Nominum Extensible DNS Enables 'Subscriber-First' Service Models and Accelerates Digital Transformation for Global Telecom Operators
Enhanced Subscriber Visibility and Control, Coupled With Stronger Cyber Protection and Simplified Campaign Management, Increases Personalization Capabilities and Drives Greater Customer Value
LIVERPOOL, UNITED KINGDOM and REDWOOD CITY, CA --(Marketwired - June 28, 2016) - WBA WIRELESS GLOBAL CONGRESS - Nominum Â® , the DNS innovation leader and first to market with an extensible DNS platform that accelerates service provider digital transformation, announced today new capabilities for communication service providers (CSPs) to deploy 'subscriber-first' services that personalize the online experience-quickly, and with minimal investment in new technology.
Stronger consumer security protection, intelligent policy management and flexible parental controls all contribute to the delivery of more personalized services, prioritizing subscriber needs and preferences. Enhanced subscriber messaging and campaign management capabilities allow customer-facing departments to offer new services without burdening IT, enabling them to communicate the availability of new offers to customers more effectively. This subscriber-first strategy, combined with expedited delivery of personalized services, is essential to scale the digital transformation curve, according to industry experts.
"Digital transformation is essential not only to achieve greater efficiency and reduce operating expenditures but also to enhance customer value and deliver seamless fixed, mobile and Wi-Fi services," said Sue Rudd, director, service provider analysis at Strategy Analytics. "As CSPs move into the digital realm, they can now leverage both the telco cloud and IP network capabilities to increase interaction with customers, deliver greater personal control and security to subscribers and create analytics that proactively trigger new services and customer options across all transport networks. To speed time to market and deliver new service functionality, platforms like DNS have evolved from embedded IP network utility functions to the delivery of high-performance services that increase ARPU and strengthen subscriber loyalty for all CSPs," she said.
"Service providers around the globe are benefiting from Nominum N2 applications," said Brian Metzger, vice president of global marketing for Nominum. "From increased subscriber cybersecurity protection that helps minimize call center activity, to parental control options that enable customers to uniquely manage online activities for each household member, to effective in-browser messaging that drives much higher response rates and activation of new services, CSPs are growing revenue, inspiring stronger subscriber loyalty and improving their bottom line -- all while minimizing IT investment. With our DNS-powered solutions, going digital just got easier."
The benefits of personalization capabilities found in the Nominum N2 platform and application suite are substantiated by several service provider case studies:
- A European broadband provider was seeking a solution to alert subscribers who were nearing their data usage cap to present them with an offer to upgrade -- saving customers money by preventing overage charges. Using Nominum N2 Reach, the provider sent targeted messages to subscribers in this category; 40% of the subscribers who received the offer purchased the service upgrade. This approach to subscriber messaging increased the provider's revenue by $400K -- and more importantly, gave subscribers peace of mind knowing that their provider was helping them save money over the long-term.
- A converged network provider in Australia experienced a rise in cyberattacks. Knowing the impact of such attacks on call center volume and subscriber churn, the provider wanted to offer its subscribers added security protection. Using Nominum N2 Engage Subscriber Safety and Personal Internet, this provider offered a feature-rich, cloud-based security service to its subscribers, packaged as a premium offer. The provider achieved its 12-month adoption goal in just three months and saw a net positive impact to its bottom line. Yet, the biggest gain was in brand perception as the provider responded to market needs with a subscriber-first model.
- A leading Latin American provider was impacted by malicious DNS amplification attacks, resulting in millions of DNS requests that generated responses in excess of 4,000 bytes per query. This massive spike in volume saturated its network and slowed down performance, leading to a bombardment of support calls. By implementing Nominum N2 ThreatAvert, the provider was able to virtually eliminate the attacks and restore optimal service levels for subscribers. As a result, this provider saved over $3.8M and was responsive and agile in maintaining the digital lifestyle of subscribers.
Several new features in the Nominum N2 application suite result in faster time to market of new services and reduced IT support to deploy subscriber-first offers. N2 is backed by Nominum's team of expert data scientists, who process and analyze over 100 billion DNS transactions every day and bring a set of skills and knowledge to the company that is unmatched in the industry.
Nominum N2 Engage Subscriber Safety allows CSPs to deploy compelling subscriber-facing protection for a range of online threats, while shortening time to market and reducing deployment costs. New capabilities include:
- Subscriber-accessible Reporting -- a premium capability that is easily turned on and off by subscribers through their personal dashboard. When enabled, the reporting sections show internet usage trends, blocked events and infected devices, along with the most visited and top blocked sites.
- Subscriber Services Manager -- a new component enables CSPs to integrate the N2 Engage application suite into their existing subscriber portals more efficiently, expediting time to market for N2 Engage-based services at a lower implementation cost.
Nominum N2 Reach gives service providers powerful subscriber communication capabilities and empowers employees across different customer-facing business units to create and manage compelling in-browser messaging campaigns without burdening IT. New capabilities include:
- Improved Campaign Targeting -- marketing and other organizations that utilize N2 Reach to target specific subscriber sets no longer need to overload valuable IT resources. N2 Reach integrates with a CSP's CRM system and allows users to target subscribers based on one or more matching attributes that are dynamically added or removed from published campaigns as the attributes change. Users are also able to target or exclude specific domains from campaign delivery, and there is no limit to the number of subscribers that are targeted for a single campaign.
- Subscriber Management -- offers subscribers more control over the types of messages they allow by enabling them to opt in and out of individual campaign categories. Users have the ability to configure template links so that a subscriber click triggers a secondary action to opt in or out of an additional campaign category, and allows customer service representatives to immediately remove a subscriber from one or more active campaigns when requested.
- Recurring Campaign Improvements -- allows for the creation of recurring campaigns such as bill payment or bandwidth utilization alerts, and enables subscribers to temporarily remove themselves from a campaign without disabling the policy permanently. N2 Reach also includes a "recurring campaign" template to deliver the same campaign to the same subscriber across several cycles, along with more accurate reporting that offers month-over-month analysis and a streamlined user interface.
NominumÂ® is the world's DNS innovation leader and the first company to create an integrated suite of DNS-based, subscriber-centric applications to digitally transform service providers and personalize the online subscriber experience.
Nominum N2â¢ solutions leverage the company's market-leading Vantioâ¢ DNS software and expert team of data scientists to forge a clear path for service providers to move beyond a network-centric approach to a value proposition that is subscriber-centric and highly differentiated. N2 provides an extensible network services framework that synchronizes digital capabilities with people, processes and systems across the organization to deliver personalized solutions that enhance subscriber value and brand loyalty, fuel revenue growth and bolster competitive advantage.
Nominum is a global software company headquartered in Silicon Valley. More than 100 service providers in over 40 countries trust Nominum to enable a safer, more personalized internet experience and promote greater value to subscribers. Nominum DNS software resolves 1.6 trillion queries around the globe each day -- roughly 100 times more transactions than the combined daily volume of tweets, likes, and searches taking place on major web properties. For more information, please visit nominum.com .
Information om Marketwired
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Marketwired
Skrive dig op her og du vil løbende modtage pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Marketwired
Bombardier Transportation14.12.2017 16:23 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Wins Operations and Maintenance Contract for INNOVIA Automated People Mover System at Denver International Airport
Cisco14.12.2017 14:01 | pressemeddelelse
Cisco Releases Security Connector App for iOS
Bombardier Inc.14.12.2017 13:47 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Announces 2018 Guidance, Targeting Revenue Growth, Continued Earnings Improvement and FCF Breakeven
Bombardier Transportation14.12.2017 13:15 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Wins Rolling Stock and Maintenance Contracts for c2c Franchise in the UK
Nordea Bank AB (publ)14.12.2017 09:44 | pressemeddelelse
Nordea publishes commentary on re-domiciliation process
Nordea Bank AB (publ)14.12.2017 09:43 | pressemeddelelse
Nordea publishes commentary on re-domiciliation process
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum