New Astralis Visa Card and digital bank to launch today
Nordic challenger bank Lunar and Danish esports giants Astralis break the barriers of digital banking. As of today Lunar users can get an exclusive Astralis debit card in black metal, get closer to the players and the team, access to parts of the playbook and to exclusive content. Ahead of the official launch more than 6,100 have signed up for waiting list. The idea: For younger people to get more involved with their bank and finances through exclusive content from one of the world’s leading esports teams.
Lunar goes beyond banking and from today esports team Astralis will have their own Visa debit card and content universe in the Lunar banking app. Lunar wants to engage even more with the fast growing esports community and make the banking experience an integrated part of the daily lives of the users.
In Denmark alone, more than 6,100 already signed up, ready to get the new Astralis card and exclusive content from the team including tutorials, discounts on merchandise and “Ask Me Anything” sessions in the app.
Ken Villum Klausen, founder and CEO of Lunar said:
- Gaming has become an integral part of everyday life in the younger generations and during covid-19 we have seen an even bigger growth in the number of gamers and fans that interact with esports on a daily basis. We are still surprised, though, to see so many on the waiting list for the Astralis card and app and we truly believe we have built an unique content engine to engage with our users on a different level.
- Both in Scandinavia and globally Astralis is a very strong brand when it comes to building a winning team, healthy culture and fan base, and that is the perfect starting point in fusing banking and entertainment and unlike anything ever seen before. We give the users a new reason to get even closer with their bank and finances, sais Ken Villum Klausen.
Jakob Lund Kristensen, founder and CCO of Astralis Group said:
- Esports and Astralis appeal to a growing, global audience, and we have experienced a significant surge in both viewers but also in the engagement level from fans. They want deeper involvement and appreciation, and the cooperation with Lunar gives us resources to invest even in just that.
- We have found a common ground with Lunar to cater for those needs. It really is a completely new way to bridge entertainment and banking and we will give our fans even more relevant content in the future. It is solid proof of the potential in innovative partnerships that we already have a waitlist of more than 6,100 fans in Denmark alone, even before the card and app has been fully released.
- This is for the Danish market, but ultimately the model is something we can scale internationally, says Jakob Lund Kristensen.
In the Lunar app the users get access to an unique Astralis Academy and can get coaching, mental training, merchandise and tips and tricks to improve their own game.
Astralis Group is a publicly listed esports media company who owns and operates three globally leading team brands including all media and commercial rights: Origen (League of Legends), Future FC (FIFA) and Astralis (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive).
Lunar is a modern Nordic bank established in 2015 in Denmark and today Lunar has more than 200,000 users in the Nordics, offices in Aarhus, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo and +200 employees.
Steen LaursenDirector of CommsTel:+firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to releases from Astralis
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Astralis by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Astralis
Ny CMO: Astralis Group henter Samantha Yu hos Refinery29/VICE Media Group14.1.2021 10:00:50 CET | Pressemeddelelse
Astralis Group fortsætter oprustningen på den kommercielle front og efter sidste uges offentliggørelse af en ny kommerciel direktør, kan selskabet nu fortælle at man også styrker organisationen med en ny, stærk international profil i rollen som CMO. 29-årige Samantha Yu skifter 1. februar tilværelsen som Vice President, Brand & Integrated Marketing i VICE Media Groups Refinery29 ud med sin nye rolle hos den danske esportsorganisation, hvor hun sammen med den øvrige ledelse skal forberede et år med forventet vækst i forretning og organisation.
Astralis Group hires Samantha Yu as new CMO14.1.2021 10:00:30 CET | Press release
Astralis Group continues to expand its organization and can today announce that from February 1st, Samantha Yu will be joining the publicly listed esports company in a new role as Chief Marketing Officer.
Astralis Group brings in new Commercial Director6.1.2021 09:21:20 CET | Press release
Astralis Group, the company behind some of the most well-known esports teams in Counter-Strike, FIFA and League of Legends, moves to strengthen the organization by adding a strong, experienced Commercial Director, brought in from the National Danish Football Association.
Astralis and Logitech G extend and expand partnership18.12.2020 09:00:35 CET | Press release
Astralis Group and Logitech G have just announced a new, significant commercial partnership which solidifies the common long-term ambitions of the two companies. Astralis Group and Logitech G have extended their cooperation for another three years. The international esports powerhouse and one of the world’s leading gaming technology companies have extended their agreement to include co-branding rights, as well as gear and equipment for the Astralis teams and facilities, existing and new. In addition to the Logitech G PRO mice and keyboards, which Astralis has been using for the last 2 years in all competition, they will also have access to the Logitech G PRO gaming headset lineup.
Astralis og Logitech G forlænger og udvider samarbejdet18.12.2020 09:00:17 CET | Pressemeddelelse
Astralis Group og Logitech G forlænger og udvider den eksisterende partner-aftale med yderligere tre år og dermed cementerer selskaberne de fælles, langsigtede målsætninger. Den nye aftale mellem de danske esportsgiganter og et af verdens førende gaming-teknologi selskaber inkluderer co-branding rettigheder og udstyr til Astralis Groups eksisterende og kommende faciliteter.
Næste generation klar: Astralis’ talenter står på spring16.12.2020 10:31:51 CET | Pressemeddelelse
I midt november annoncerede Astralis Group en strategisk investering i talentudvikling under navnet Astralis Talent. Baseret på en sund, balanceret, professionel tilgang til præstationsoptimering er Astralis Talent udviklet for at skabe en stærk intern rekrutteringsplatform og sparringspartner for A-holdene, samt at styrke udviklingen af unge talenter i Counter-Strike og League of Legends. I dag kan Astralis Talent så offentliggøre de to første talent-trupper, som allerede fra januar vil deltage i danske, regionale og stærke internationale talent-turneringer.
The next generation of Astralis talents announced16.12.2020 10:30:57 CET | Press release
In mid-November, Astralis Group announced a strategic investment in Astralis Talent. Founded on a healthy, balanced, and professional approach for performance optimization, Astralis Talent is developed to create an internal recruitment platform and sparring for the Counter-Strike and League of Legends A-teams and to ultimately form new top players. Today, Astralis Talent can reveal the two first talent rosters. Starting January, the teams will participate in relevant Danish, regional, and international tournaments.
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom