LEO Pharma and ICON enter a Strategic Partnership to propel clinical trial execution within medical dermatology
The mission of the partnership is to improve the lives of dermatology patients with access to innovative clinical trials and the launch of new medicines. The partnership will operate under the acronym of PACE, reflecting the requirement to move quickly to address today’s clinical development challenges. It also represents LEO Pharma and ICON’s shared values of Passion, Agility, Communication and Excellence in delivery.
Building on earlier collaboration successes within psoriasistrials, LEO Pharma expect to further strengthen its transformation journey by entering a strategic partnership with ICON. The partnership will leverage both fully outsourced and functional outsourcing models in a tailored and flexible hybrid approach. LEO Pharma plans to achieve the following while remaining a patient centric company:
- Drive efficiencies in clinical trials
- Significant and lean scalability in all areas of expertise within clinical development
- Co-investment within the area of decentralised clinical trials
- Access to a significant number of ICON in-house ancillary services
- Economies of scope and scale
- Access to external data, knowledge & expertise as well as technologies
- A partnership with a company that shares similar core values
“We’ve been exploring several outsourcing models but found a hybrid sourcing model to be the most efficient. Partnering with ICON supports our 2030 strategy as it will help us to bring innovative treatments to patients faster while also supporting a more sustainable business through scalability and flexibility,” said Jörg Möller, Executive Vice President and head of Global R&D at LEO Pharma. “ICON’s wealth of services and leading position in clinical development will support LEO Pharma’s R&D strategy building on driving innovation through partnerships and support staying competitive.”
In supporting LEO Pharma through this partnership, ICON will draw upon a team of over 500 professionals from across its business to deliver tailored solutions, bringing differentiating and enabling capabilities including its laboratories, Accellacare site-network, FIRECREST site management and decentralised clinical trial capabilities to create strategic advantage in how the trials are delivered.
“ICON is delighted to enter this partnership with LEO Pharma that truly takes advantage of our breadth of capability and expertise. We take a flexible and integrated approach when working with our partners, utilising fully outsourced, hybrid and FSP models that complement our partner’s internal capabilities and enable them to achieve their strategic goals. It is also motivating for our employees to be working with a partner that shares our values and has a commitment to improving the lives of patients,” said Steve Cutler, CEO, ICON.
Pia Beltrao Hansen
+45 3140 1245
+353 87 4066091
About LEO Pharma
About LEO Pharma
LEO Pharma is a global company dedicated to advancing the standard of care for the benefit of people with skin conditions, their families and society. Founded in 1908 and majority owned by the LEO Foundation, LEO Pharma has devoted decades of research and development to advance the science of dermatology, and today, the company offers a wide range of therapies for all disease severities. LEO Pharma is headquartered in Denmark with a global team of 4,700 people, serving millions of patients across the world. In 2022, the company generated net sales of DKK 10.6 billion. Learn more at www.leo-pharma.com.
About ICON plc
ICON is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced development and commercialisation services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. We develop new innovations, drive emerging therapies forward and improve patient lives. With headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, ICON employed approximately 41,100 employees in 111 locations in 53 countries as at December 31, 2022. For further information about ICON, visit: www.iconplc.com.
Connect with ICON on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/icon-plc-2/
Follow @ICON_plc on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICONplc
Connect with LEO Pharma on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/leo-pharma
Follow @LEOHealthySkin on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LEOHealthySkin
Subscribe to releases from LEO Pharma
Subscribe to all the latest releases from LEO Pharma by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from LEO Pharma
LEO Pharma presents late-breaking positive Phase 2a efficacy and safety results of LEO 138559 in moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis at the 2023 AAD Annual Meeting18.3.2023 21:10:00 CET | Press release
• Results presented at AAD 2023 demonstrated that investigational agent LEO 138559 met its primary endpoint of change in the Eczema Area and Severity Index (EASI) compared with placebo1 • Efficacy analysis showed significant improvement versus placebo across a variety of endpoints including EASI-75, EASI-90, and EASI-100, in adult patients with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis1 • These results are the first to be presented for an IL-22 receptor targeting antibody for the treatment of moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis1
LEO Pharma Presents Late-Breaking Positive Phase 3 Results of Delgocitinib Cream in Adults with Moderate to Severe Chronic Hand Eczema (CHE) at AAD 202318.3.2023 17:40:00 CET | Press release
• Results demonstrated that delgocitinib cream provided statistically significant improvements in primary and all key secondary endpoints, which included both clinician-assessed and patient-reported efficacy outcomes compared to cream vehicle.1 • Delgocitinib cream showed a statistically significant treatment effect compared to cream vehicle as early as four weeks after initiation of treatment.1
LEO Pharma Presents New Adbry™ (tralokinumab-ldrm) Data in Adolescent Population from ECZTRA 6 and ECZTEND Trials at AAD 2023 Annual Meeting17.3.2023 13:00:00 CET | Press release
• Analysis from the ECZTRA 6 trial shows positive effects of Adbry on reducing Staphylococcus aureus skin colonization that contributes to skin irritation and infections, and improving gene expression toward a non-lesional skin profile in adolescents with moderate-to-severe atopic dermatitis (AD).1,2 • Interim analysis of adolescent patients in the ECZTEND trial demonstrates that long-term use of Adbry for up to three years had a similar safety profile to the adult population, and approximately eight out of 10 patients had at least a 75% improvement in the extent and severity of their AD (EASI-75) at two years.3
LEO Pharma adds internationally recognized dermatologist to Global Leadership Team14.3.2023 14:00:00 CET | Press release
Ballerup, March 14, 2023 – LEO Pharma today announced a split of its R&D organization into two distinct functions. To lead Research and Early Development, LEO Pharma has appointed Dr. Jacob Pontoppidan Thyssen as new Executive Vice President and Chief Scientific Officer. Jacob is an internationally recognized dermatologist and key opinion leader who will add his clinical experience and strong understanding of patients’ needs into LEO Pharma’s drug development.
LEO Pharma announces annual results 20229.3.2023 09:30:00 CET | Press release
Annual Report 2022: Progressing on the financial turnaround, delivering a result in line with guidance, driven by solid growth in dermatology
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom