Lenovo Attains Status as Largest Global Provider of TOP500 Supercomputers
Today, at the International Supercomputing Conference (ISC) in Frankfurt, Lenovo Data Center Group (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) continued its global momentum, becoming the world’s largest TOP500 supercomputing provider measured by the number of systems ranked on the TOP500 list. 117 of the 500 most powerful supercomputers included in the TOP500 are Lenovo installations, meaning nearly one out of every four systems (23.4 percent) on the prestigious list is a Lenovo solution.
“Last year, we set a goal to become the world’s largest provider of TOP500 computing systems by 2020. We have reached that goal two years ahead of our original plan,” said Kirk Skaugen, President of Lenovo Data Center Group. “This distinction is a testament to our commitment to prioritize customer satisfaction, deliver cutting edge innovation and performance and be the world’s most trusted data center partner. We are motivated every day by the scientists and their groundbreaking research as we work together to solve humanity’s greatest challenges.”
Lenovo’s high performance computing customer base is as diverse as it is wide, with 17 of the top 25 research universities and institutions across the globe now powering their research with Lenovo’s comprehensive HPC and AI solutions. Lenovo, with dual headquarters in Morrisville, NC, USA and Beijing, China, enables ground breaking research in over 160 countries in the world and in many fields including cancer and brain research, astrophysics, climate science, chemistry, biology, artificial intelligence, automotive and aeronautics, to name a few.
Examples of Lenovo’s innovative supercomputer system designs and the research they enable include:
- ITALY: CINECA – Largest computing center in Italy; The Marconi Supercomputer is among the world’s fastest energy efficient supercomputers; Research projects range from precision medicine to self-driving cars.
- CANADA: SciNet – Home to Niagara, the most powerful supercomputer in Canada; First of its kind to leverage a dragonfly topology; Researchers have access to 3 petaflops of Lenovo processing power to help them understand the effect of climate change on ocean circulations.
- GERMANY: Leibniz-Rechenzentrum (LRZ) – Supercomputing center in Munich, Germany; Lenovo’s Direct to Node warm water cooling technologies have reduced energy consumption at the facility by 40 percent; Scientists conduct earthquake and tsunami simulations to better predict future natural disasters.
- SPAIN: Barcelona Supercomputing Center – Largest supercomputer in Spain; Voted “World’s Most Beautiful Data Center ” by DatacenterDynamics; Scientists are using artificial intelligence models to improve the detection of retinal disease.
- CHINA: Peking University – The first supercomputer in China to use Lenovo’s Direct to Node warm water cooling technology; Scientists are using Lenovo systems to conduct world leading life science and genetics research.
- INDIA: The Liquid Propulsion System Centre (LPSC) – Research and development center functioning under the Indian Space Research Organization; Using Lenovo’s Direct to Node warm water cooling technology to develop next generation earth-to-orbit technologies.
- DENMARK: VESTAS – The largest supercomputer in Denmark; Winner of HPCwire’s “Reader’s Choice for Best Use of High Performance Data Analytics”; Vestas is working to make wind energy production even more efficient by collecting and analyzing data to help customers pick the best sites for wind energy installations.
“Lenovo has an industry leading ability to bring deep innovations and a comprehensive approach to execute on the largest scale and highest performance, working with our customers to design supercomputing systems that meet their needs in terms of design and compute power,” said Madhu Matta, Vice President and General Manager of HPC and AI at Lenovo Data Center Group. “This flexibility and customer-first attitude positions us well for future growth in the high performance computing and artificial intelligence markets.”
To further enable customers to increase performance and simultaneously reduce electrical consumption, Lenovo also announced Neptune – its holistic, three-pronged approach to liquid cooling technologies – this week at ISC. Neptune encompasses the company’s entire suite of liquid cooling technologies including Lenovo’s Direct to Node (DTN) warm water cooling, rear door heat exchanger (RDHX) and hybrid Thermal Transfer Module (TTM) solutions, which combine both air and liquid cooling to deliver peak or high performance for HPC, AI and enterprise customers.
Lenovo (HKSE: 992) (ADR: LNVGY) is a US$45 billion Fortune 500 company with a vision to become the global leader in Intelligent Transformation through smart devices and infrastructure that create the best user experience. Lenovo manufactures one of the world’s widest portfolio of connected products, including smartphones (Motorola), tablets, PCs (Thinkpad, Yoga, Lenovo Legion) and workstations as well as AR/VR devices and smart home/office solutions. Lenovo’s next generation data center solutions (ThinkSystem, ThinkAgile) are creating the capacity and computing power for the connections that are changing business and society. Lenovo works to inspire the different in everyone and build a smarter future where everyone thrives. Follow us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , Weibo , or visit us at http://www.lenovo.com/
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
CA-NEXON-AMERICA24.9.2018 19:02 | pressemeddelelse
Pre-Registration for MapleStory 2 Starts Today
CONCORDIA-UNIVERSITY24.9.2018 17:17 | pressemeddelelse
First Engineering Faculty in Canada Named after a Woman: Business Leader Gina Cody Makes Historic $15 Million Donation to Montreal’s Concordia University
CA-DOLE-FOOD-COMPANY-INC24.9.2018 17:02 | pressemeddelelse
Dole’s Standard Fruit Celebrates 20-Year Milestone as Environmental Leader
CITY-OF-HELSINKI24.9.2018 16:44 | pressemeddelelse
Helsinki Joins New York in Commitment to Review Local Progress Toward Global Sustainable Development Goals
TX-MAVENIR24.9.2018 15:02 | pressemeddelelse
Mavenir Wins 5G Asia “Best RAN Product” Award
ARTMS24.9.2018 15:02 | pressemeddelelse
ARTMS’ QUANTM Irradiation System™ to Be Featured at Two International Conferences in September
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum