One Banana Presents Its Sustainability Report 2020
One Banana, the better banana Co., presents its seventh Corporate Sustainability Report reflecting on the achievements and execution of its Sustainability Strategy amid a life-changing year in 2020.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210721005928/en/
"We have taken more time, effort, and resources to prepare and publish our sustainability report due to the implementation of new methodologies to better measure and present how we create sustainable value," said Javier Aguirre, Corporate Director of AgroAmerica. "In this challenging year, we updated the pillars of our Corporate Sustainability Strategy to align business priorities and the changing expectations of our stakeholders."
One Banana and One Banana Ingredients are the brands under which AgroAmerica commercializes bananas and natural ingredients. This year, the corporation consolidated the banana ingredients business, reducing waste to a minimum and offering its customers a new range of sustainable food.
Some outstanding achievements are:
- 186 million bananas transformed into food ingredients under the principle of zero waste.
- Employment generation for 12,537 direct and indirect positions, promoting gender equality and growth opportunities for employees, their families, and communities.
- Responsible use of natural resources through investment in technology that allows a reduction of up to 50% in water use compared to traditional irrigation technologies.
- 11 international certifications, supporting the statement: We strive to achieve sustainable production every day .
- Unprecedented efforts to address the COVID-19 pandemic and extraordinary response to two hurricanes in the Central American region.
- Continuity of existing projects regarding environmental conservation, education, health and nutrition, among other projects to promote the well-being of workers, their families, and communities in the area of influence, as well as support for community management activities.
“We are pleased to present our Sustainability Report to our customers, suppliers, certifying entities, and the general public,” said Fernando Bolaños, CEO of AgroAmerica. “It reflects our commitment to do responsible business and align our corporate management with the Sustainable Development Goals while complying with the Communication on Progress (CoP) before the United Nations Global Compact, an entity of which we have been a signatory since 2020.”
This report reaffirms the corporation’s commitment to producing food and ingredients responsibly and sustainably.
"Our report notes the progress we have made and sets our expectations for the future," said Robert Adams, President of One Banana. "allowing One Banana to be the better banana Co.”,
View full report here .
About Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
SOFTSERVE3.8.2021 13:07:11 CEST | Press release
SoftServe Opens New Office in Dubai
DIGITALED3.8.2021 13:02:10 CEST | Press release
DigitalEd Announces Growth Investment From PSG
CA-QUANERGY-SYSTEMS3.8.2021 12:02:12 CEST | Press release
Quanergy Demonstrates the Industry First OPA-based Solid State LiDAR with 100 Meter Range
MOODY’S-ESG3.8.2021 10:16:06 CEST | Press release
Moody’s ESG Solutions Launches Solution to Help Investors Assess Alignment With UN Global Compact
BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM3.8.2021 10:02:05 CEST | Press release
First half of 2021: Boehringer Ingelheim makes fundamental progress in research and development
SES-NETWORKS/ORANGE3.8.2021 08:52:03 CEST | Press release
SES Networks Expands Partnership With Orange to Enhance Maritime Services
GOPHER-INVESTMENTS3.8.2021 08:02:12 CEST | Press release
Gopher Response to Statement by Playtech, Related Clarifications and Reasons Why Shareholders Should VOTE AGAINST the Consortium Offer
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom