SolarWinds Enables Powerful Application-Centric Monitoring for Both Windows- and Linux-Based Systems Whether On-Premises or in the Cloud
Latest Version of SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor Features Both Agentless and New Agent-Based Monitoring, Alerting and Reporting for Linux Environments
AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwired - October 04, 2016) - SolarWinds , a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT monitoring software, today announced updates to its award-winning SolarWindsÂ® Server & Application Monitor (SAM) that vastly improve IT professionals' monitoring, alerting and reporting capabilities for LinuxÂ® environments. Now with both agentless and agent-based monitoring capabilities for Linux systems, SolarWinds SAM is ideally suited to help improve the performance and uptime of both WindowsÂ® - and Linux-based applications within a single console wherever they are deployed -- on-premises, whether physical or virtual, or in the cloud.
"IT is becoming increasingly distributed, being driven in large part by the need for geo-redundant deployments and hybrid IT ," said Gerardo Dada, vice president, product marketing, SolarWinds. "At the same time, IT departments are increasingly responsible for managing heterogeneous environments that include both Windows and Linux systems. Some compromise between effectiveness and efficiency by managing such environments with two or more separate toolsets, often leveraging open source tools for monitoring their Linux-based applications. With this update, SolarWinds SAM now empowers IT professionals with the capability to ensure the performance of both Windows- and Linux-based applications and servers -- regardless of where they may be may be -- with a single tool."
Any Application, Any Server, Anywhere
With new agent-based monitoring for Linux systems, SolarWinds SAM empowers IT professionals with detailed performance metrics and alerting for their Windows and now Linux-based applications deployed in geographically disperse datacenters, remote offices or in the public cloud, including AmazonÂ® AWSÂ® , MicrosoftÂ® AzureÂ® , Google Cloud Platformâ¢ and RackspaceÂ® .
In addition, the latest updates make SolarWinds SAM especially helpful in monitoring performance, health and resource utilization of applications during the transition to the cloud as well -- ensuring the right workloads are hosted where they perform the best and proper resource provisioning to prevent downtime and performance degradation.
Detailed Database Performance Metrics
While over 80 percent of application performance issues are database related, many IT departments have inadequate visibility into what happens inside a database, limiting their ability to troubleshoot why a query may be slow or how to improve the speed of a database operation. The latest version of SolarWinds SAM also includes improved integration with SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer (DPA) to present detailed database wait-time analytics in context of application, server, virtualization and storage performance.
Now, when these products are used together, database performance data is integrated into the SolarWinds Orion Â® platform's AppStack environment view. Among other benefits, this enables IT departments to be alerted when a database operation deviates from a historic baseline and simultaneously informed of the potential impact to specific applications supported by the database. The correlation of database and other systems data can also lead to faster identification of the root cause of the slowdown.
Additional new capabilities include :
- Next generation high availability to simplify deploying SolarWinds SAM and other SolarWinds Orion platform-based products in a redundant configuration for critical workloads.
- Faster discovery of servers and applications through directory services.
- Monitoring of Linux processes in real time and the ability to identify which are consuming the most CPU/memory and start/stop processes remotely.
- Additional visibility into network interface metrics, such as bandwidth throughput, packet and error counts.
- Web-based SSHÂ® client for remote console management of Linux servers directly from the SolarWinds Orion platform interface.
- Automatic identification of Linux distributions, simplifying the configuration of distribution-specific monitoring templates.
SolarWinds SAM Highlights
- Out-of-the-box monitoring templates for more than 200 enterprise applications plus hundreds more available through our THWACKÂ® user community .
- Monitor custom or home-grown applications by defining custom metrics or modifying existing templates.
- Isolate root cause of issues by visualizing application relationship with underlying infrastructure layers.
- Monitor server hardware health, perform capacity forecasting and manage asset inventory.
- Remediate server issues remotely with built-in troubleshooting tools.
- Integration with the SolarWinds Orion platform, allowing server and application performance data to be incorporated with data from SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor (SRM), SolarWinds Virtualization Manager and SolarWinds DPA into the platform's AppStack environment view.
Pricing and Availability
SolarWinds SAM pricing starts at $2,995 USD*, including the first year of maintenance. For more information, including a downloadable, free 30-day evaluation, visit the SolarWinds website or call 866.530.8100.
*Price as of October 4, 2016. Pricing may vary based upon the jurisdiction and applicable currency. Please contact a local SolarWinds sales representative to find pricing specific to your jurisdiction.
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor Overview
- Monitor Your Linux Environment with SAM
- Redmond Magazine's 2015 Reader's Choice Awards: SolarWinds SAM, Platinum Winner
- SolarWinds IT Trends Report 2016: The Hybrid IT Evolution
Connect with SolarWinds
SolarWinds provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500Â® enterprises to small businesses, government agencies and educational institutions. We are committed to focusing exclusively on IT Pros, and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. Regardless of where the IT asset or user sits, SolarWinds delivers products that are easy to find, buy, use, maintain, and scale while providing the power to address all key areas of the infrastructure from on premises to the Cloud. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our THWACK Â® online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at www.solarwinds.com .
SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Orion, and THWACK are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks, service marks, and logos may be common law marks or are registered or pending registration. All other trademarks mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of (and may be registered trademarks) of their respective companies.
Â© 2016 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
Information om Marketwired
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Marketwired
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Marketwired
Bombardier Transportation14.3.2018 15:16 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Secures Major Contract Extension to Maintain Trains for London Overground
Bombardier Transportation7.3.2018 16:02 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Wins Contract to Upgrade Singapore's Bukit Panjang Light Rail Transit Line
Bombardier Inc.15.2.2018 12:39 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Results
Bombardier Inc.14.2.2018 17:21 | pressemeddelelse
REMINDER/Media Advisory: Bombardier to report Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results on February 15, 2018
Bombardier Inc.8.2.2018 17:01 | pressemeddelelse
Media Advisory: Bombardier to report Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Financial Results on February 15, 2018
Lifesize, Inc.6.2.2018 08:01 | pressemeddelelse
Lifesize Drives Relentless Innovation, Boosts Customer Satisfaction With New Integrations, Features and Updates
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum