EMVCo Publishes Draft EMV® Secure Remote Commerce Specification v0.9 for Public Comment
EMVCo has today published a draft of its EMV® Secure Remote Commerce (SRC) Specification, which is available for download from the EMVCo website and open for a public comment period of 45 days, until Monday 3 December. The global technical body has made the decision to release a draft specification - EMV SRC Specification v0.9 – before finalising the specification to allow as many payment industry participants as possible, including merchants, card issuers and payment networks, the opportunity to review and contribute to v1.0 which will be published in 2019.
The draft EMV SRC Specification provides a foundation that will enable the processing of e-commerce transactions in a consistent, streamlined fashion across a variety of digital channels and devices, including smartphones, tablets, PCs and other connected devices.
When finalised, it is expected that v1.0 of the EMV SRC Specification will:
- Define interfaces to allow for secure exchanges of payment data across participants in the digital commerce environment.
- Accommodate options for using dynamic data, such as cryptograms or other transaction unique data, to enhance the security of payment transactions on a merchant’s SRC enabled website, mobile app or other e-commerce platform.
- Enable compatibility with other technologies such as EMV Payment Tokenisation and EMV 3-D Secure.
- Facilitate consumer recognition of a common user experience, indicated by an SRC Mark, which conveys to a consumer that a merchant’s e-commerce environment is enabled for EMV SRC.
Stephanie Ericksen, Chair of EMVCo’s Executive Committee, comments: “EMVCo recognises the need to expediently deliver its EMV SRC Specification to help address rising fraud levels in global e-commerce while reducing consumer friction during online checkout.
“Given the high levels of industry interest in the EMV SRC initiative, EMVCo is publishing a draft specification for wider comment before releasing the official 1.0 version. This allows us to expand on the feedback received to date from EMVCo Associates and Subscribers on the specification development, to help ensure that the EMV SRC Specification addresses the needs of stakeholders across the industry.”
Merchants, card issuers, payment networks, consumers and other stakeholders will benefit from participation in the SRC ecosystem. Consumers will be provided with a choice of payment options and a more consistent, secure purchase experience across merchants that choose to adopt an SRC solution. The reduced need for entering card and shipping information has the potential to lower shopping cart abandonment for merchants. SRC participants will also benefit from a simplified integration, thanks to the definition of consistent communications and interfaces across the digital commerce environment.
EMVCo outlines the following process for feedback submission and consideration by EMVCo:
- All interested stakeholders are invited to submit feedback on EMV SRC Specification v0.9 within the 45 day public comment period, ending on Monday 3 December.
- The draft EMV SRC Specification can be found on the EMVCo website .
- Feedback submissions can be made via the public queries mechanism on the EMVCo website .
- Feedback can be made privately or publicly via an option on the EMVCo website. EMVCo will review comments and publish its responses to public comments received. A plan will be established to incorporate applicable recommendations that will help facilitate global interoperability as the EMV SRC Specification evolves.
EMV® SRC Specification v1.0 will be published in 2019 and made available for royalty-free download from EMVCo’s website by all interested parties.
– ENDS –
Notes to Editors:
EMV® is a registered trademark in the U.S. and other countries and an unregistered trademark elsewhere. The EMV trademark is owned by EMVCo, LLC.
EMVCo is the global technical body that facilitates the worldwide interoperability and acceptance of secure payment transactions by managing and evolving the EMV Specifications and related testing processes. EMV is a technology toolbox that enables globally interoperable secure payments across face-to-face and remote environments. Adoption of EMV Specifications and associated approval and certification processes promotes a unified international payments framework, which supports an advancing range of payment methods, technologies and acceptance environments. The specifications are available royalty free, designed to be flexible, and can be adapted regionally to meet national payment requirements and accommodate local regulations.
EMVCo is collectively owned by American Express, Discover, JCB, Mastercard, UnionPay and Visa, and focuses on the technical advancement of the EMV Specifications. To provide all payment stakeholders with a platform to engage in its strategic and technical direction, EMVCo operates an Associates Programme and encourages all interested parties to get involved.
About Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
CA-ANDERSEN-TAX23.8.2019 14:18:12 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Andersen Global debuterer i Colombia
KERING23.8.2019 09:49:11 CEST | Press release
32 Leading Global Fashion and Textile Companies Make Commitments on Climate, Biodiversity and Oceans
BITFLYER23.8.2019 07:02:02 CEST | Press release
Ethereum (ETH) Now Available on bitFlyer Buy/Sell
STALICLA23.8.2019 02:02:11 CEST | Press release
STALICLA Announces Completion of pre-IND Meeting With FDA on STP1 for Subgroup of Patients With Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
NV-RIMINI-STREET,-INC.23.8.2019 00:02:07 CEST | Press release
San Fang Chemical Switches to Rimini Street Support for its Oracle EBS and Oracle Database Software
GRAVITY-INTERACTIVE22.8.2019 17:48:03 CEST | Press release
Gravity Unveils its Future Plans During Gamescom 2019
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom