Investing in the Future Conference (IIFMENA) Launches ‘Sharjah Declaration for Youth Empowerment’
In response to the challenges facing Youth in the MENA region, Sharjah, the third largest emirate in the United Arab Emirates, has called on MENA member states and international community to collectively adopt and implement the ‘Sharjah Declaration for Youth Empowerment’, a nine-point action agenda to empower youth, and save their futures from the dangers of extremism.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181025005605/en/
- Put the acquisition of life skills at the centre of youth policy decision-making to prepare children and youth to leap into the future: ready to learn, engage in employment, be active citizen and in control of their own personal growth and empowerment.
- Promote policies that foster an enabling environment and recognise the important role of young women as agents of economic stabilisation and growth.
- Mainstream gender in all plans, policies and programmes which are aimed at empowering, protecting and supporting youth.
- Utilise existing endeavors towards education reforms, and the changing demographics as a window of opportunity to translate investment in human capital.
- Coordinate efforts of governments, UN agencies, NGOs, academics and the private sector to transform education to enable flexible learning opportunities beyond schooling.
- Note that youth entrepreneurship is a driving force of socio-economic development.
- Act to create conditions conducive to youth entrepreneurs.
- Ensure that all refugee youth are protected against violence, abuse, and exploitation, and to have access healthcare and psychosocial support.
- Take the best interests of refugee youth as a primary consideration in all matters affecting their future.
The declaration is the outcome of a full day of discussions at the Investing in the Future Conference (IIFMENA), which is organised by global humanitarian organisation, TBHF, under the theme, ‘Youth – Crisis Challenges and Development Opportunities’ offering its global platform once every two years to address a pressing humanitarian problem in the region.
National Network Communications (NNC)
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her, og modtag pressemeddelelser på e-mail. Indtast din e-mail, klik på abonner, og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte e-mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
IL-ISACA17.1.2019 20:26 | Pressemeddelelse
ISACA Announces 2019 Slate of Events for Business Technology Professionals Around the Globe During its 50th Anniversary Year
HIGHLIFE-SAS17.1.2019 18:27 | Pressemeddelelse
HighLife Closes a €32 Million Round B Financing
PA-PMI17.1.2019 16:02 | Pressemeddelelse
The Brightline™ Initiative, led by Project Management Institute, to Support The Economist Davos Panel
TN-FEDEX-CORP17.1.2019 15:02 | Pressemeddelelse
FedEx Trade Networks Rebrands as FedEx Logistics
TX-SAILPOINT17.1.2019 15:02 | Pressemeddelelse
SailPoint Names Andrew Kahl as Chief Customer Officer
NY-MSCI17.1.2019 15:02 | Pressemeddelelse
MSCI Schedules Investor Conference Call to Review Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2018 Results
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter samt finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum