IFF Named to Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable Companies List for Second Consecutive Year
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., (NYSE: IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF), was recognized on Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable Companies List , an index first launched in February 2018. It joins the ranks of 99 leading U.S. companies, assessed for environmental, social and corporate governance factors.
“I am very pleased that IFF earned a spot on Barron’s list for the second consecutive year,” said Andreas Fibig, IFF Chairman & CEO. “We take our responsibility to consider sustainability in all aspects of business decision-making seriously, and to prioritize the well-being of future generations. Fortunately, our employees are ready and willing to take on this challenge – and this honor reflects both their passion and perseverance.”
In partnership with Calvert Research and Management , a US-based investment advisory firm, Barron’s sustainability list was compiled by analyzing the 1000 largest publicly held US companies by market capitalization. Then, they evaluated hundreds of key performance indicators, which were organized into issues (such as water use, greenhouse gas emissions, business ethics, and product environmental impact and lifecycle) that, in turn, fell into the stakeholder categories of shareholders, employees, customers, planet, and community.
IFF’s EVP, Chief Global Scientific & Sustainability Officer Dr. Gregory Yep said, “I am both proud and humbled to say that sustainability is embedded in everything we do -- but we can always do better. We consider every product we create, every process we use and every decision that we make as an opportunity for continuous improvement.”
Since 2018, the Company:
- Launched new environmental goals focused on emission reductions, zero waste to landfill and water stewardship, known collectively as “EcoEffective+ ”
- Furthered its industry-leading position with 90 natural extracts certified vegan in IFF-LMR’s portfolio
- Strengthened its strategic portfolio with IFF-LMC’s acquisition of sustainable ingredients from Kemin Industries, an ingredient manufacturer committed to improving the quality, safety and efficiency of food and health-related products
- Earned a spot on the Euronext Vigeo World 120 index , an index that recognizes companies for exceptional environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance
- Received recognition on CDP’s A List for Climate Change for the fourth consecutive year and received an “A” for Water Security for the first time, naming IFF as one of the global leaders in environmental responsibility
- Gained the industry-first FairWild certification for Peru Balsam , an ingredient used in perfumery, underscoring the Company’s commitment to conserving natural resources, sustainable harvesting processes and fair working conditions
For more information on sustainability at IFF, visit iff.com/sustain.
# # #
International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (NYSE:IFF) (Euronext Paris: IFF) (TASE: IFF) is a leading innovator of scent, taste, and nutrition, with over 110 manufacturing facilities, 100 R&D centers, and 33,000 customers globally. At the heart of our company, we are fueled by a sense of discovery, constantly asking “what if?”. That passion for exploration drives us to co-create unique products that consumers experience in more than 150,000 unique products sold annually. Our 13,000 team members globally take advantage of leading consumer insights, naturals exploration, research and development, creative expertise, and customer intimacy to develop differentiated offerings for consumer products.
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her, og modtag pressemeddelelser på e-mail. Indtast din e-mail, klik på abonner, og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte e-mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
CA-PERSONALIS,-INC.23.4.2019 17:02:04 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Personalis, Inc. to Present at European NeoAG Summit 2019
KEIO-PLAZA-HOTEL-TOKYO23.4.2019 16:07:11 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Keio Plaza Hotel Tama Opens My Melody, Little Twin Stars Rooms on June 15, 2019 - Sweet Dreams in Our Hello Kitty and Sanrio Character Rooms
PA-PMI/PEARSON-VUE23.4.2019 16:02:10 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Project Management Institute, Inc. (PMI) Delivers Full Suite of Certification Exams in Over 5,000 Locations Through Expanded Testing Agreement with Pearson VUE
CT-AVENTRI23.4.2019 15:02:05 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Aventri Introduces Uber Vouchers to Deliver New Transportation Options
EMF23.4.2019 14:52:04 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
ECBC Debuts in Japan: Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Joins the Council
GEMALTO23.4.2019 14:02:15 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Gemalto Shares Will Be Delisted on 29 May 2019
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter samt finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum