SPREE Interactive Raises Millions to Expand Global Partnerships and Free-Roam VR Esports Experiences
Exclusive content, global distribution partnerships, and proprietary technology are rapidly transforming retail locations into massive VR virtual laser tag arenas
NUREMBERG, Germany, Feb. 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SPREE Interactive, previously known as HolodeckVR, a global leader in multiplayer, free-roaming commercial VR attractions, has successfully secured a multimillion euro investment of an undisclosed amount, backed by investors with successful exits to Disney, to expand global operations and strategic partnerships.
- SPREE Interactive secured its first exclusive, licensing partnership with VR Nerds to distribute the world’s first all-in-one, mobile free-roam, immersive VR eSports experience for Tower Tag, the largest VR eSport game globally, currently with over 1 million plays.
- SPREE Interactive is doubling-down on the high-growth eSports market by providing all-in-one free-roam custom-solutions to the location-based entertainment market through their global partnership with Pico Interactive, creators of the Neo 2 headset that was named to TIME's Best Inventions of 2020 List.
- Three strong market drivers fuel SPREE’s rapid expansion: global VR gaming estimated $92.31 billion by 2027, esports revenues to reach $1.5B by 2023 combined with increased foot traffic and explosive demand from shopping malls to find innovative ways to utilize the floor space.
- SPREE's products deliver one of the highest ROI in the industry. Operators are recouping their investment in less than six months generating additional revenue with an average of 2,500 plays per location, per month for enterprise clients like Family Entertainment Centers.
- SPREE’s content strategy is to become the Netflix of hyper-immersive social virtual reality experiences, enabling third party content developers like VR Nerds, and Hollywood FX studio PIXOMONDO to develop for its open platform.
- SPREE systems are built upon proprietary, patented sensor fusion technology and cutting edge content distribution platform; currently integrated into VR Roller Coasters, VR Bumper Cars, and arena scale VR free-roam attractions globally, with other AAA VR content partnerships in development.
- SPREE is preparing for a Series-A later this year to build upon SPREE’s proprietary, patented technology, strategic partnerships, content distribution and global expansion.
"Shopping malls are desperately seeking alternative revenue streams and innovative ways to utilize the floor space, SPREE provides scalable, revenue-driving solutions to retailers," says Jonathan Nowak Delgado, Founder and Managing Director, SPREE Interactive.
SPREE Investor, Stephan Berendsen, Founder and Managing Director of Germany-based Berendsen Holding GmbH says: "After having sold my own company to Disney 15 years ago, I know what it takes for a company to become attractively scalable and profitable - and SPREE has the potential for both."
SPREE’s Founder and Managing Director Jonathan Nowak Delgado says: "As we plan for our Series A round, we will continue to build upon our proprietary, patented sensor fusion technology, strategic partnerships and cutting edge content distribution platform - continuous innovation and collaboration are at the heart of our growth."
ABOUT SPREE INTERACTIVE: SPREE Interactive is a pioneer in delivering turn-key large-scale, multiplayer, free-roaming commercial VR attractions, content and technologies to the location-based entertainment industry. Formerly known as Holodeck VR, SPREE systems are built upon proprietary, patented sensor fusion technology and a cutting edge content distribution platform. To learn more, visit https://jointhespree.com/.
+49 175 8757591
ABOUT PICO INTERACTIVE: Pico Interactive focuses on innovative VR and AR solutions which enable businesses to create and experience the best in VR and Interactive Computer-Generated Imagery. With operations in the United States, Europe, China and Japan, Pico Interactive focuses on creating amazing VR platforms for any application and is built around the principle of "user first design." To learn more, visit www.pico-interactive.com.
A video accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/5c3edd72-521c-41e5-b3f0-6c532f57b545
Subscribe to releases from Globenewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Globenewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Globenewswire
Kvika banki hf.26.2.2021 20:01:34 CET | Press release
Kvika banki hf: Two provisos in Kvika, TM and Lykill Merger Agreement fulfilled
Junshi Biosciences26.2.2021 18:37:02 CET | Press release
U.S. Government to Purchase Minimum of 100,000 Doses of Etesevimab and Bamlanivimab Neutralizing Antibody Therapy
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd26.2.2021 18:31:32 CET | Press release
Roche SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test receives special approval for at-home patient self-testing using nasal swabs in Germany
Pro Kapital Grupp26.2.2021 18:01:31 CET | Press release
Pro Kapital Council approved Consolidated Interim Report for IV Quarter and 12 Months of 2020 (Unaudited)
Cargotec Corporation26.2.2021 17:41:40 CET | Press release
Cargotec Corporation: Share Repurchase 26.2.2021
Leasinvest Real Estate Comm. VA26.2.2021 17:41:29 CET | Press release
Leasinvest Real Estate SCA sells the semi-industrial part of the Brixton Business Park in Zaventem
International Petroleum Corporation26.2.2021 17:31:29 CET | Press release
International Petroleum Corporation Announces Updated Share Capital
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom