SGI Introduces Unique Scale-out Solution for SAP HANA® that Protects Investments When Moving to Real-time Business
MILPITAS, Calif., 2016-10-04 15:00 CEST (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
Today, SGI (NASDAQ:SGI), a global leader in high-performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management, announced that enterprises can now leverage the Intel-basedSGI UV 300Hserver in a multi-node cluster (scale out) to run SAP® Business Warehouse (SAP BW) on SAP HANA® or new SAP BW/4HANA. Unique to SGI, the cluster nodes can later be reconfigured as single-node systems with 1 to 32TB of shared memory (scale up) to run SAP S/4HANA® and other real-time applications. SGI also announced that deployments of the SGI UV 300H as a single-node system provide in total over 800 Terabytes of in-memory computing capacity to organizations running the SAP HANA platform. These announcements reflect SGI’s broadening leadership in high-performance data analytics and continuing innovation to achieve greater insight and gain competitive advantage with SAP HANA.
SGI UV 300H is now SAP-certified under general availability in a clustered scale-out configuration to run SAP BW on SAP HANA or SAP BW/4HANA, using four to sixteen 8-socket nodes and up to 56 Terabytes of in-memory computing capacity. When business lines wish to move to real-time analytics utilizing SAP Business Suite on SAP HANA, SAP Bank Analyzer, SAP S/4HANA Finance, or other SAP S/4HANA applications, the clustered systems can be fully repurposed to form single-node systems with 4 to 32 sockets. By avoiding the need to “rip and replace” multi-node clusters when single-node systems are required, IT organizations can enjoy considerable cost savings by protecting investments and reduce time to solution.
More than 100 single-node SGI UV 300H systems have been installed in organizations worldwide to provide data analytics in real time with SAP HANA and enable business lines to know when, where and how customers are buying without delay; view inventories, supply chains or financials with up-to-the-second accuracy; and spot market changes early and adjust with precision. These SGI systems deliver in total over 800 Terabytes of in-memory computing capacity – reflecting customer capacity growth in excess of 300% over the past twelve months.
- SGI UV 300H is now SAP-certified under general availability in a clustered scale-out configuration to run SAP BW on SAP HANA or SAP BW/4HANA, using four to sixteen 8-socket nodes and up to 56 Terabytes of in-memory computing capacity. Customers can now leverage SGI’s innovative in-memory computing technology in multi-node configurations, and later broadly reconfigure their system investments when moving to real-time applications that require single nodes.
- More than 100 single-node SGI UV 300H systems have been installed in organizations worldwide to provide data analytics in real time with SAP HANA. These SGI systems deliver in total over 800 Terabytes of in-memory computing capacity – reflecting customer capacity growth in excess of 300% over the past twelve months.
- SGI UV 300H is a model of the SGI UV 300 supercomputer and purpose-built for SAP HANA.
- #1 in scale-up capacity for SAP HANA, SGI UV 300H isSAP-certifiedunder general availability as a single-node system with 4 to 20 sockets and 1 to 20 Terabytes of cache-coherent shared memory. Utilizing a modular chassis architecture, the system scales up seamlessly in 4-socket increments.
- SGI UV 300H is SAP-certified under general availability as a multi-node system that scales out from 4 to 16 nodes and, allowing for a minimum of one failover node, with up to 120 sockets and 56 Terabytes of shared memory. Each 8-socket node consists of two chassis that can be re-connected to form single nodes with up to 32 sockets and 32 Terabytes of shared memory.
- Collectively, SGI UV 300H systems have performed with 99.99 percent uptime, with many configured in high-availability and disaster recovery configurations to provide “five 9s” (99.999 percent) application availability.
- Featuring Intel® Xeon® E7 v4 or v3 processors, 7thgeneration SGI NUMAlink technology, and pre-installed with SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server or Red Hat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA, SGI UV 300H can be deployed as a fully pre-configured single-node or multi-node appliance or SAP HANA tailored data center integration.
For more information about SGI UV 300H solutions for SAP HANA, please visit:http://www.sgi.com/saphana.
“For large enterprises that plan to migrate to SAP S/4HANA but wish to begin their journey to SAP HANA with SAP BW, our new SGI cluster offering is unquestionably the optimal solution,” said Jorge Titinger, president and CEO, SGI. “The scalability of the SGI UV 300H architecture coupled with our expertise in mission-critical environments provides an ideal path to real-time business with SAP HANA.”
- @sgi_corp introduces unique scale-out solution for #SAPHANA w/investment protection when moving to real-time analytics #HPDA @SAP @SAPInMemory
- Now, SGI exceeds 800TB Milestone in Total Systems Deployed for SAP HANA #HPDA @SAP @SAPInMemory @sgi_corp #SAPHANA
- SGI UV 300H is now SAP-certified under GA in a clustered scale-out config to run SAP BW/4HANA up to 56TB @SAP @sgi_corp
SGI is a global leader in high-performance solutions for compute, data analytics and data management that enable customers to accelerate time to discovery, innovation and profitability. Visit sgi.com (sgi.com/) for more information.
© 2016 Silicon Graphics International Corp. All rights reserved. SGI, the SGI logo, SGI UV are trademarks or registered trademarks of Silicon Graphics International Corp. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. SAP, SAP HANA, SAP S/4HANA, SAP BW/4HANA, Other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. Seehttp://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epxfor additional trademark information and notices. Intel and Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
SGI also surpasses 800 Terabyte (TB) milestone for total scale-up systems running SAP HANA
Information om Nasdaq OMX
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Nasdaq OMX
Skrive dig op her og du vil løbende modtage pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Nasdaq OMX
Inspiration Mining Corporation20.2.2018 21:37 | pressemeddelelse
Inspiration Mining to File a Complaint with OSC Against Stockwatch
Aurora Solar Technologies Inc.20.2.2018 21:09 | pressemeddelelse
Aurora Releases Third Quarter Results
Bermuda Business Development Agency (BDA)20.2.2018 16:38 | pressemeddelelse
Bermuda Principles event merges science and business
Elite Capital & Co. Limited20.2.2018 15:43 | pressemeddelelse
Elite Capital & Co. awarded Infrastructure Project Finance Provider 2018 by New European Economy
Corel20.2.2018 15:28 | pressemeddelelse
New MindManager 11 for Mac: Visually Capture, Organize, and Share Information to Drive Project and Business Success
Cisco20.2.2018 14:02 | pressemeddelelse
Cisco Leadership In Automation Continues With New Network Automation Portfolio for Service Providers
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum