Russian Direct Investment Fund Statement on Accusations Made by Some US Media
With regards to a series of recent publications in several media the Russian Direct Investment Fund (RDIF) would like to make the following statement:
1. RDIF is of the opinion that it has become a target of an unfair smear campaign in some media based on erroneous and unverified information from anonymous sources, purposeful misinterpretation of the RDIF public statements as well as plain disinformation.
2. It is RDIF’s view that publications by The Daily Beast represent a stark example of such campaign. For instance, The Daily Beast admitted to have falsely attributed direct quotes to a person who later publicly disavowed such attribution. In the opinion of RDIF, this misled readers about various matters relating to RDIF and its CEO Mr. Kirill Dmitriev and tarnished their reputation. The three The Daily Beast reports relating to RDIF contained numerous mistakes, misrepresentations and false statements that were subsequently corrected or withdrawn by The Daily Beast at the behest of RDIF.
3. Defending its reputation against a flow of incorrect information, RDIF corrected more than 100 erroneous and defamatory reports, including through legal action outside Russia. RDIF will continue to protect its rights, including by commencing legal proceedings in any relevant jurisdiction.
4. RDIF believes that the ultimate goal of these reports is to attack and smear those persons who are making an effort to improve relations between Russia and the United States.
5. RDIF firmly believes that restoration of good relations is in the interests of both Russia and the US and calls upon media to use only correct information in their stories and otherwise adhere to the standards of responsible journalism in all of their publications.
Russian Direct Investment Fund
About Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
ALIBABA-GROUP14.11.2019 23:49:10 CET | Press release
Alibaba Group Launches Hong Kong Initial Public Offering
MA-PTC14.11.2019 20:07:03 CET | Press release
ABI Research Names PTC a Leader in Enterprise Augmented Reality Platforms
WORLD-TOLERANCE-SUMMIT14.11.2019 17:30:04 CET | Press release
Nahyan bin Mubarak Inaugurates World Tolerance Summit in Dubai
MA-ABIOMED14.11.2019 16:01:10 CET | Press release
Clinical Review Demonstrates Cost-Effectiveness of Impella in High-Risk PCI and Cardiogenic Shock
UT-VAREX-IMAGING14.11.2019 14:32:08 CET | Press release
Varex to Highlight Advanced Imaging Components at Medica in Dusseldorf
CA-ESRI14.11.2019 14:02:07 CET | Press release
Esri Joins Autodesk University 2019 Conference
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom