Investing in the Future Conference (IIFMENA) Launches ‘Sharjah Declaration for Youth Empowerment’
In response to the challenges facing Youth in the MENA region, Sharjah, the third largest emirate in the United Arab Emirates, has called on MENA member states and international community to collectively adopt and implement the ‘Sharjah Declaration for Youth Empowerment’, a nine-point action agenda to empower youth, and save their futures from the dangers of extremism.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181025005605/en/
- Put the acquisition of life skills at the centre of youth policy decision-making to prepare children and youth to leap into the future: ready to learn, engage in employment, be active citizen and in control of their own personal growth and empowerment.
- Promote policies that foster an enabling environment and recognise the important role of young women as agents of economic stabilisation and growth.
- Mainstream gender in all plans, policies and programmes which are aimed at empowering, protecting and supporting youth.
- Utilise existing endeavors towards education reforms, and the changing demographics as a window of opportunity to translate investment in human capital.
- Coordinate efforts of governments, UN agencies, NGOs, academics and the private sector to transform education to enable flexible learning opportunities beyond schooling.
- Note that youth entrepreneurship is a driving force of socio-economic development.
- Act to create conditions conducive to youth entrepreneurs.
- Ensure that all refugee youth are protected against violence, abuse, and exploitation, and to have access healthcare and psychosocial support.
- Take the best interests of refugee youth as a primary consideration in all matters affecting their future.
The declaration is the outcome of a full day of discussions at the Investing in the Future Conference (IIFMENA), which is organised by global humanitarian organisation, TBHF, under the theme, ‘Youth – Crisis Challenges and Development Opportunities’ offering its global platform once every two years to address a pressing humanitarian problem in the region.
National Network Communications (NNC)
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
FONDATION-IPSEN14.11.2018 17:57 | pressemeddelelse
Raising Awareness about Early Onset Dementia: “Don’t Leave me now”, Written by Brian Daniels
HCL-TECHNOLOGIES14.11.2018 17:46 | pressemeddelelse
HCL Technologies Celebrates 10 Years of Success in the Nordics
PA-ROCKWELL-AUTOMATION14.11.2018 17:37 | pressemeddelelse
The Next Industrial Transformation is Here: Rockwell Automation is Helping Businesses Prepare to Succeed at Automation Fair 2018
SHARJAH14.11.2018 16:55 | pressemeddelelse
Hospital in Cox’s Bazar Will Offer 24/7 Medical Aid to 140,000 Rohingya Refugees
JANSSEN14.11.2018 15:25 | pressemeddelelse
Janssen Seeks Expanded Use of IMBRUVICA®▼ (ibrutinib) in Two Indications in Europe
CA-RESMED14.11.2018 15:07 | pressemeddelelse
ResMed Completes Acquisition of MatrixCare
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum