GSMA Innovation City Returns to Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2016
The GSMA Innovation City will return to Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2016 for the fourth year running, the GSMA announced today. The popular exhibition space will again be a focal point of the show and invites visitors to explore an immersive environment that demonstrates how intelligent mobile-connected products and services are positively changing the world around us. This year’s showcase includes a diverse range of experiences from cutting-edge startups as well as more established companies, and covers sectors such as retail, transport, automotive, sport and more.
“The City continues to be one of the most popular attractions at Mobile World Congress and is the perfect place to experience the latest trends and innovations in mobile all at one destination. This year we have expanded the City to include dedicated zones covering particular interest areas such as automotive, home, retail and sport. It really does have something that caters to every interest in mobile and we look forward to welcoming visitors to this year’s show,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA.
The GSMA Innovation City will include interactive demonstrations from partners including Akyumen, DTS, Hangar 18 NOA, Huawei, KT Corporation, MyFC, NAES, nubia, OPPO and Thinfilm, as well as from the GSMA’s key industry programmes Connected Living, Digital Commerce, Network 2020 and Personal Data. This year the City includes a number of dedicated ‘Connected Zones’ that focus on particular interest areas such as sports, automotive, retail and innovation, as well as the OPPO café and the GSMA Pavilion.
Showcasing a Range of New Experiences
GSMA partner experiences on display in the Innovation City include:
- Akyumen will showcase its new Holofone Hawk 5.5" Projector Smartphone that can project videos, pictures, presentations and mobile apps onto a large screen. It will also demonstrate its Holofone Phablet and Falcon Tablet that features built-in state of the art proprietary Projector technology running on Windows 10 OS.
- Akyumen's Chairman and CEO, Aasim Saied, will also unveil the Akyumen TV Mobile Entertainment Platform.
- DTS, a leader in high-definition audio solutions, will showcase its innovative technologies including Headphone:X, which provides an immersive surround sound experience to listeners via any pair of headphones and DTS Play-Fi technology that streams music over an existing home Wi-Fi network in high-quality, lossless audio from smartphones, tablets or PCs.
HANGAR 18 NOA
- Smartphone manufacturer Hangar 18 NOA will showcase its line of feature-rich, affordable premium smartphones aimed at teenagers and young adults, including its latest product, the NOA H4se smartphone. Hangar 18 NOA takes features present in top-line products such as bigger screens, fast charging and water resistance and makes them accessible to everyone.
- Huawei invites visitors to experience ‘One Day in a Connected Life’, demonstrating how the Internet of Things (IoT) and smart technologies powered by innovative cloud-based ICT infrastructure can impact people’s lives in a typical day. Demonstrations will cover smart home, e-government, e-health, public services, and more.
- InstaBatt, part of the NAES Group Consumer Electronic division, will demonstrate its innovative, portable power solution which is also one of the smallest and thinnest available on the market. It stores the right amount of energy to keep smartphones alive on the move.
- MyFC develops portable, eco-friendly fuel cell chargers for mobile devices. They will demonstrate the world’s smallest portable fuel cell charger called the JAQ™, which creates its own electricity with a slim, recyclable single-use power card, based on water and salt.
- nubia, a leading smartphone maker, will showcase its premium devices designed for users to experience richer and more vibrant lives. The brand is known for its innovative smartphone features as well as advanced photography functions.
- OPPO is a global electronics and technology service provider that creates smartphones and accessories. OPPO will showcase a number of mobile experiences that feature meticulous design and smart technology.
- KT, a leading global communications company, will showcase its range of technologies that will lead in the development of 5G and the IoT.
- KT will present technologies that are fundamental to the IoT such as CCTV, remote door locking and remote lighting, as well as its innovations in 5G and LTE technology and more. KT will also showcase its work with the start-up community.
Thinfilm connects everyday objects to the internet using proprietary
printed electronics technology and Near Field Communications (NFC). It
will be demonstrating its latest products including:
- NFC SpeedTapTM that allows NFC smartphones to communicate with everyday objects and gives physical products a digital identity.
- Thinfilm NFC OpenSenseTM , which creates a connected “smart package” using printed sensor tags and a smartphone’s NFC capabilities. The smart tags know when a container or bottle is sealed or opened, helping to detect product diversion, counterfeiting and unauthorised refills.
- Thinfilm will also demonstrate its partnership with Hopsy, a craft beer delivery service that integrates Thinfilm’s NFC OpenSense technology into a variety of locally produced craft beers.
GSMA Programme Showcase
The GSMA and its partners will demonstrate solutions highlighting the impact of mobile technology through a number of engaging exhibits including:
- Connected Sports Zone – Experience how mobile technology is impacting the world of sports. Try out a number of incredible performance tracking solutions for sports including American football, baseball, basketball, golf, soccer and tennis.
- Innovation Zone – Get hands-on with some of the world’s most innovative and creative products and solutions in the start-up area.
- Automotive Zone – Experience the future of the connected car.
- The Retail Zone – Enter the City’s first retail environment, sponsored by NAES and myFC.
- Connected Home – See how mobile connected products and services are changing our homes with a number of demos and experiences from KT.
- Virtual Reality @ Innovation City – Guests are invited to experience the mobile future by taking one of four virtual reality journeys via Oculus Rift headsets.
- Mobile Connect – With over 2 billion enabled consumers, experience how Mobile Connect is transforming online businesses today with simple, secure access, powered by mobile.
- Connected Home, Smart Agriculture and Industry – See how operator-managed Low Power Wide Area networks in licenced spectrum are connecting up everything from pets to oil rigs.
- Augmented Reality – Experience how operators are delivering rich user experiences on 4G networks via an Augmented Reality demo supported by China Mobile, Nokia and Intel.
GSMA Innovation City Location
The GSMA Innovation City will be hosted in Hall N3 (Stands A38 and E37) at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. It will be open during Mobile World Congress Shanghai exhibition hours from Wednesday, 29 June through Friday, 1 July. For more information, visit http://www.mwcshanghai.com/innovation-city/ .
Get Involved at Mobile World Congress Shanghai 2016
For more information on the 2016 Mobile World Congress Shanghai, including how to attend, exhibit, partner or sponsor, visit www.mwcshanghai.com . Follow developments and updates on Mobile World Congress Shanghai through our social media channels – follow us on Twitter at @GSMA and use #MWCS16, get regular updates through our LinkedIn Showcase Page at www.linkedin.com/company/mobile-world-congress-shanghai , and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mwcshanghai . In China, you can follow us on Sina Weibo http://weibo.com/mwcshanghai or on the GSMA account on WeChat. For additional information on GSMA social channels, visit www.mwcshanghai.com/register-plan/networking/social-media.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 250 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and Internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com . Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her, og modtag pressemeddelelser på e-mail. Indtast din e-mail, klik på abonner, og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte e-mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
AURAK15.12.2018 11:51 | Pressemeddelelse
AURAK Gains SACSCOC Accreditation
KRAMER-LEVIN14.12.2018 18:44 | Pressemeddelelse
Lehman Brothers Treasury Announces Plans for Partial Wind-Down
MA-TAKEDA-PHARMACEUTICAL14.12.2018 18:02 | Pressemeddelelse
Takeda Receives Positive CHMP Opinion for ADCETRIS® (brentuximab vedotin) for the Treatment of Adult Patients with Previously Untreated CD30+ Stage IV Hodgkin Lymphoma in Combination with AVD
FL-POTNETWORK-HOLDINGS14.12.2018 16:44 | Pressemeddelelse
Diamond CBD, POTN Subsidiary, Enters the $46 Billion Coffee Market With the Release of Premium Line of CBD-Infused Coffee & Tea K-Kup Capsules
HENLEY-&-PARTNERS14.12.2018 15:02 | Pressemeddelelse
Henley & Partners Enlarges Executive Committee to Manage Expansion and Growth
BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM14.12.2018 10:09 | Pressemeddelelse
Vargatef® plus docetaxel could be an option after failure of immunotherapy in lung cancer
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter samt finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum