P&G Releases 2015 Sustainability Report, Detailing Progress against 2020 Environmental and Social Goals
The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE:PG) released its 17th annual sustainability report today, detailing the progress it is making to reduce its environmental footprint and improve social conditions for those in need.
The report reinforces the Company’s commitment to operating sustainably and details the progress against the Company’s long-term vision of producing products that consumers love while maximizing the conservation of resources, powering all its plants with 100% renewable energy, using 100% renewable or recycled materials for all products and packaging and having zero consumer and manufacturing waste go to landfill.
The report highlights P&G’s recent efforts to address climate change, including a new goal to reduce absolute greenhouse gas emissions by 30% by 2020 and two new partnerships with Constellation Energy and EDF RE which will increase the Company’s use of renewable energy. The report also details the Company’s commitment to responsible sourcing of wood fiber and palm oil and the progress being made in this area.
In addition, P&G continues to invest in the community and those in need through its Children’s Safe Drinking Water (CSDW) Program by delivering more than 8 billion liters of clean water to children and families who do not have to clean water (video ). P&G announced it will deliver 15 billion liters by 2020 working in partnership with humanitarian and emergency partners around the world. P&G has also been actively helping those impacted by natural disasters, and this year responded with provision of in kind product and monetary donations to more than 25 disasters globally.
“At P&G, we have a long history of introducing innovations that improve our environmental footprint and the communities where we live and work. Sustainability is integrated into the way we do business, and this report details the progress we have made in conserving resources, protecting the environment and improving social conditions for those who need it most,” said Martin Riant, Group President and P&G Executive Sponsor of Sustainability. “We are making great progress in increasing our use of renewable energy and are partnering with like-minded companies that are focused on innovation and cost effective solutions to address climate change.”
The report details P&G’s work on:
- New Goal; updated our goal to reduce absolute greenhouse gas emissions by 30% by 2020. Since 2010, P&G has reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 4%.
- Transportation ; met our goal of delivering a 20% reduction in truck kilometers per unit of production achieving a nearly 25% reduction since 2010. In addition, within North America, The Company has met our commitment to convert more than 20% of our truckloads to natural gas vehicles by 2016. This represents more than 14 million truck miles using cleaner burning natural gas while at the same time delivering several millions in cost savings.
- Wood Pulp ; met our fiber sourcing goal to have 100% third-party certified virgin fiber in our tissue towel and absorbent hygiene products.
- Water : exceeded water reduction goal for manufacturing by delivering a 21% reduction since 2010.
- Zero Manufacturing Waste to Landfill; over the past three years, P&G has increased the number of zero manufacturing waste to landfill sites from 10% to nearly 50% of its manufacturing sites globally.
- Packaging ; continued our efforts on packaging optimization such as moving Pampers from boxes to bags in most parts of Western Europe. This initiative resulted in more than an 80% reduction in packaging material weight per diaper saving more than 6000 tones of packaging material or the weight of approximately 4000 mid-size cars.
- Social programs : on track to reach our 2020 Children’s Safe Drinking Water goal to provide 15 billion liters of clean drinking water by 2020 and helped improve the lives of an estimated 50 million people particularly through programs that empower women and girls with our brands.
“Sustainability is a responsibility and a business opportunity. Since 2007, we have realized a cost savings of nearly $2 billion through waste and energy savings and have reduced our environmental impact. It is exciting to see the changes we are making in our operations, the benefits created for the business and the progress we are making against our sustainability goals,” said P&G Vice President of Sustainability Len Sauers.
To learn more about P&G’s long-term sustainability vision, goals, and projects or to view the entire report, visit pg.com/sustainability .
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.
To learn more about P&G’s Sustainability Goals click here: P&G Sustainability
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skrive dig op her og du vil løbende modtage pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
CA-ACCORD-GROUP-HOLDINGS18.1.2018 00:40 | pressemeddelelse
Project Bronze: Sale of the Pradera European Retail Fund 2 Portfolio
VA-CTA17.1.2018 22:39 | pressemeddelelse
CES Asia 2018 Call for Speaker Proposals Now Open
IL-STATS17.1.2018 18:06 | pressemeddelelse
STATS Announces Carl Mergele as Chief Executive Officer
INTERSOLAR-EUROPE17.1.2018 16:42 | pressemeddelelse
Intersolar and Power2Drive Europe 2018: Solar Power Generates Mobility
TX-ASCEND-PERFORMANCE17.1.2018 16:24 | pressemeddelelse
Ascend Performance Materials Announces Price Increase for Nylon 6,6 Polymers, Compounds and Fibers
TX-MAVENIR17.1.2018 15:02 | pressemeddelelse
Mavenir Announces Virtualized Media Breakout Controller, Bringing 5G Edge Architectures to Legacy Networks
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum