The 31st National High School Manga Championship (Manga Koshien)
What is Manga Koshien?
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220408005170/en/
It is a competition where teams of high school students compete on manga creations. This competition started in 1992 and celebrated its 30th anniversary last year. Since 2014, schools from overseas also started entering the competition, and we are seeing approximately 300 schools participating each year from Japan and abroad.
Teams of three to five students each work together to draw a one-page manga in accordance with a specified theme for the preliminaries. Those who manage to pass the preliminaries gather in Kochi during summer for the main round.
Teams in the main round (semifinals, revival round, finals) stand a chance to win the grand prize and other awards. This means prize money, drawing materials, and more! In addition, during the main round, talented students may even be scouted by major manga publishers and perhaps debut as professionals!
1. Preliminary Round Theme
- Space debris (Uchuu Gomi)
- ∞ Infinity (Mugen)
Draw and submit a one-page manga of either one of these themes.
Manga Koshien Website: https://mangaoukoku-tosa.jp/manga-koshien31/
- Japan and overseas senior high school students or similar (approximately 15 to 18 years of age)
- Only one team per school is allowed to participate.
3. Guidelines for the Preliminary Round Entries
- Entries should be submitted online at https://mangaoukoku-tosa.jp/manga-koshien31/
- The manga must be of B4 size (257mm x 364mm, in any orientation).
- The manga must be produced jointly by all students registered in the application form.
(1) Preliminary Round (Online)
- Deadline: Tuesday, May 31st, 2022, 24:00 (JST)
- Judging: Tuesday, June 14th, 2022
- Chosen schools: 33 schools (30 from Japan, 3 from overseas)
(2) Main Round (Kochi Prefecture, Japan)
- Participants: 33 schools that passed the preliminary round
- Date: Saturday, 30th, and Sunday, 31st, July 2022
- Venue: Kochi Jibasan Center
- Participation fee: JPY 30,000 (per person)
*The participation fee will cover the participants’ air ticket, accommodation, etc.
*Travel arrangements will be made by the event organizer
5. Main Round Judges
- All 6 Preliminary Round Judges
Fujimaki Tadatoshi (Famous works: Kuroko no Basuke, Robot x Laserbeam)
Yukimoto Shuuji (Famous works: Kemo Life, Shark Girl)
*For more details, please refer to the Implementation Outline at the following
About Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
HCL-GROUP20.5.2022 18:01:11 CEST | Press release
HCL and UNLEASH Partner to Develop Solutions for Aquatic Ecosystem Conservation
PPG20.5.2022 14:02:12 CEST | Press release
PPG Showcases Innovations in Paints, Coatings, Specialty Materials That Enhance Sustainability, Efficiency, Mobility
ECOPIA-AI20.5.2022 13:02:05 CEST | Press release
Ecopia AI Partners with Snap Inc. Subsidiary to Pilot 3D Map Content Integration
B2BROKER20.5.2022 10:02:08 CEST | Press release
B2Broker Announced Annual Payments for B2Core, MarksMan, and B2Trader Products
PREVENTIVE-HEALTHCARE20.5.2022 06:02:13 CEST | Press release
Harm Reduction Policies Key to Improve Europeans’ Health
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom