Iron Mountain Data Centers Expands EMEA Footprint
Iron Mountain (NYSE: IRM), the global leader in innovative storage, data center infrastructure, asset lifecycle management and information management services, has expanded their data center footprint through the acquisition of XData Properties, one of the largest data center parks in Madrid. The property has enough power secured to eventually develop 79 megawatts in the coming years. In addition to the existing three megawatt data center on site, the first 20 megawatt data center is planned with a 2024 completion date.
“The acquisition of XData enables us to meet the growing demand for connected, compliant and sustainable data center services across Europe and we are thrilled to be expanding our EMEA footprint,” said Eric Boonstra, Vice President and General Manager of Iron Mountain Data Centers EMEA. “Madrid is emerging as a strategic and growing market, and this campus enables us to welcome both enterprise and hyperscale customers.”
Madrid is a strategic and rapidly growing market with high demand across segments due to the direct access to the Madrid-Barcelona fiber optic route, the largest fiber highway in the Iberian Peninsula. This acquisition enables Iron Mountain Data Centers to support a robust ecosystem where cloud, network, service providers and consumers can seamlessly connect with each other.
“This acquisition supports our strategy and commitment to selectively expand into emerging data center markets in order to meet our customers' critical demand needs,” stated Mark Kidd, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Data Centers at Iron Mountain. “We are also pleased that Spain is quickly becoming one of Europe’s leaders in renewable energy generation, which we will leverage to support our and our customers’ sustainability goals.”
HIGHLIGHTS / KEY FACTS
- Iron Mountain Data Center’s campus is one of Madrid’s largest data center parks and is in close proximity to major internet exchanges. The region has a high demand for hyperscale cloud requirements with numerous entities announcing plans to develop a Spanish cloud region. The newly acquired campus is centrally located within hyperscale availability zones and is in an ideal position for built-to-suit deployments.
- The data center campus is located in San Fernando (“Corredor del Henares”), an emerging industrial area in close proximity to main communication networks (A2, M-50) for the city of Madrid resulting in reduced latency. A 10 minute drive from Barajas Airport, the campus is connected by public transport to downtown Madrid.
- As the capital of Spain and a key city in Europe, Madrid is forecasted to become one of the largest European data center markets.
- The Madrid Data Center will provide both local Spanish and global operating businesses with the interconnected infrastructure they require backed by Iron Mountain Data Center’s industry leading compliance and sustainability programs.
- Spain is quickly emerging as one of Europe’s leaders in renewable energy generation, supporting our and our customers’ sustainability goals.
With this acquisition, Iron Mountain Data Centers global footprint now has 20+ sites across 19 markets in 3 continents.
About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) is a global leader in innovative storage, data center infrastructure, asset lifecycle management and information management services. Founded in 1951 and trusted by more than 225,000 customers worldwide, Iron Mountain helps customers CLIMB HIGHER™ to transform their businesses. Through a range of services including digital transformation, data centers, secure records storage, information management, asset lifecycle management, secure destruction, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps businesses bring light to their dark data, enabling customers to unlock value and intelligence from their stored digital and physical assets at speed and with security, while helping them meet their environmental goals. To learn more about Iron Mountain, please visit: www.IronMountain.com and follow @IronMountain on Twitter and LinkedIn.
To view this piece of content from cts.businesswire.com, please give your consent at the top of this page.
About Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
ABS/BCG8.12.2022 01:01:36 CET | Press release
BCG and ABS Combine Expertise to Support Marine and Offshore Decarbonization
AZ-SION-POWER7.12.2022 19:42:35 CET | Press release
Sion Power Announces Plans to Expand Battery Manufacturing Operations in Tucson, Arizona
ESF-SEAFOOD7.12.2022 18:01:36 CET | Press release
ESF Seafood Transforms Shrimp Processing With Industry Leading Renewable Energy Conversion
CA-I2C7.12.2022 17:16:36 CET | Press release
i2c powers QNB Group’s digital issuance for the Visa FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ prepaid card
GLOBAL-SAVINGS-GROUP7.12.2022 16:40:39 CET | Press release
Global Savings Group and Pepper.com Are Joining Forces
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom