Truffle Capital Releases the Tenth Edition of Its “Truffle 100 Europe” Ranking of the Top 100 European Software Firms
Truffle Capital , a major player in the European venture capital industry, releases the tenth edition of the Truffle 100 , its ranking of the top 100 European software companies. The “Truffle 100 Europe” is put together in collaboration with industry analysts IDC and CXP Group , which conducted the survey used for the ranking, and Essec Business School .
For 2014, the Truffle 100 Europe highlights a return to growth with total revenues of €62.2 billion, up 8.3% compared to 2013 (+2.7% in 2013). French software companies account for 12.2% of the Truffle 100’s total revenues with 22 vendors (against 11.9% with 21 publishers in 2013) and move closer to the second position of the ranking. German publishers are still leading the way (49.8% of total revenues with 17 companies) and the United-Kingdom comes second (12.4% with 19 companies), followed very closely by the French companies.
The winners of the national leaders of global scale remains unchanged: SAP continues to lead, followed by Dassault Systems. Sage and Hexagon occupy the 3rd and 4th position, respectively.
Software sales are up 6% to €44.419 billion.
The 2014 figures also show a continuing trend towards revenue concentration among the top 25 software companies (up 2 points to 77%) and the growing reluctance of financial markets to invest in the sector, with both of these trends already under way in 2013. The ranking also highlights a strong commitment from companies to innovation and R&D, with stable total investments of €7 billion.
Key figures from the Truffle 100 Europe 2014:
- Promising return to revenue growth, up 8.3% to €62.2 billion, compared to +2.7% to €57.4 billion in 2013. The top 25 companies in the ranking account for 77% of the total revenue (75% in 2013);
- Decline of financial strength: 42 companies have revenues above €200 million (compared to 50 in 2013); 65 companies have revenues above €100 million (compared to 67 in 2013); and 94 above €50 million (compared to 98 in 2013).
- Software sales are up 6% to €44.4 billion, compared to €42 billion in 2013.
- In 2014, 54 of the companies ranked on the Truffle 100 Europe are publicly traded (compared to 56 listed companies in 2013), representing 81.6% of total revenues (80.6% in 2013), 77.5% of R&D overall expenditures and 94.7% of R&D investments (95% in 2013);
- The amount of investment in R&D remained stable at € 7 billion, compared to €6.9 billion in 2013.
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
MYKRONOZ22.3.2018 17:34 | pressemeddelelse
Swiss Wearable Brand MyKronoz Breaks Worldwide Records with its Hybrid Smartwatch ZeTime, on the Sidelines of a Challenging Baselworld 2018
NC-REDWOOD-SOFTWARE22.3.2018 16:01 | pressemeddelelse
Redwood Software Announces First Industry Robotic Licensing Model to Revolutionize Transparent Marketplace Pricing
L&T-TECHNOLOGY-SERVICES22.3.2018 15:36 | pressemeddelelse
German Chemical Major Covestro Awards L&T Technology Services Multi-Million Dollar ER&D Project
SAGA-FOUNDATION22.3.2018 14:02 | pressemeddelelse
The Saga Foundation Announces Its Plan to Create a Non-Anonymous, Reserve-Backed Digital Currency
CA-BOOHOO.COM22.3.2018 13:50 | pressemeddelelse
boohoo.com Celebrates the Launch of Their Spring Collection & the Zendaya Edit with a 90s Throwback Block Party!
NJ-SYNCHRONOSS22.3.2018 13:02 | pressemeddelelse
Synchronoss Renews Agreement to Power Verizon Cloud
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum