EURid Reveals Slovenia as the Top Country for Registration Growth in its Q2 2020 Progress Report
EURid released its Q2 2020 Progress Report today, sharing its quarterly statistics and developments. Highlights include:
- 163 277 new domain name registrations recorded;
- Slovenia tops the list of countries for registration growth at +4.8%;
- The average renewal rate was 83.9%
Total registrations decreased from 3 623 050 at the end of Q1 2020 to 3 606 143 at the end of Q2 2020. This can be attributed to a higher rate of deletions among UK-based registrations in light of the .eu registrations update relating to Brexit.
Main developments throughout the quarter included:
- Kick-off of the 7th annual .eu Web Awards competition;
- Partnership with the Coordination Center for TLD .RU/.РФ for the annual EURid UNESCO World Report on IDNs;
- Strengthening our collaboration with the EUIPO and Ecommerce Foundation to benefit SMEs and .eu online stores;
- Brexit update regarding .eu domain names registered to individuals and undertakings residing in the United Kingdom and Gibraltar: the Withdrawal Agreement between the UK and EU provides a transition period until 31 December 2020 ; as of 1 January 2021, 00:00:00 CET , EURid will no longer allow the registration of any new domain names by UK registrants.
- Supporting the ‘Water is Life’ project in Madagascar to offset our 2019 CO2 emissions.
Read more from EURid’s Q2 2020 Progress Report .
EURid is the not-for-profit organisation that operates the .eu, .ею and .ευ top-level domains, following a tender process and appointment by the European Commission. EURid works with over 700 accredited registrars. As part of its ongoing commitment to data security, EURid has been certified for the ISO27001 security standard since 2013. EURid is also registered by the EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS), which is an expression of its environmental commitment. EURid has its headquarters in Diegem (Belgium), and regional offices in Pisa (Italy), Prague (the Czech Republic) and Stockholm (Sweden). More information at: www.eurid.eu.
About Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
KD-PHARMA-GROUP12.4.2021 14:47:05 CEST | Press release
KD Pharma Acquires Phytoextract and CBD Manufacturing Assets
CA-MIRUM/VIVET12.4.2021 14:02:11 CEST | Press release
Mirum Pharmaceuticals and Vivet Therapeutics Enter into Exclusive Worldwide Option and License Agreement for Vivet’s Gene Therapy Programs Targeting Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis
CA-GLOBALITY12.4.2021 14:02:11 CEST | Press release
Globality and BT Sourced Announce New Partnership to Unleash the Power of Procurement
VA-FLIR-SYSTEMS-INC12.4.2021 14:02:11 CEST | Press release
FLIR Wins DARPA Contract Worth Up to $20.5M to Develop Revolutionary New Protective Fabrics for Chem-Bio Defense
CA-RIFFYN12.4.2021 13:52:10 CEST | Press release
Riffyn Launches Riffyn Nexus v4.2 to Strengthen Bioprocess Data Integrity With Automated Data Validation
MN-AMERIPRISE-FINANCIAL12.4.2021 13:02:25 CEST | Press release
Ameriprise Financial to Acquire BMO’s EMEA Asset Management Business
NY-ESTÉE-LAUDER12.4.2021 13:02:25 CEST | Press release
The Estée Lauder Companies Announces Retirement of Alexandra Trower, Executive Vice President, Global Communications
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom