eGain Corporation :Consumers Say No to Chatbot Silos in US and UK Survey
SUNNYVALE, Calif. and NEWBURY, United Kingdom, Feb. 07, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- eGain (NASDAQ:EGAN), the leading provider of cloud-based customer engagement solutions, today announced that chatbot silos are the biggest hurdle for consumers in using virtual assistants. The finding is from an independent survey of 3,000 consumers, conducted by Chatbots.org.
Established in 2008, Chatbots.org is a global community devoted to the promotion of AI for business and societal value. The organization collaborates with businesses and academic institutions, sharing new developments in AI technologies such as chatbots and reasoning, and propagating best practices in leveraging them.
Sponsored by eGain, the research was conducted by Chatbots.org in Q4 calendar 2017 across the US and the UK, using SurveyMonkey(TM). Responses were compiled from 3,000 consumers who had used a chatbot for customer service in the prior 12 months. Key findings and corresponding viewpoints from Chatbots.org and eGain are:
- 59% of respondents (62% in the US and 55% in the UK) found that having to repeat information and context to a human agent in the event of escalation from chatbots was the biggest hassle by far in using virtual assistants1 . Not surprisingly, this is a result of chatbot deployments that are completely disconnected from agent-assisted touchpoints.
- The second biggest deterrent at 32% (29% US and 37% UK) was chatbots "getting stuck and not knowing what to do next." This is a common problem that arises from a lack of focus on knowledge management to empower chatbots.
- 53% of the consumers surveyed (54% US and 52% UK) found chatbots to be "not effective" or only "somewhat effective." US consumers were harsher in their assessment of chatbots with 14% rating them as not effective versus only 5% of UK consumers. This is perhaps an indication that US consumers are challenging chatbots with more complex questions than UK consumers.
- Younger consumers thought that chatbots were more effective-where 22% of Generation Z and 15% of millennials rated them as "very effective," only 12% of boomers and the silent generation gave them the same rating. This is likely due to the positive attitude that digitally savvy Gen Z and millennial consumers have towards chatbots.
- Consumers with higher education found chatbots to be twice as ineffective as the less educated consumers did-13% of respondents with undergraduate or graduate degrees rated chatbots as "not effective" versus 7% of those with high school diplomas or incomplete high school education. This could be because educated consumers challenge chatbots to resolve more complex service problems.
"We wanted to understand the barriers consumers face in using chatbots in order to promote their adoption," said Erwin van Lun, CEO and founder of Chatbots.org. "The survey findings will help technology providers improve their offerings while helping businesses select and deploy chatbots the right way to make it easy for consumers."
"eGain is a pioneer in chatbot and AI technology with over 20 years of experience in the domain," said Ashu Roy, eGain CEO. "The survey validates our vision of unifying chatbots and other touchpoints through a customer engagement hub to enable seamless, omnichannel customer service journeys."
An infographic containing key findings can be downloaded at http://www.egain.com/resources/egain-chatbot-survey-2018/ .
To learn more about eGain Virtual Assistant and other AI knowledge solutions, visit:
Chatbots.org is an international platform for vendors, users and developers of chatbots for customer service, e-commerce and marketing. Erwin van Lun, CEO of Chatbots.org, founded the community after he predicted that chatbots will gradually become the #1 customer communication channel for brands in his (Dutch) book 'Van Massamerk naar Mensmerk' in 2005. He has given over a hundred speeches in eight countries since.
eGain customer engagement solutions power digital transformation for leading brands. Our top-rated cloud applications for social, mobile, web, and contact centers help clients deliver connected customer journeys in an omnichannel world. To find out more about eGain, visit http://www.egain.com .
eGain, the eGain logo, and all other eGain product names and slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of eGain Corp. in the United States and/or other countries. All other company names and products mentioned in this release may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies.
eGain media contact
ZingPR on behalf of eGain
Phone: +44 (0)1635 800087, Ext. 5118
1 Consumers were asked to select up to two hurdles.
Information om Globenewswire
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Globenewswire
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Globenewswire
David Crosby18.7.2018 18:06 | pressemeddelelse
David Crosby Announces Intent to License His Name to the Cannabis Industry
Seaborn Networks18.7.2018 17:02 | pressemeddelelse
Telecom Argentina's landing station and backhaul are selected for ARBR submarine cable system between Argentina & Brazil
Mitratech18.7.2018 15:04 | pressemeddelelse
Salim Ismail Announced as Keynote Speaker at Mitratech's Interact 2018 Conference
Taconic Biosciences18.7.2018 14:03 | pressemeddelelse
Taconic Biosciences and Cyagen Biosciences Announce Strategic Partnership
SEMAFO Inc.18.7.2018 13:02 | pressemeddelelse
SEMAFO Provides Notice of Second Quarter 2018 Results Release and Conference Call
GridGain Systems18.7.2018 09:03 | pressemeddelelse
GridGain® Continues In-Memory Computing Industry Leadership in 2018
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum