Ascend Performance Materials to Exhibit Portfolio of Global Nylon 6,6 Technologies at Chinaplas 2016
Ascend Performance Materials will be showcasing its portfolio of Vydyne® nylon 6,6 products April 25-28 at Chinaplas 2016 (booth# N3B21), the largest plastics and rubber trade fair in Asia. Ascend, one of the world’s largest fully integrated producers of polyamide 66 (also known as nylon 6,6 or PA66), manufactures materials for automotive components , consumer goods , industrial products , textile goods , electrical and electronic components and carpet . Ascend’s Vydyne® PA66 fiber products are also widely used in air bags and tire cord.
“We are fully committed to the nylon 6,6 chain. It is our only business,” said Phil McDivitt, president, nylon at Ascend Performance Materials. “Our 60-plus years of nylon 6,6 technical expertise combined with our world-class operations and continued investments in our people, technologies and facilities make Ascend well-positioned to help customers grow in China and throughout Asia.”
Under the theme “inspiring everyday,” the company will highlight its material solutions at booth N3B21 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre:
- New Vydyne® PA66 glass reinforced (15-35%) grades for automotive, electrical and electronic components – these grades are electrically neutral, halogen-free, offer high-flow and low-plate-out and are laser-markable.
- A new Vydyne® PA66 non-halogenated unreinforced FR (flame retardant) grade offers best-in-class RTI (Relative Temperature Index) performance. This FR grade is part of a major upgrade of Ascend’s solutions for electrical and electronic components.
- Vydyne® PA66 grades for automotive cooling system applications – these hydrolysis-resistant materials (HR grades) can meet hydrolysis-aging requirements of 3,000 hours at 120°C with improved property retention performance to exceed the increasing demands of global OEMs.
Members of Ascend’s global technology team will be available to discuss the 2015 SPE Innovation Award in the Body Exterior Category for a push-to-release fastener used in Ford Motor Company’s 2015 Mustang. This innovative part is made with Ascend’s Vydyne® 47H, a heat-stabilized, impact-modified grade of PA66.
Ascend also will display additional Vydyne® PA66 solutions:
- Cable ties and fasteners – New impact-modified, unreinforced grades are designed for high-performance applications and offer customers faster cycle times, higher heat resistance, weatherability and reduced plate out during processing.
- Food packaging – Vydyne® PA66-based FDA-compliant copolymers used in film packaging for food products, meat and fresh produce provide low permeation, act as a superior oxygen barrier and have higher heat resistance and puncture resistance compared to traditional polyamide solutions.
- No-Shock® antistatic fiber – Based on Ascend’s bi-component fiber technology, No-Shock® is available as filament (drawn and undrawn), staple fiber and sliver forms in a wide range of deniers. It provides inherent, permanent static dissipation, resists abrasion and is UV stable. No-Shock® is ideal for woven, knit and electrically embedded wearables as well as automotive applications such as seat covers, flooring, headliners and trunk liners. No-Shock® is easy to process with low usage rates, meets OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 and is REACH compliant.
“We continue to see increased demand for high-performance materials that enable our customers to innovate and design products that help them stay ahead of global trends as diverse as lighter-weight products to replace metal in automotive applications to products that improve food packaging to keep food fresher and retard spoiling,” said James Zhao, Ascend business director, Asia. “Our presence at Chinaplas provides us a platform to share information on the latest Vydyne® PA66 technologies that will help our customers accelerate their business.”
For more information on Ascend’s portfolio of PA66 solutions for automotive, electrical and electronic goods, cable ties and fasteners, consumer products and industrial applications, please visit us at Chinaplas booth #N3B21 or visit www.ascendmaterials.com .
NOTE TO EDITORS : ASCEND PERFORMANCE MATERIALS is a trademark of Ascend Performance Materials Operations LLC. This trademark has been registered in jurisdictions throughout the world, including the United States of America.
About Ascend Performance Materials
Ascend Performance Materials is a global premium provider of high-quality chemicals, fibers and plastics. Ascend is one of the world’s largest integrated PA66 producers, with its own in-house manufacturing facilities, ensuring total security of supply. Ascend’s product range has earned it an unequalled reputation for quality, innovative techniques and an enlightened approach to business that expands the horizons of possibility. With eight global locations and more than 3,200 people working at our sites around the world, Ascend has the inspiration, the expertise, the people and the attitude toward innovation to consistently deliver the right solution for customers.
Together, we’re making a difference.
Together, we’re inspiring everyday.
More information about Ascend can be found at www.ascendmaterials.com .
About SK Capital
SK Capital is a private investment firm with a disciplined focus on the specialty materials, chemicals and healthcare sectors. The firm’s purpose is to build strong and growing businesses that create substantial long-term economic value. SK utilizes its industry, operating and investment experience to identify opportunities to transform businesses into higher performing organizations with improved strategic positioning, growth and profitability as well as lower operating risk. SK Capital’s portfolio companies generate revenues of approximately $8 billion annually and employ approximately 9,000 people. The firm currently manages more than $1.5 billion of committed capital. For more information, please visit www.skcapitalpartners.com .
Ascend Performance Materials
Alison Jahn, + 713.210.9809
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skrive dig op her og du vil løbende modtage pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
NJ-CELGENE17.2.2018 22:02 | pressemeddelelse
OTEZLA® (Apremilast) Phase III Data Showed Significant Improvements in Patients with Active Behçet’s Disease with Oral Ulcers
CELLTRION-HEALTHCARE17.2.2018 09:02 | pressemeddelelse
CT-P13 (biosimilar infliximab) is comparable to reference infliximab and adalimumab in highly anticipated real-world study
AVANTI-COMMUNICATIONS16.2.2018 19:28 | pressemeddelelse
Avanti Communications HYLAS 4 Satellite Arrives in French Guiana
KY-GENERAL-CABLE-CORP16.2.2018 18:07 | pressemeddelelse
General Cable Corporation Stockholders Approve Acquisition By Prysmian Group
BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM16.2.2018 10:05 | pressemeddelelse
Systemic Sclerosis World Congress: Inspirational Patient Stories Reveal the Challenging Realities of Living with Devastating Rare Disease
PHILIP-MORRIS-INTL16.2.2018 09:02 | pressemeddelelse
Philip Morris International Recognized as a Global Top Employer for the Second Year in a Row
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum