McMurdo Sets New Aviation Industry Standard with 10-Year Warranty on Kannad Integra Emergency Locator Transmitters
AERO Friedrichshafen, Booth A5-101 –- McMurdo, the most trusted name in emergency readiness and response, today announced a new 10-year standard warranty on its Kannad Integra Emergency Locator Transmitters (ELTs). The new warranty period, which replaces the previous 2-year warranty, is a major reliability milestone in the aviation industry and helps airlines and aircraft manufacturers optimize and control costs long-term.
“The 10-year warranty we are announcing today demonstrates McMurdo’s confidence in the quality of our products and sets a new standard in the aviation industry. It reinforces Kannad Integra as the world’s most innovative and most reliable ELT,” said Remi Julien, McMurdo President. “Aviation customers around the globe, whether commercial aircraft manufacturers, helicopter operators, airlines, or general aviation pilots, can trust McMurdo to continually build and deliver solutions that will help make the skies safer, more cost-effective and more reliable today and in the years to come.”
Traditional ELTs rely on an aircraft’s external antenna and GPS equipment, which is subject to failure in the event of an emergency. The Kannad Integra ELT, however, through its built-in internal antenna and embedded GPS receiver, can operate independently of the aircraft to provide key positioning data for better location accuracy and a higher chance of rescue.
- The new 10-year warranty will apply to all Kannad Integra ELTs purchased through McMurdo authorized suppliers including retailers, dealers and distributors, on or after April 20, 2016. ELTs purchased before this date, but within the last two years, will have their warranty extended for additional 2 years. To qualify for the 10-year or 2-year additional warranty, owners must register their Integra ELTs and agree to the terms and conditions on http://www.mcmurdogroup.com/kannad-integra-elt-warranty-registration/ .
- Nearly 60,000 McMurdo ELTs are used in over 100 aircraft and 150 airlines today making it one of the largest providers of aviation beacons in the world. McMurdo recently announced several Kannad Integra installations on Embraer’s EJets 2, on Southwest Airlines’ Boeing 737 fleet and on Chinese aircraft manufacturer AVIC’s AC312 helicopters and Y12 aircraft .
- McMurdo was recently chosen by the European Commission to lead the development of next-generation aviation ELTs under the Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Program’s 3-year €3.5M HELIOS project . As project coordinator, McMurdo will lead a consortium of well-established, proven European companies and industry experts including Airbus, Air France, France’s government space agency CNES, Cobham Aerospace Communications and other companies with expertise in aircraft manufacturing, protective clothing design, aerospace and satellite communications, distress beacon development and search and rescue operations.
- McMurdo is also actively involved in the definition and development of the emerging Global Aeronautical Distress and Safety System (GADSS) initiative led by the International Civil Aviation Organization to further improve airline safety.
- For more information about Kannad Integra and McMurdo’s Emergency Readiness and Response ecosystem solutions, please visit the Kannad Integra Resource page at http://info.mcmurdogroup.com/Integra-Resource-Page.html or the McMurdo website at www.mcmurdogroup.com .
McMurdo is a global leader in emergency readiness and response including search and rescue and maritime domain awareness solutions. At the core of these solutions are resilient positioning, navigation and tracking products, technologies and applications that have helped to save 40,000 lives since 1982. A division of Orolia, McMurdo brings together nearly 150 combined years of experience by consolidating proven Boatracs, Kannad, McMurdo, SARBE and Techno-Sciences, Inc. brands into the industry’s first end-to-end emergency readiness and response ecosystem (distress beacons, satellite connectivity infrastructure, monitoring/positioning software and emergency response management solutions). Airbus, Boeing, the British Royal Navy, the U.S. Coast Guard, NASA and others are among the hundreds of aviation, fishing, and government, marine and military customers around the world that trust McMurdo to prevent emergencies, protect assets and save lives. Established in January 2014, McMurdo has offices in France (Guidel and Sophia Antipolis), the UK (Portsmouth) and the U.S. (San Diego and Washington DC).
General Press Inquiries
Randel Maestre, +1 858 837 9122
Chief Marketing Officer
Aviation/Military PR Agency
Mary Ann Griffiths, +44 (0)7887 787935
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
VA-CTA18.3.2018 21:02 | pressemeddelelse
Global Powerhouses Coming to CES Asia 2018: Alibaba A.I. Labs, BYTON, FAW Hongqi, Guangzhou Automobile Group, iQIYI, KIA, Leapmotor, LG Electronics, Mitsubishi Electric Automotive, Singulato, Skyworth and TCL
DELTICOM/YOURTYRES.CO.UK16.3.2018 15:13 | pressemeddelelse
Summer Business with Yourtyres.co.uk: New Shop Feature and High-Performance Tyre Models
NJ-SAMSUNG-ELECTRONICS16.3.2018 13:02 | pressemeddelelse
Available Now: The Smartphone Made for the Way We Communicate Today, the Galaxy S9 and S9+
CONQUEST-GROUP16.3.2018 10:02 | pressemeddelelse
CONQUEST Group Announced the Expansion of its Asset Management Business with the Appointment of Philippe Taillardat to the Role of Director
ACCELSTOR16.3.2018 10:02 | pressemeddelelse
AccelStor All-Flash Solutions Unlock Data Possibilities for AI and Cloud
PA-WESTINGHOUSE-ELECTRIC16.3.2018 09:47 | pressemeddelelse
Westinghouse Completes First Major Decommissioning Work at a Nordic Commercial Nuclear Reactor
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum