New Oliver Wyman Wealth Management Report: Running Faster to Stand Still
Oliver Wyman released its first report on wealth management in a new initiative that will become an annual series of in-depth reports on the sector. The aim of the report is to provide insight into the outlook for the wealth management industry at a time of sustained interest in the sector among investors and financial institutions.
“The forces that drove performance in wealth management in recent years are changing, and firms will need to take action on costs and develop new ways of engaging with clients to maintain revenues,” says Christian Edelmann, global head of Oliver Wyman’s Wealth and Asset Management practice.
- Assets under management growth is expected to slow from 7 percent per year over the past five years to 5 percent per year until 2020 on the back of lower asset returns. Fees may come under pressure due to higher transparency standards, emerging competitors and the shift to passive products.
- To sustain profitability, the industry will need to redesign the ‘core’ high-net worth service model and digitize parts of the value chain.
- The industry should explore new sources of value creation such as platforms that enable investors to access opportunities such as growth stage financing or direct real estate investments.
- Leaders will need to sharpen their focus on client acquisitions and managing attrition risks, in particular with respect to inter-generational wealth transfers.
- Wealth managers should expand their existing philanthropy offering into full charity operations support, following the trend of professionalisation in charitable giving.
The report, Wealth Management: Running faster to stand still, was co-authored with Deutsche Bank Research.
The report is available for download on the Oliver Wyman website.
About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm's 3,700 professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE:MMC). For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com . Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
BEARINGPOINT14.11.2018 10:22 | pressemeddelelse
Bearingpoint Acquires Inpuls, a Leading Data Specialist in Belgium
GSMA14.11.2018 10:02 | pressemeddelelse
GSMA Announces New Developments for MWC19 Barcelona
EXCLUSIVE-GROUP14.11.2018 09:02 | pressemeddelelse
Exclusive Group and Arcitura Education Team Up for Channel Partners to Profit from Cloud Skills Gap
KENETIC14.11.2018 08:39 | pressemeddelelse
Kenetic Bucks Crypto Market Trend with YTD 77% Returns in Investment Portfolio
SMITHS-DETECTION14.11.2018 08:32 | pressemeddelelse
Smiths Detection State-of-the-Art Checkpoint Lanes Chosen for Israeli Airports
CHINA-HI-TECH-FAIR14.11.2018 07:02 | pressemeddelelse
CHTF 2018 Opens, Gathering Global Enterprises and Entrepreneurs
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum