Kodak Alaris completes financial restructuring positioning itself for investment and future growth
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwired - Jul 17, 2017) - Today, Kodak Alaris announces the achievement of three important milestones that transform the company for the benefit of its owner, employees, suppliers and customers.
- Restructured its balance sheet which substantially reduced the level of debt creating additional capacity to invest in the business
- Renegotiated its revolving credit facility with its banking partner, HSBC -- extending its facility to mid-2020 and improving its terms & conditions and covenants
- Exited non-core assets by selling its Harrow, U.K. manufacturing site releasing significant cash resources for future investment
"Our customers, suppliers, creditors and employees have all worked hard and provided great support since Kodak Alaris' beginning," said Marc Jourlait, Chief Executive Officer, Kodak Alaris. "This financial transformation gives me great confidence we can deliver value for all our stakeholders as we build upon the solid foundation that underpins Kodak Alaris."
"We are delighted to announce the completion of these important restructuring programs which substantially strengthens the group's balance sheet," added Mark Alflatt, Chief Financial Officer, Kodak Alaris. "This creates financial capacity to support investments in our current business as well as our growth initiatives and the additional capital from the sale of our Harrow site will accelerate Kodak Alaris' strategic plan as we continue to deliver best-in-class products and services to our clients."
Specific to this announcement, Kodak Alaris has:
- Worked with its shareholder, Kodak Pension Plan (no. 2), to reduce the level of debt by $575 million via a loan note conversion which leaves the key financial gearing metrics at a more appropriate level -- an agreement that communicates strong confidence from its owner. The impact of this is the following:
- Creates balance sheet capacity to support future growth
- Improves cash flow substantially for the group over the next few years
- Reduces the total debt to approximately 2x EBITDA*
- Gained agreement from HSBC to extend the revolving credit facility to June 2020 -- further strengthening an important relationship with this key stakeholder and in the process demonstrating a vote of confidence in the business
- Exchanged contracts to sell a vacant, 29-acre site in Harrow, U.K. in March, subsequently disposed of, that previously manufactured a portion of its Colour Negative Paper Finishing operations to a joint-venture partnership. This is an important transaction because:
- This marks an important step in the transformation of the company that further repositions its portfolio while releasing capital to reinvest in new technology and capability -- strengthening Kodak Alaris' balance sheet.
- It allows the buyer to substantially redevelop the land to create a shared industrial, commercial and residential location which is a substantial positive for the local community.
About Kodak Alaris
Kodak Alaris is a company that is passionate about using technology to transform organizations and improve people's lives across the planet. From our document scanners and intelligent state-of-the-art software and services that power some of the world's largest companies, to our photographic paper production, printing kiosks and suite of consumer apps, we help people capture and connect with the emotional moments that define all our lives. We're helping unlock the power of digital transformation in our work and in our lives, through expert imaging science and innovation. We work behind the scenes, making the connections, pushing the boundaries of technology and helping consumers to make sense of and exploit the ever-expanding volume of data that is the hallmark of the 21st century.
*EBITDA -- Earnings Before Interest, Tax, Depreciation, Amortization
Public Relations Director
Kodak Alaris Information Management
Text100 for Kodak Alaris
Information om Marketwired
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Marketwired
Skrive dig op her og du vil løbende modtage pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Marketwired
Bombardier Inc.21.11.2017 01:16 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Announces Pricing of its New Issuance of Senior Notes due 2024
Algeco Scotsman20.11.2017 18:41 | pressemeddelelse
Statement Regarding Withdrawal of Complaint Filed on Behalf of Senior Unsecured Noteholders
Bombardier Inc.20.11.2017 16:02 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Announces a Cash Tender Offer for Any and All of its 4.75% Senior Notes due 2019
Bombardier Inc.20.11.2017 15:06 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Announces Launch of its New Issuance of Senior Notes due 2024
Algeco Scotsman16.11.2017 21:11 | pressemeddelelse
Statement Regarding Complaint Filed on Behalf of Senior Unsecured Noteholders
Cisco15.11.2017 22:06 | pressemeddelelse
Cisco Reports First Quarter Earnings
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum