consumers around the globe feel almost four times as happy as the average ad. It was also over five times as likely to make people laugh as the average tech ad;
Using Unruly Pulse, advertisers can:
- Make data-driven decisions to drive purchase intent and brand metrics;
- Track how emotions seasonally ebb and flow over time;
- Find out what motivates viewers to share a piece of content;
- Identify the emotional profiles of best-in-class content ;
- Dissect trends by sector, geo & demo;
- Optimize distribution for maximum impact among their target segment.
Academic Dr Karen Nelson-Field, Director of the Centre for Digital Video Intelligence, said: “In true Unruly style, Unruly Pulse is a fun, user-friendly dashboard that provides deep levels of insight for brands and agencies hoping to make the most out of their video advertising campaigns.”
Methodology: Unruly Pulse is powered by Unruly’s unique, first-party data on emotional advertising. It visualises data from more than half a million consumer responses across thousands of videos, spanning EMEA, APAC and the Americas.
Pricing and availability: The dashboard is currently available in beta in Future Video Labs across the UK, US, France, Germany, Nordics and South-East Asia. To download our 7 Steps to Sporting S.U.C.C.E.S.S this Summer, click here. To find out more about the dashboard, please click here .
UNRULY, UNRULY PULSE and logos and associated marks are trademarks of Unruly Group. Other marks are owned by their respective owners.
Unruly is the ad tech company that gets videos watched, tracked and shared across the Open Web. Positioned at the intersect of video, social, native & mobile, Unruly uses emotional audience data and user-friendly video formats to massively increase viewer engagement, brand performance & publisher revenues.
With 3 out of every 4 video views now taking place outside of YouTube, 90% of Ad Age 100 brands have already used Unruly to connect with audiences at speed and scale across the Open Web.
Differentiated by a unique data set of 2 trillion video views and powered by a full tech stack, Unruly adds value by algorithmically evaluating content shareability and programmatically targeting custom audiences. Viewability is 100% guaranteed to an audience of 1.35 billion monthly unique users across mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
UnrulyX is the first supply side platform (SSP) for mobile video to offer scaled delivery of native ad formats and guarantee the viewability of premium video impressions bought via RTB.
Unruly employs 200 people across 15 offices , with regional HQs in London, New York and Singapore.
Its super power is emotional ad tech. Its secret weapon is passionate people on a mission to #DeliverWow. Unruly was acquired by News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) in September 2015.
David Waterhouse, +442071995871
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
PA-WESTINGHOUSE-ELECTRIC21.6.2018 22:26 | pressemeddelelse
First Westinghouse AP1000® Nuclear Plant Sanmen 1 Completes Initial Criticality
PA-WESTINGHOUSE-ELECTRIC21.6.2018 22:09 | pressemeddelelse
Westinghouse Loads Fuel in Second AP1000® Nuclear Power Plant
PHARNEXT21.6.2018 20:25 | pressemeddelelse
Pharnext to Announce Top-Line Results from the Pivotal Phase 3 Trial of PXT3003 for the Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Type 1A Disease by October 2018
PHILIP-MORRIS-INTERNATIO21.6.2018 20:15 | pressemeddelelse
Philip Morris International Makes Call to Creative, Media and Communications Communities
IBC21.6.2018 18:32 | pressemeddelelse
IBC2018 Announces Cyber Security Forum to Help Media Tackle Cyber Threats
MENSIA-TECHNOLOGIES21.6.2018 18:25 | pressemeddelelse
Mensia Technologies Raises 1,3 Million Euro to Introduce Koala Neurofeedback as a Revolutionary Medical Device in Europe
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum