EDB 14 Supercharges PostgreSQL for Mission-critical Applications
EDB , an open source innovator and the leading contributor to PostgreSQL®, announced today the worldwide immediate availability of EDB 14, its premiere PostgreSQL platform. EDB® 14 adds critical enterprise capabilities, including extreme high availability and multi-master replication, which are necessary for running today’s mission-critical applications, whether high-speed transactional systems in financial services or geo-distributed analytical systems in retail. Further improvements to EDB’s powerful Oracle database compatibility technology enable even smoother migration, which is essential for the growing number of organizations moving to the cloud.
“Postgres is the fastest growing database platform worldwide with rapid adoption by developers and enterprises," Marc Linster, CTO, EDB. "With EDB 14, we've pushed Postgres even further to support our customers’ most demanding workloads and help them migrate faster at a lower total cost of ownership. This release offers even more incentive for businesses to move away from traditional databases and get onto Postgres now, or get more from it if they’re already there."
EDB 14 highlights
With the largest team of PostgreSQL engineers of any other software vendor, EDB continues to strengthen PostgreSQL to help enterprises do more and go faster. Highlights include:
- Extreme high availability : Postgres-BDR®, a component of the EDB 14 release, allows customers to run PostgreSQL with 99.999% availability through its innovative multi-master replication capability, a feature no other PostgreSQL database offers. Multi-master replication allows customers to operate their PostgreSQL databases in “Always On” architectures with zero downtime updates and upgrades, which is critical for keeping their databases running optimally and securely.
- Enhanced Oracle database compatibility : EDB Postgres Advanced ServerTM adds features that further improve compatibility with Oracle database technology. This capability is vital for customers looking to move applications or data from Oracle database to PostgreSQL and benefit from its superior usability and reduced operational and licensing costs.
- Improved DevOps for PostgreSQL : EDB’s Cloud Native PostgreSQL, another component of EDB 14, helps Kubernetes users take full advantage of PostgreSQL as their database of choice. This latest version of Cloud Native PostgreSQL provides connection pooling to enable workloads with many concurrent connections to run in Kubernetes, supporting applications with even higher user demands than before.
- Deployment flexibility : PostgreSQL customers can deploy EDB 14 in any manner, including using EDB’s BigAnimalTM , the first fully managed PostgreSQL database in the cloud with compatibility for Oracle database technology, or self-manage their database on premises.
- Choice of PostgreSQL distributions : The EDB 14 platform has been tested with PostgreSQL 14 and EDB Postgres Advanced Server 14, enabling customers to choose between PostgreSQL distributions and tools, including open source, EDB, or a combination.
PostgreSQL is increasingly the database of choice for organizations looking to boost innovation and accelerate business. EDB’s enterprise-class software extends PostgreSQL, helping our customers get the most out of it both on premises and in the cloud. And our 24x7 global support, professional services, and training help our customers control risk, manage costs, and scale efficiently. With 16 offices worldwide, EDB serves over 5,000 customers, including leading financial services, government, media and communications, and information technology organizations. To learn about PostgreSQL for people, teams, and enterprises, visit EDBpostgres.com .
EnterpriseDB, EDB and Postgres Enterprise Manager are registered trademarks of EnterpriseDB Corporation. EDB Postgres is a trademark of EnterpriseDB Corporation.
Postgres, PostgreSQL, and the Slonik Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of the PostgreSQL Community Association of Canada, and used with their permission.
Oracle, Java, and MySQL are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
TECKRO5.8.2022 15:06:04 CEST | Press release
Teckro Partners with Reforestation Non-profit “One Tree Planted”
MA-SES-AI-CORPORATION5.8.2022 13:47:04 CEST | Press release
SES to Participate in Upcoming Investor Conferences
IPSEN5.8.2022 07:02:10 CEST | Press release
Ipsen Extends Expiration Date of Tender Offer for Epizyme, Inc. to 11 August 2022
KIRIN-HOLDINGS5.8.2022 04:02:10 CEST | Press release
Kirin Holdings’ Long-term GHG Reduction Target Was Approved by the Science Based Targets*1 Initiative Based on Science-based Net-zero Targets
INNIO/B.GRIMM-POWER4.8.2022 16:02:09 CEST | Press release
INNIO Announces Future Collaboration With B.Grimm Power to Explore New Thailand Power Plant Projects
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom