Percona Server for MySQL 5.7 Delivers Superior Value, Scalability and Security
Percona's Enterprise-Ready, Completely Open Source, Drop-In Replacement for MySQL 5.7 Includes Features Found Only in MySQL Enterprise
DURHAM, NC--(Marketwired - Feb 23, 2016) - Percona , the company that delivers enterprise-class MySQL® and MongoDB® solutions and services, today announced Percona Server for MySQL 5.7 , the latest version of the company's free, enhanced, drop-in replacement for MySQL. The new version offers all the improvements found in Oracle's MySQL 5.7 Community Edition. Trusted by thousands of organizations to provide better performance and concurrency for their most demanding workloads, Percona has continued its tradition of delivering greater value to MySQL users, with optimized performance, greater scalability and availability, enhanced backups, increased visibility, and a next-generation, write-optimized storage engine, TokuDB, for greater data compression and cost-efficient operation in the cloud.
- Low overhead table, user and index access statistics provide a better understanding of server activity and identify load sources.
- Enhanced Slow Query Logging enables better query performance analysis.
- Query Response Time Distribution provides separate and detailed information on read and write queries by defined time intervals.
Enterprise Performance and Security
- ThreadPool enables scaling to 10,000+ connections per server.
- PAM (Plugin Authentication Modules) Authentication Plugin authenticates MySQL users.
- Audit Plugin enables policy-based monitoring and logging of connection and query activities.
- Backup Locks provide low impact backups.
Percona's Enterprise-Grade Features for Free
- Percona has included its next-generation, write-optimized storage engine, TokuDB -- the only transactional storage engine for MySQL -- for higher data compression and cost-efficient operation in the cloud and for Internet of Things (IoT) applications. Data compression reduces disk space utilization, leading to lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- Percona Server includes advanced, full-enabled external authentication, audit logging, and threadpool scalability, features that are only available in Oracle's commercial MySQL Enterprise Edition.
- Using Percona Server for MySQL 5.7 with Percona XtraBackup enables features unavailable to other MySQL variants. Fast Incremental Backups is a bitmap-based backup that creates incremental backups faster than MySQL Enterprise Backup.
- Percona Server for MySQL 5.7 can be easily integrated with Percona's full suite of products, including Percona XtraDB Cluster, Percona XtraBackup, Percona Toolkit and more.
Continued Optimization and Value for Customers
Percona Server for MySQL 5.7 is based on MySQL 5.7 Community Edition, so it is fully drop-in compatible. Utilizing customer feedback and performance requirements, Percona will continue to tune and enhance Percona Server for MySQL 5.7 to meet their demanding workload needs. Percona's continued alignment and enhancement of Oracle's MySQL product releases enables companies to utilize the power of open source for enterprise deployments at no cost.
, Co-founder and CTO of Percona
"Percona Server for MySQL 5.7 continues to offer the greatest value of any MySQL variant, providing free access to a powerful, enterprise-ready package that includes all the features of MySQL 5.7, along with Percona-only enhancements and many features available only in previous MySQL Enterprise Editions. By combining Percona Server for MySQL 5.7 with Percona's other enhanced and highly trusted software solutions and our industry-leading Support and Consulting services, organizations of all sizes can cost-effectively achieve the robust, reliable, and real-time data infrastructure they need to compete in today's data-driven environment."
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL and MongoDB across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software , Support , Consulting , and Managed Services to some of the largest and most well-known brands on the Internet such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC, as well as to many smaller companies looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Data Performance Blog. The popular Percona Live conferences draw attendees and acclaimed speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com .
Percona®, XtraBackup®, TokuDB® and Fractal Tree® are registered trademarks of Percona LLC or its subsidiaries. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
Information om Marketwired
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Marketwired
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Marketwired
Bombardier Transportation28.5.2018 18:18 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Presents the New TRAXX DC3 Locomotive
Bombardier Transportation15.5.2018 02:51 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier's Real-Time Passenger Load Display Software Solution Launches in Singapore
Bombardier Inc.3.5.2018 22:49 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Announces the Election of its Board of Directors, Pays Tribute to Former CEO and Chairman Laurent Beaudoin
Bombardier Inc.3.5.2018 14:04 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Reports First Quarter 2018 Results, Announces Sale of Downsview Property and plans for new Centre of Excellence for Global Aircraft
Bombardier Inc.2.5.2018 16:22 | pressemeddelelse
REMINDER/Media Advisory: Bombardier to Report its First Quarter 2018 Financial Results and to Hold its Annual Meeting of Shareholders on Thursday, May 3
Bombardier Inc.23.4.2018 22:11 | pressemeddelelse
Media Advisory: Bombardier to Report its First Quarter 2018 Financial Results and to Hold its Annual Meeting of Shareholders on Thursday, May 3
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum