JupiterMesh(R) Neighborhood Area Network (NAN) Announced
DAVIS, CA and AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS--(Marketwired - June 09, 2016) -
- JupiterMesh is the robust, low-power industrial IoT wireless mesh network with flexible data rates that enables neighborhood and field area communications for utilities and municipalities deploying intelligent grid and smart city solutions. Announced at the June 2016 ZigBee Alliance members meeting, JupiterMesh is the world-wide trademarked brand for the communications solution.
- The JupiterMesh technical profile specification is built on open IETF and IEEE standards and includes advanced technologies such as IPv6, frequency hopping, multi-band operation, authentication, encryption, and key management to drive industry realization of interoperable multi-vendor implementations that scale and are secure and easy to manage.
- A successful JupiterMesh specification verification and interoperability event was held at Powertech Labs Inc. (a subsidiary of BC Hydro), with engaged participation from smart grid leaders; Itron, Landis+Gyr and Trilliant, embedded technology specialists; Exegin and Vencore Labs (a.k.a., Applied Communication Sciences (ACS)), and semiconductor vendors; Analog Devices, Atmel (a subsidiary of Microchip Technology) and Texas Instruments.
Announced today at the ZigBee Alliance members' meeting, JupiterMesh is the robust, low-power industrial IoT wireless mesh network with flexible data rates that enables neighborhood and field area communications for utilities and municipalities deploying intelligent grid and smart city solutions. JupiterMesh has been created within the proven stakeholder consensus standards development process of the ZigBee Alliance.
JupiterMesh provides a complete solution package, including:
- Technical profile specification, detailing requirements from existing open standards for OSI Layers 1 through 4, including:
- IEEE 802.15.4e & IEEE 802.15.4g for Media Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layers (PHY) including CSMA or TSCH modes of operation to ensure optimum performance for different use cases;
- IETF network and application protocols such as; IPv6, 6LoWPAN, UDP, TCP, RPL, CoAP, and others with multicast feature to ensure Internet style machine-to-machine behavior over mesh networks;
- ETF security protocols such as; PANA, EAP-TLS and HIP-DEX for network access authentication and key distribution, and AES-128-CCM-based message authentication and encryption;
- Sub-1 Gigahertz and 2.4 GHz ISM bands as well as multiple modulation techniques (FSK, O-QPSK, OFDM) to ensure global regulatory compliance and acceptance.
- Specification validation, compliance testing, interoperability verification, certification programs, and a global network of test houses.
- Brand identity and commercial collateral for stakeholder promotion.
Since JupiterMesh defines Layers 1 through 4 of the Open System Interconnection (OSI) model, it provides a standard IPv6 interface layer capable of transporting existing metering communications protocols, such as IEC TC13's globally-deployed and highly interoperable DLMS/COSEM, ANSI C12, OpenADR, GOOSE, IEC 61850 and DNP3 as well as evolving solution-specific IP-based applications. JupiterMesh answers the industry's call to provide higher data rates for smart metering, lower latencies, bandwidth management for demanding smart grid applications, security, reliability for critical industry requirements, and support for battery-powered end-nodes.
"JupiterMesh provides the enhanced communications capabilities that enable new applications and use cases for electric, gas and water utilities and smart cities that are driving the Active Grid," said Ed Eckert, Itron's Director of Standards and ZigBee Alliance Board Director. "These include applications to improve grid and pipeline safety, efficiency, and reliability; to accommodate renewable and distributed generation integration; and to drive improvements in consumer-facing applications such as demand response, energy efficiency and conservation."
"JupiterMesh has been created by a really strong ecosystem of Smart Grid and Industrial IoT specialists and promises to deliver true multi-vendor interoperability in the market," said ZigBee Alliance President & CEO, Tobin Richardson. "JupiterMesh is also ready for the future evolutions such as deterministic networking and efficient spectrum sharing being worked on today in the IEEE and IETF."
The JupiterMesh development work is being delivered by ZigBee Alliance stakeholder member companies including; Analog Devices, ARM, Atmel (a subsidiary of Microchip Technology), Exegin, Itron, Kroger, Landis+Gyr, NXPÂ®, Renesas Electronics, Silicon Labs, Texas Instruments, Trilliant and Vencore Labs (a.k.a., Applied Communication Sciences (ACS)).
To learn more about the JupiterMesh solution, visit www.jupitermesh.org .
The ZigBee Alliance, an open, non-profit ecosystem of more than 400+ companies from 37 countries, is developing and promoting the world's leading IoT standards across a wide range of consumer, commercial and industrial monitoring and control applications. To join the ZigBee Alliance and help shape and accelerate the Internet of Things, get inspired here .
Heather Chesterman for the ZigBee Alliance
Magnet PR Group
Information om Marketwired
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Marketwired
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Marketwired
Bombardier Transportation28.5.2018 18:18 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Presents the New TRAXX DC3 Locomotive
Bombardier Transportation15.5.2018 02:51 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier's Real-Time Passenger Load Display Software Solution Launches in Singapore
Bombardier Inc.3.5.2018 22:49 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Announces the Election of its Board of Directors, Pays Tribute to Former CEO and Chairman Laurent Beaudoin
Bombardier Inc.3.5.2018 14:04 | pressemeddelelse
Bombardier Reports First Quarter 2018 Results, Announces Sale of Downsview Property and plans for new Centre of Excellence for Global Aircraft
Bombardier Inc.2.5.2018 16:22 | pressemeddelelse
REMINDER/Media Advisory: Bombardier to Report its First Quarter 2018 Financial Results and to Hold its Annual Meeting of Shareholders on Thursday, May 3
Bombardier Inc.23.4.2018 22:11 | pressemeddelelse
Media Advisory: Bombardier to Report its First Quarter 2018 Financial Results and to Hold its Annual Meeting of Shareholders on Thursday, May 3
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum