Esports organization Astralis launch Music initiative with Universal Music Denmark
Together with Universal Music, Astralis has today launched a new ,usic initiative dedicated to amplifying the close connection between the gaming- and music culture - and a natural next step for digital entertainment. The ambition is to provide artists from different backgrounds, who share a passion for gaming, a room to play and create new music inspired by the passion they share and live.
Today the first song under the Astralis name, appropriately named “To the Stars” after the team’s tagline, is launched on a range of music streaming services. The song is written and performed by Danish artist Mattis, who is not a stranger to neither gaming nor to composing music for a diverse audience. The ex punk rocker can be heard on the Netflix series Shadowhunters and in his song “Loverboy” reached the top spot on Hypemachine as the most blogged song in the world.
The song is the first under the Astralis name co-Founder of Astralis and Astralis Group, Jakob Lund Kristensen explains:
- Together with Universal Music, today we have launched a new cross culture initiative to amplify the close connection between the global cultures of music and gaming. Just like music, esports and gaming knows no borders and does not distinguish between age, gender, religion, or anything else than the passion you share. This is what we want to celebrate by creating a room for different artists to tell their own story, share their passion for gaming and to become an even more integrated part of the gaming culture.
- It is all about embracing the positives of music, gaming, and passion. We want to be an even larger part of the daily life of Astralis fans, also outside tournaments, but we also invite all others, who might not have a close relation to gaming, to come closer and feel some of the passion.
- Gaming has become much more of a lifestyle and culture than a hobby. As gamers, we are proud of who we are; it is a part of our identity. Gaming and esports has changed the way we talk, what we wear, what we listen to and our digital habits.
- Through this initiative, we are adding to an already existing universe and true to the Astralis spirit, we go all in to live up to our own high standards. This is why, together with Universal Music, we decided to go with Mattis, who is a shooting star on his own terms, who is a gamer himself and who shares our vision to embrace, not just Astralis, but gaming itself.
As the first artist under the Astralis brand, Mattis is proud to be a part of the initiative:
- The song, To the Stars, is all about fighting for what you believe in, no matter what everybody else tries to tell you. It is about lifting each other up to achieve something bigger than ourselves. For me it is very much what Astralis is all about, and it is my hope that the song will bring people together around a common passion.
- I love the way Astralis embrace music as a part of the gaming and esports culture. As a musician, I use gaming to relax and to recharge, and I know that many gamers use music to get hyped before a game or to calm down afterwards. No matter who you are and how you keep your mental balance, 2020 has reminded us all how much we depend upon each other, and if this song can in any way contribute positively to a feeling of moving forwards and upwards, together, I have reached my goal, Mattis comments.
Steen LaursenDirector of CommsTel:+email@example.com
Subscribe to releases from Astralis
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Astralis by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Astralis
Astralis åbner første Flagship Store i samarbejde med Tivoli4.2.2021 10:02:09 CET | Pressemeddelelse
Astralis Group og Tivoli åbner til sommer den første Astralis Flagship Store i hjertet af København og dermed tilføjer selskabet bag bl.a. verdens stærkeste Counter-Strike hold endnu et område til forretningsstrategien. Astralis Flagship Store åbner i det ikoniske Tivoli Hjørne, som har vundet nogle af verdens mest prestigefyldte arkitekturpriser. Her inviteres spillere og fans inden for til en gaming-oplevelse, de med garanti ikke har prøvet før.
Esports and amusementparks: Astralis opens first ever Flagship Store in Tivoli4.2.2021 10:01:32 CET | Press release
This Summer, Astralis Group is set to open the first-ever Astralis Flagship Store in the heart of Copenhagen. Astralis Flagship Store combines a state-of-the-art esports- and gaming experience in modern facilities with all the latest Astralis Merchandise, gaming set-up for 130+ guests, VIP rooms, all the newest and some yet-to-be released products from Astralis’ commercial partners, mini tournaments, viewing parties and fan events. The first gaming facility opened by the esports organization also marks a strategic partnership between Astralis and Tivoli Gardens, the world’s oldest and one of the most iconic amusement parks. The partnership will be rolled out over summer where Astralis will be a visible and integrated part of the events in Tivoli – and Tivoli’s customers will be invited inside the Flagship Store to get a new, digital gaming experience.
Astralis lancerer nyt, internationalt musikinitiativ med musik-gigant19.1.2021 15:29:59 CET | Pressemeddelelse
De danske esportsgiganter Astralis tager nu næste skridt i udviklingen af digital underholdning. Med det første af en række musikudgivelser under Astralis-navnet lancerer selskabet bag blandt andet de danske Couter-Strike verdensmestre sammen med Universal Music Denmark et nyt, internationalt initiativ, dedikeret til at forstærke båndet mellem den globale gaming- og musikkultur.
Ny CMO: Astralis Group henter Samantha Yu hos Refinery29/VICE Media Group14.1.2021 10:00:50 CET | Pressemeddelelse
Astralis Group fortsætter oprustningen på den kommercielle front og efter sidste uges offentliggørelse af en ny kommerciel direktør, kan selskabet nu fortælle at man også styrker organisationen med en ny, stærk international profil i rollen som CMO. 29-årige Samantha Yu skifter 1. februar tilværelsen som Vice President, Brand & Integrated Marketing i VICE Media Groups Refinery29 ud med sin nye rolle hos den danske esportsorganisation, hvor hun sammen med den øvrige ledelse skal forberede et år med forventet vækst i forretning og organisation.
Astralis Group hires Samantha Yu as new CMO14.1.2021 10:00:30 CET | Press release
Astralis Group continues to expand its organization and can today announce that from February 1st, Samantha Yu will be joining the publicly listed esports company in a new role as Chief Marketing Officer.
Astralis Group brings in new Commercial Director6.1.2021 09:21:20 CET | Press release
Astralis Group, the company behind some of the most well-known esports teams in Counter-Strike, FIFA and League of Legends, moves to strengthen the organization by adding a strong, experienced Commercial Director, brought in from the National Danish Football Association.
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom