FutureBridge: Food and Nutrition Industry Poised to Tap Emerging Technologies to Meet Sustainability Goals and User Demands In 2020
The food and nutrition industry will rapidly adopt transformative technologies to meet evolving sustainability goals and customer demands in 2020, according to FutureBridge.
With users demanding healthier products from sustainable sources, industry leaders are tapping disparate technologies to disrupt nearly every step in the food chain. In the emerging scenario, microbes are a promising source of alternative protein, artificial intelligence drives new product development, and blockchain solves the trillion-dollar food waste problem.
“In 2020, several bubbling technologies are finally poised to influence product development and operations of leading industry players.” said Sarah Browner, FutureBridge’s food and nutrition analyst.
Combining its research team’s deep domain know-how with in-house software and data analytics, FutureBridge identified five key technology trends for 2020:
1. GOING MICROBIAL. We are witnessing a new wave of innovative start-ups utilizing algae, yeasts, fungi, biomass, and even thin air to produce alternative protein.
2. BLOCKCHAIN BREAKTHROUGHS. Blockchain will help solve age-old supply chain problems including food waste, which costs roughly $990 billion annually.
3. TOTAL RECYCLABLITY. Sustainable packaging solutions will raise the bar in 2020, with growing focus on the use of 100% recyclable materials.
4. AI-LED INNOVATION. Artificial intelligence will mature into a trusted industry partner. Conagra Brands, McCormick & Co. and PepsiCo are using AI to cook up new concepts, with many others expected to follow.
5. DIGITALIZED DIETS. In quest of a wellness market worth over $4.5 trillion, industry players will leverage emerging technologies such as personalized pills and at-home DNA testing kits to deliver customized diets.
FutureBridge will host a webinar on these Technology Trends for 2020 on February 6th , 2020, at 4.30 pm CET / 10.30 am EST. To register, click here .
FOR INTERVIEWS/MORE INFORMATION: firstname.lastname@example.org
FutureBridge tracks & advises enterprises on the future of industries from a 1-to-25-year perspective. With its data & analytics platform, deep techno-commercial knowledge, and network of start-ups, technology partners, and corporate leaders, FutureBridge identifies new opportunities, markets, and business models, and facilitates best-fit solutions and partnerships for its clients. FutureBridge has over 500 in-house experts in Europe, North America, and Asia.
About Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
MOBIDIAG2.6.2020 06:02:06 CEST | Press release
Mobidiag Offers Complete Diagnostic Solution for the Detection of Novel Coronavirus Infections with Both PCR and Antibody Tests
CO-NEWMONT1.6.2020 15:02:10 CEST | Press release
Newmont Publishes 2019 Sustainability Report
CO-THE-WESTERN-UNION1.6.2020 15:02:09 CEST | Press release
New Western Union research provides insight into the future of international education
MA-ABIOMED1.6.2020 13:02:17 CEST | Press release
FDA Issues Emergency Use Authorization for Impella RP as Therapy for COVID-19 Patients with Right Heart Failure
VIVET-THERAPEUTICS1.6.2020 13:02:07 CEST | Press release
Vivet’s Second Gene Therapy Product, VTX-803 for PFIC3, Receives US and European Orphan Drug Designation
CA-ZYNGA1.6.2020 13:02:07 CEST | Press release
Zynga Enters Into Agreement to Acquire Istanbul-based Peak, Creator of Top Charting Mobile Franchises Toon Blast and Toy Blast
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom