Takeda Reports First Half FY2016 Results and Raises Full Year Profit Guidance
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited (TOKYO:4502):
Strong first half results led by Growth Drivers
Underlying Revenue grew +7.4%, led by a +15.3% increase of Takeda's
(GI, Oncology, CNS and Emerging Markets). Reported revenue declined -5.9%, due to unfavorable currencies (-8.6pt) and the impact of divestitures (-4.7pt).
- Underlying Core Earnings advanced +12.7% with the Core Earnings margin increasing by 0.7pt. Despite unfavorable currencies and the negative impact of divestitures, reported operating profit was up +46.7% benefiting from strong underlying growth and a one-time gain on the Teva JV transaction.
- Underlying Core EPS was up +49.3%, reflecting strong Core Earnings growth and a lower tax rate due to timing. Reported EPS more than doubled to 159 yen, up from 69 yen in the prior year period.
- Reported Operating Free Cash Flow was up 34.0% to 74.6 billion yen driven by continued working capital improvements.
Takeda's Growth Drivers delivered 15.3% Revenue growth
- GI underlying revenue grew +39.4%, driven by ENTYVIO® and TAKECAB® .
- Oncology underlying revenue grew +4.9% driven by NINLARO® and ADCETRIS® .
- CNS underlying revenue of +28.2% was boosted by a strong TRINTELLIX® performance.
- Emerging Markets underlying revenue growth was +4.9% with Q2 growth accelerating to +5.7%.
Underlying Revenue growth across all regions, led by continued double-digit performance in the US
- Japan underlying revenue was up +4.1%, driven by TAKECAB® , AZILVA® and LOTRIGA® .
- US underlying revenue growth of +15.1%, led by ENTYVIO® , NINLARO® and TRINTELLIX® .
- Europe and Canada underlying revenue grew +4.8%, driven by ENTYVIO® and ADCETRIS® .
- Emerging Markets underlying revenue was up +4.9%, with robust growth in the key markets of Brazil (+11.1%), China (+9.7%) and Russia (+8.4%).
Christophe Weber, President and Chief Executive Officer of Takeda, commented:
"Today we reported strong first half results in a year of significant
transformation. This strong momentum allows us to increase our full year
The recent positive CHMP opinion for the conditional approval of NINLARO ® in the EU was an important step to bring this new treatment option to patients worldwide. I am confident that our Growth Drivers will continue to fuel our momentum well into the future."
Reported Results for H1 (April – September) of FY2016
|EPS||69 yen||159 yen||+129.4%||N/A|
|Core EPS||138 yen||139 yen||+1.2%||+49.3%|
|Core Earnings is calculated by taking reported gross profit and deducting SG&A expenses and R&D expenses.|
|In addition, certain other items that are non-core in nature and significant in value may also be adjusted.|
|Underlying growth compares two periods of financial results under a common basis, showing the ongoing performance of the business excluding the impact of foreign exchange and divestitures.|
|Attributable to the owners of the company.|
Takeda increases management guidance for Underlying Core Earnings to "mid- to high-teen growth" and Underlying Core EPS is trending to the high end of the "low- to mid-teen growth" range
FY2016 Management Guidance
(May 10, 2016)
(Oct 28, 2016)
|Underlying Revenue||Mid single digit growth (%)||Mid single digit growth (%)|
|Underlying Core Earnings||Low- to mid-teen growth (%)||Mid- to high-teen growth (%)|
|Underlying Core EPS||Low- to mid-teen growth (%)||Low- to mid-teen growth (%)|
|Annual Dividend per Share||180 yen||180 yen|
Reported Net Profit/EPS forecast increased despite accelerated R&D transformation costs and unfavorable currency impact
Total estimated costs related to the R&D transformation program are unchanged at 75 billion yen; with 40 billion yen estimated in FY2016 (previous forecast was 25 billion yen) and 35 billion yen in FY2017.
FY2016 Reported Forecast
(May 10, 2016)
(Oct 28, 2016)
|Net Profit 3||88.0||91.0|
|EPS||112 yen||116 yen|
|Exchange Rate (annual average)||1 US$=110 yen, 1 euro=125 yen||1 US$=104 yen, 1 euro=117 yen|
|1||Includes unfavorable currency impact of approximately 68 billion yen|
|2||Includes favorable currency impact of approximately 14 billion yen|
|3||Attributable to the owners of the company|
For more details on Takeda’s FY2016 H1 results and other financial information please visit http://www.takeda.com/investor-information/results/
About Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven pharmaceutical company committed to bringing better health and a brighter future to patients by translating science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on oncology, gastroenterology and central nervous system therapeutic areas plus vaccines. Takeda conducts R&D both internally and with partners to stay at the leading edge of innovation. New innovative products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in Emerging Markets, fuel the growth of Takeda. More than 30,000 Takeda employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients, working with our partners in health care in more than 70 countries. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.com/news .
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
IBC25.5.2018 20:22 | pressemeddelelse
NBC Universal, Havas Group and Endemol Shine Discuss a Future with AI, Blockchain and VR at IBC2018
THE-FRENCH-PAVILION25.5.2018 11:28 | pressemeddelelse
Pavilion of France at the 16th International Architecture Exhibition – La Biennale di Venezia
SIA25.5.2018 10:32 | pressemeddelelse
SIA Acquires Card Processing Businesses in Central and Southeastern Europe from First Data
PA-WESTINGHOUSE-ELECTRIC25.5.2018 08:02 | pressemeddelelse
Westinghouse Accident Tolerant Fuel Development Moves Forward with Cooperation Agreement with ENUSA
BRIC-HOLDING25.5.2018 08:02 | pressemeddelelse
BRIC HOLDING Offers Aimedis – ICO: Germany’s Leading eHealth Platform Goes Public
ALPS-ELECTRIC25.5.2018 04:35 | pressemeddelelse
Alps Electric to Acquire Greina Technologies, Inc. as Part of Sensor Business Strengthening
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum