LEO Pharma and Veeva Systems Partner for Patient-centric Digital Trials
Connected solution aims to deliver faster trials and a better patient experience BALLERUP, DENMARK and PLEASANTON, CA — Sept. 29, 2021 — LEO Pharma, a global leader in medical dermatology, and Veeva Systems (NYSE: VEEV) today announced a strategic technology partnership to enable scalable digital trials that are patient-centric and paperless.
Building on its success with the Veeva Clinical Operations Suite, LEO Pharma will complete its standardization on existing Veeva clinical technology, be an early adopter of future Veeva solutions, and help to shape the Veeva digital trials roadmap. By adopting technology and optimized business processes, LEO Pharma plans to achieve the following while maintaining the highest standards of data accuracy, regulatory compliance, and patient safety:
- Significantly improved patient experience
- Increased patient diversity through decentralized trials
- Higher accuracy in clinical data
- 25% reduction in clinical trial cost
- 25% reduction in clinical trial time
LEO Pharma will utilize the integrated suite of Veeva clinical products, including eTMF, CTMS, CDMS, Site Connect, eConsent, ePRO, Virtual Visits, and eSource.
“We’ve been exploring ways to transform clinical trials, but COVID-19 sped up this process. By promptly responding to changing market dynamics, we kept our trials going without delay. Partnering with Veeva supports our 2030 strategy as it will help us to bring innovative treatments to patients faster while also supporting a more sustainable business,” said Jörg Möller, executive vice president and head of R&D at LEO Pharma. “Veeva’s track record of product excellence makes it the ideal long-term partner to help us achieve this, enabling us to help patients faster and better.”
“We’re thrilled and honored to extend our longstanding partnership with LEO Pharma to be an early adopter of our full digital trials platform,” said Peter Gassner, founder and CEO of Veeva. “We intend to help move the industry forward with a scalable digital trials platform that significantly improves the clinical trial process for patients, sites, and sponsors.”
+45 3140 6180
About LEO Pharma
About Veeva Systems
Veeva is the global leader in cloud software for the life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veeva serves more than 1,000 customers, ranging from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. As a Public Benefit Corporation, Veeva is committed to balancing the interests of all stakeholders, including customers, employees, shareholders, and the industries it serves. For more information, visit veeva.com.
About LEO Pharma
LEO Pharma helps people achieve healthy skin. The company is a leader in medical dermatology with a robust R&D pipeline, a wide range of therapies, and a pioneering spirit. Founded in 1908 and majority owned by the LEO Foundation, LEO Pharma has devoted decades of research and development to advance the science of dermatology, setting new standards of care for people with skin conditions. LEO Pharma is headquartered in Denmark with a global team of 6,000 people, serving 93 million patients in 130 countries. In 2020, the company generated net sales of EUR 1,359 million. For more information please, visit www.LEO-Pharma.com.
Connect with Veeva on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/veeva-systems
Follow @veevasystems on Twitter: twitter.com/veevasystems
Connect with LEO Pharma on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/leo-pharma
Subscribe to releases from LEO Pharma
Subscribe to all the latest releases from LEO Pharma by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from LEO Pharma
LEO Pharma and DKSH Partner to Deliver Products and Solutions to People in Asia with Skin Conditions and Thrombosis29.9.2022 07:00:00 CEST | Press release
LEO Pharma and DKSH have entered into an agreement to bring high-quality therapeutic products for dermatology and thrombosis to patients across Asia. This agreement both supports LEO Pharma’s strategy of building a simpler and more competitive organization and DKSH Business Unit Healthcare’s strategic focus of strengthening its regional footprint.
LEO Pharma receives positive CHMP opinion of Adtralza® (tralokinumab) for the treatment of adolescents with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis19.9.2022 07:30:00 CEST | Press release
• Positive CHMP opinion recommends extending use of Adtralza® (tralokinumab) to adolescents (12-17 years old) in the European Union (EU) • Recommendation supported by data from the Phase 3 ECZTRA 6 trial
LEO Pharma presents new Adtralza® safety data in moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis at the 31st EADV Congress8.9.2022 14:15:00 CEST | Press release
• An interim safety analysis from ECZTEND, an open-label, 5-year extension trial, demonstrated consistent safety from the parent trials for up to 3.5 years of Adtralza® (tralokinumab) treatment in adult patients with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis.1 • Exposure-adjusted incidence rates of adverse events of special interest, including conjunctivitis, eczema herpeticum, and skin infections requiring systemic treatment, were generally lower than rates reported during the placebo-controlled period up to Week 16 and declined over time.1
LEO Pharma appoints Paul Navarre new member of its Board of Directors31.8.2022 08:00:00 CEST | Press release
Ballerup, Denmark, August 31, 2022 – LEO Pharma today announced the appointment of Paul Navarre as new member of its Board of Directors.
LEO Pharma to present new data in moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis and chronic hand eczema at the 31st EADV Congress25.8.2022 12:00:00 CEST | Press release
• Data presentations to cover findings relevant to the long-term safety and efficacy profile for Adtralza® (tralokinumab) in the treatment of moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis1,2,3 • Studies on delgocitinib and clinical and patient-reported outcomes to provide insight into this investigational treatment for chronic hand eczema4,5
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom