Trane Technologies Launches Innovation for Heating and Cooling With a Single Unit, While Reducing Buildings’ Carbon Footprint
Global climate innovator Trane Technologies (NYSE: TT) announced today the launch of the Sintesis™ Balance CMAF, a fully electric single unit to heat and cool buildings. The air-cooled multi-pipe solution is the latest model in the Sintesis portfolio of high-performance indoor climate systems by Trane®, the company’s HVAC brand. It is initially available for customers in Europe, Middle East, and Africa.
Sintesis Balance is a fully electric unit that delivers hot and chilled water for heating and cooling. It is ideal for buildings with dynamic temperature requirements, such as schools, hotels, hospitals, retail centers, office buildings and theaters.
“The Sintesis Balance eliminates the need for separate boiler and chiller systems, and provides flexibility to meet comfort needs across climates, seasons, use and occupancy, as well as better use of floor space,” said José La Loggia, president of Trane Technologies’ Commercial HVAC in EMEA. “It also provides highly reliable operation, temperature control and indoor air quality. Most systems in Europe use gas or oil boilers, whereas this solution is fully electric. Since buildings contribute to about 15 percent of global carbon emissions, and heating and cooling represents about 35 percent of that, Sintesis Balance is also a major step on the path to electrification and decarbonization of buildings.”
The innovation contributes to Trane Technologies’ Gigaton Challenge, a goal to reduce customers’ greenhouse gas emissions by a billion metric tons by 2030. The unit recovers and repurposes energy without generating its own carbon emissions, significantly reducing fossil fuel use over typical systems that include both a boiler and a chiller. When drawing from a grid that generates electricity from renewable sources, Sintesis Balance has potential to be a zero-emissions solution.
Sintesis Balance Sustainability by the Numbers
Trane Sintesis Balance has an average Total Efficiency Ratio of 8.2; it generates 8 kW of simultaneous cooling and heating from only 1 kW of electric power. It also delivers a Coefficient of Performance (COP) of 3.35, the highest COP among air-sourced multi-pipe unit options. (COP is a measure of how much heat the system produces per unit of energy input).
The technology’s expanded operating map allows for temperature control even in very hot or cold climates. The heating capabilities of the unit make it a good choice for building applications in regions where ambient air temperatures go down to minus 18 degrees Celsius. The unit also can heat water up to 68 degrees Celsius.
Technical features of the Trane Sintesis Balance CMAF
- Trane Adaptive Refrigerant System™ automatically optimizes refrigerant charge in each operating mode and temperature condition, delivering additional performance and efficiency gains.
- Fully electric driven CMAF multi-pipe unit doesn’t generate direct greenhouse gas emissions beyond emissions from the electricity grid. It offers up to 350 percent higher efficiency compared to most gas boilers when delivering hot water for comfort heating systems.
- Configurability with three acoustic packages and efficiency levels to meet different building application requirements.
- New generation of Trane controls technology – Tracer Symbio™ 800 controller features advanced algorithms ensuring smooth, reliable operation with low cost of ownership. In addition, it also offers six arbitration choices to optimize performances for the application.
- Tracer Symbio 800 with TD7 AdaptiView™ touchscreen provides facility managers with user-friendly control of the unit. The controller allows them to remotely manage and respond to a variety of conditions and maintain efficient operation with various pre-programmed operating modes.
For more details of on the complete Trane portfolio of solutions for EMEA, please visit www.Trane.eu .
About Trane Technologies
Trane Technologies is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmentally responsible products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation. Visit tranetechnologies.com .
About Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
JETCRAFT22.9.2020 13:02:46 CEST | Press release
Jetcraft Strengthens European Team
ROBOTSHOP22.9.2020 13:02:06 CEST | Press release
RobotShop Launches Its Niche Marketplace in Robotics
MI-EATON22.9.2020 12:32:52 CEST | Press release
Eaton’s Twin Vortices Series Helps Hydrogen Fuel Cell Modules Operate at Peak Efficiency
SEOUL-SEMICONDUCTOR-CO.22.9.2020 11:13:48 CEST | Press release
Seoul Semiconductor’s WICOP Bi-color LEDs Are Shining in the Headlamp of Audi A4 Model Year 2020
VEEVA-SYSTEMS-INC.22.9.2020 10:02:13 CEST | Press release
Veeva Commercial Cloud Selected by Idorsia to Accelerate Digital Engagement Globally
VEEVA-SYSTEMS-INC22.9.2020 10:02:13 CEST | Press release
Medis Selects Veeva CRM to Deliver Personalized Experiences to Healthcare Professionals
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom