IDEMIA and Altran Team up to Present a New Assisted Driving Car Concept at Paris Motor Show
IDEMIA, the global leader in Augmented Identity, and Altran, the global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D) are teaming up to develop a new user experience based on driverless vehicles interacting with the human environment and with different infrastructures called “Columbia”, a connected, autonomous, and multi-use vehicle integrating Artificial Intelligence.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180930005031/en/
IDEMIA technological innovations and solutions, combined with Altran experience and knowhow, aimed at creating two services in one:
- An assisted driving car for personal use based on a shared transport concept
- A transport solution for professional users, including dropping off and collecting items along the route
IDEMIA, with its mastery of leading edge biometric and facial recognition technologies, provides security and enhanced user convenience by creating a strong digital identity. Biometrics ensure reliable data recording when users sign up for the service, and strong authentication of individual vehicle users.
IDEMIA brings different technologies to the concept,
- The e-KYC (know your customer) system is a digital user enrolment pathway that creates an identity,
- A digital car key solution allows the end-user to use a digital key stored in their smartphone to open and start the vehicle. This solution is cloud-based to securely send the digital key to the smartphone, with a secured smartphone environment to store the digital car key and a facial recognition to enable the digital car key,
- The DMS (driving monitoring system) is an on-board camera system that monitors driver behavior and interacts with the driver to return control of the vehicle to the human driver in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
IDEMIA teamed up with Altran to design the vehicle and developed several applications, including:
- Scalable and innovative vehicle platform using more than 20 sensors embedded
- Plug and play Electric Electronic architecture enabling autonomous mobility systems
- System of light interactions for the vehicle, front & rear, with light bands and LED screens
- Intelligent dashboard to interact with the vehicle and services
- Mobile application called “I-ris” enabling user to command the vehicle, send a package and manage shared transport, thanks to IDEMIA facial recognition system, providing secure access to the vehicle
"IDEMIA is proud to be presenting its cutting edge technologies as part of the Colombia project demonstration at the Paris Motor Show. IDEMIA's experience and knowhow guarantee the unique nature of client identities (for both businesses and private individuals) and the reliability of their digital identity. Our priority is guaranteeing convenience and security for users," explains Yves Portalier, Executive Vice-President for Connected Objects at IDEMIA.
"Altran is proud to be working closely with IDEMIA and contribute significantly to the evolution of mobility and resource-sharing with this two-in-one service. This new service allows us to meet the needs of both end-users and B2B players in one combined solution," explains Pascal Brier, Executive Vice-President for Strategy, Technology & Innovation at Altran.
A demonstration of this project will be showcased during Paris Motor Show on the Altran booth #G70 - Hall 7.
OT-Morpho is now IDEMIA, the global leader in Augmented Identity, with the ambition to provide a secure environment enabling citizens and consumers alike to perform their daily critical activities (such as pay, connect, travel and vote), in the physical as well as digital space. Securing our identity has become mission critical in the world we live in today. By standing for Augmented Identity, we reinvent the way we think, produce, use and protect this asset, whether for individuals or for objects. We ensure privacy and trust as well as guarantee secure, authenticated and verifiable transactions for international clients from Financial, Telecom, Identity, Public Security and IoT sectors. OT (Oberthur Technologies) and Safran Identity & Security (Morpho) have joined forces to form IDEMIA. With close to $3 billion in revenues and 14,000 employees around the world, IDEMIA serves clients in 180 countries.
For more information, visit www.idemia.com / Follow @IdemiaGroup on Twitter
Altran ranks as the undisputed global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D), following its acquisition of Aricent. The company offers clients an unmatched value proposition to address their transformation and innovation needs. Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialization, to invent the products and services of tomorrow. For over 30 years, the company has provided expertise in aerospace, automotive, defense, energy, finance, life sciences, railway and telecommunications. The Aricent acquisition extends this leadership to semiconductors, digital experience and design innovation. Combined, Altran and Aricent generated revenues of €2.9 billion in 2017, with some 45,000 employees in more than 30 countries. www.altran.com
Follow us on Twitter: @Altran
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
IL-GILEAD-SCIENCES21.10.2018 00:32 | pressemeddelelse
Phase 3 Data on Filgotinib in Biologic-Experienced Rheumatoid Arthritis to Be Presented at 2018 ACR/ARHP Annual Meeting
CA-TRUE-RELIGION19.10.2018 19:39 | pressemeddelelse
Manchester United and True Religion Launch Denim Range
ARCH-INSURANCE19.10.2018 15:12 | pressemeddelelse
Arch Insurance Announces Strategic Leadership Changes
MA-TAKEDA-PHARMACEUTICAL19.10.2018 14:02 | pressemeddelelse
Takeda to Present Results from Phase 3 ALTA-1L Trial Highlighting Intracranial Efficacy of ALUNBRIG® (brigatinib) Versus Crizotinib in First-Line Advanced ALK+ Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
VERTEX-PHARMACEUTICALS19.10.2018 13:56 | pressemeddelelse
Vertex Receives European CHMP Positive Opinion for KALYDECO® (ivacaftor) to Treat Patients With Cystic Fibrosis Aged 12 to <24 months With Certain Mutations in the CFTR Gene
TX-SCHLUMBERGER-LIMITED19.10.2018 13:02 | pressemeddelelse
Schlumberger Announces Third-Quarter 2018 Results
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum