iCareDx Announces Appointment Of Advisory Board
iCareDx, Inc., a biotechnology company focused on blood-based early detection of cancer, today announced the formation of an Advisory Board, comprised of renowned scientists, clinicians and business leaders in the areas of oncology and diagnostics. The Advisory Board’s role will be to provide valuable scientific, clinical and business insights, along with strategic guidance in decision-making, as the Company seeks to advance its blood-based screening tests for early detection of colorectal cancer as well as for early detection in pan-oncology.
“We are honored to welcome such outstanding authorities in their respective areas to our advisory board to support the development of iCareDx's early detection screening technologies,” said Dr. Bernard Peperstraete, the Chief Executive Officer of iCareDx. “In forming the company’s inaugural Advisory Board, we are seeking to further position iCareDx to successfully pursue a highly accurate and cost-effective approach for early cancer detection, and to ultimately help reduce cancer deaths.”
Over the past years, the design of iCareDx's molecular detection technologies was led by Francis Barany, PhD, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at the Weill Cornell Medicine. Dr. Barany is a prolific inventor with 52 issued US patents, which are foundational inventions in molecular diagnostics and next generation sequencing, and include the ligase chain reaction (LCR), the ligase detection reaction (LDR), and the Universal DNA array. “We have assembled this team of thought leaders to guide our efforts in advancing our platform for blood-based early cancer detection,” said Dr. Francis Barany. “Our scalable, low-cost cancer detection platforms are designed to vastly improve cancer care, ultimately throughout the world.”
Composition of iCareDx's Advisory Board:
- Mr. Haywood Cochrane . Previously, CEO at CHD Meridian Corp (now part of Walgreens), at Allied Clinical Labs and at Take Care Employer Solutions; EVP, CFO and Treasurer at LabCorp, COO at Biomedical Reference Labs, SVP North-America Diagnostics and COO at Roche Biomedical labs; Director at Tripath Imaging, American Esoteric Labs, Sonus Corp., Ameripath, Unilab Corp.
- Dr. Paolo Fortina . Professor of Cancer Biology and Medical Oncology at the Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Director of the NCI-designated Cancer Genomics Laboratory at the Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University.
- Dr. David Gelfand . Previously, Vice President, Discovery Research Division and Director for the Program in Core Research at Roche Molecular Systems, CSO of WaferGen BioSystems, and a consultant at the Centre National de Génotypage in France, inventor of the real-time PCR (“TaqMan”) technology and many thermostable DNA Polymerases and Reverse Transcriptases.
- Dr. Larry J. Kricka . Professor of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania Director of the General Chemistry and Endocrinology Laboratory at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Dr. Christopher Mason. Associate Professor Computational Genomics at Weill Cornell Medicine, with appointments at Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute for Computational Biomedicine, Meyer Cancer Center, Feil Family Brain and Mind Research Institute. WorldQuant Foundation Research Scholar. Affiliate Fellow of Genomics, Ethics, and Law, ISP, Yale Law School.
- Dr. Kenneth Offit . Chief of Clinical Genetics Service at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Member of the Program in Cancer Biology and Genetics at the Sloan-Kettering Institute, Professor of Medicine and Public Health at the Weill Cornell Medicine.
- Dr. Mark Pochapin . Sholtz/Leeds Professor, Director of Gastroenterology, Professor of Medicine at NYU Langone Medical Center. Advanced gastrointestinal endoscopy, and the prevention, early detection, and treatment of gastrointestinal cancers.
About iCareDx Inc.
iCareDx is a biotechnology company focused on developing technologies for blood-based early detection of cancer. iCareDx's technology allows for highly accurate screening of blood to detect cancer markers at the early cancer stages, before the cancer becomes untreatable. Backed by a highly experienced team, it is iCareDx’s mission to contribute to the global battle against cancer by detecting and attacking cancer through high-precision, early detection.
Chief Executive Officer
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her, og modtag pressemeddelelser på e-mail. Indtast din e-mail, klik på abonner, og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte e-mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
TAKEDA18.12.2018 23:36 | Pressemeddelelse
Takeda Announces Listing of American Depositary Shares on the New York Stock Exchange
SESTEK18.12.2018 20:02 | Pressemeddelelse
Sestek Speech Analytics Scores the Highest Overall Vendor Satisfaction Mark from Customers in DMG Consulting Survey
NY-BCW18.12.2018 19:33 | Pressemeddelelse
Brand Marketing and Social Purpose Veteran Larry Koffler Joins BCW
SKITUDE18.12.2018 17:00 | Pressemeddelelse
Skitude Premium Launches, Offering Personalised 3D Mapping, 3D Tracks, Advanced Statistics, Speed Heat Maps and Apple Watch Compatibility
NY-PSB18.12.2018 15:17 | Pressemeddelelse
PSB Names Mike Chuter Chief Executive Officer
KEIO-PLAZA-HOTEL-TOKYO18.12.2018 15:07 | Pressemeddelelse
The Keio Plaza Hotel Tama Creates New “Hello Kitty” Photographic Spot and Sanrio Characters Themed Rooms －“My Melody” and “Little Twin Stars”
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter samt finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum