Graduate Management Admission Council
15.6.2017 06:02 | Nasdaq OMX
New GMAT Exam Feature Offers Greater Control and Flexibility
Select Section Order Allows Test Takers to Customize Their GMAT Experience by Choosing the Section Order in which They Take the Exam
"The idea of being allowed to choose the section order had been commonly requested by test takers," said Ashok Sarathy, vice president, Product Management, GMAC. "We conducted a pilot in 2016 to test this feature and received overwhelmingly positive feedback, with 85 percent of participants surveyed expressing that this new feature boosted their confidence prior to even taking the exam. Our pilot findings also concluded that taking the exam in different section orders continues to maintain the quality and integrity of the GMAT scores."
The GMAT has four sections. When implemented on July 11, test takers will select their desired section order at the test center on exam date, immediately prior to the start of the exam. Test takers will be able to choose from three options:
- Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, Verbal (original order);
- Verbal, Quantitative, Integrated Reasoning, Analytical Writing Assessment; or
- Quantitative, Verbal, Integrated Reasoning, Analytical Writing Assessment.
These new changes are a continuation of the steps GMAC has implemented in recent years to enhance the test takers' GMAT experience, including:
- the ability to cancel scores online after leaving the test center and the enhanced score reinstatement policies (March 2016),
- removing cancelled scores from school score reports; allowing candidates to retake the GMAT exam after a 16-day time period rather than the previous 31-day retake period; and enabling test takers to access their Official Score Report online using their date of birth instead of an authentication code (July 2015),
- introduction of the GMAT Enhanced Score Report, which provides test takers access to an in-depth analysis of their overall GMAT performance (January 2015), and
- introduction of GMAT Score Preview, enabling test takers to preview their unofficial scores before deciding whether to report or cancel them (July 2014).
"The GMAT exam shows business schools that the test taker is serious about earning a graduate business degree and demonstrates the individual's commitment and readiness for the rigors of a graduate business program," said Sarathy. "Today, 9 out of 10 new MBA enrollments at the top 50 U.S. full-time MBA programs are made using a GMAT score."
About GMAC: The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) is a global, nonprofit association of 220 leading graduate business schools. Founded in 1953, we are actively committed to advancing the art and science of admissions by convening and representing the industry and offering best-in-class products and services for schools and students. GMAC owns and administers the Graduate Management Admission Test® (GMAT® ) exam, used by more than 6,500 graduate programs worldwide, and the NMAT by GMAC(TM) exam, for entrance into graduate management programs in India. The Council is based in Reston, Va., with offices in London, New Delhi (Gurgaon) and Hong Kong. For information on assessments, study tools and services for candidates, visit www.mba.com . For information about The Council and our market intelligence, professional development opportunities and services for graduate management education, please visit www.gmac.com .
Jennifer Garfinkel; Director of Media Relations, GMAC
+1 (703) 668-9805 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Information om Nasdaq OMX
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Nasdaq OMX
Ved at skrive dig op her, vil du modtage pressemeddelelser på mail når de udsendes. Indtast din mail og følg instruktionerne. Det er ligeså let at melde sig fra igen.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Nasdaq OMX
Oxford Immunotec24.7.2017 15:03 | pressemeddelelse
Oxford Immunotec Appoints Richard Wenstrup, MD, as Chief Medical Officer
Minerva Neurosciences, Inc.24.7.2017 14:32 | pressemeddelelse
Minerva Neurosciences Announces Departure of Directors
Appian Corporation24.7.2017 14:02 | pressemeddelelse
French Energy Operator GRDF Enlists Appian's Low-code Platform for Enterprise-wide Deployment
BroadSoft, Inc.24.7.2017 10:01 | pressemeddelelse
Placetel is named as a leading UC solution in Germany by ISG Experton Group
Vricon21.7.2017 15:22 | pressemeddelelse
Gaining Momentum: Vricon Hires Barry Tilton as CTO and VP of Engineering
Renewable Energy Group, Inc.20.7.2017 19:48 | pressemeddelelse
REG Celebrates Completion of Upgrade Project at Emden Biorefinery
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum