Johns Manville Releases 2016/2017 Sustainability Report
Johns Manville (JM), a leading global manufacturer of energy-efficient building products and engineered specialty materials and a Berkshire Hathaway company, released its 2016/2017 Sustainability Report today. JM’s sixth report communicates its commitment to core values, sustainability and conducting business in ways that balance the needs of stakeholders as well as the environment. The report is available at www.jm.com/sustainability .
Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer Mary Rhinehart said a sustainability mindset has been key to JM’s longevity, which is particularly significant as the company celebrates its 160th anniversary in 2018.
“I am proud of the progress we have made since our founders established JM 160 years ago. This company has stood the test of time with fortitude and vision,” said Rhinehart. “Guided by our core values – People, Passion, Perform and Protect – we will continue to embrace opportunities to grow in a sustainable manner. I am confident we will thrive as the Employer and Supplier of Choice for many years to come.”
Vice President of R&D and Chief Sustainability Officer Tim Swales stressed the important role that companies play in creating a more sustainable world. The 2016/2017 report reaffirms JM’s commitment to sustainable development, he said.
“On a global scale, JM has the capital and the scientific and engineering expertise to help address some of society’s most complex issues, like energy efficiency and lifecycle durability,” said Swales. “We will continue to take a business approach to sustainability that creates long-term value for our stakeholders – one that also helps JM to become even more productive, innovative and competitive.”
Significant accomplishments outlined in the 2016/2017 report include:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emission intensity by 2.5 percent.
- Attaining JM’s goal three years early to implement environmental management systems in 100 percent of North American and European plants.
- Developing product category Environmental Product Declarations for JM’s HVAC, original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and mechanical insulation materials.
- Completing an extensive water survey to better understand local water source vulnerability at JM’s plants in the U.S. and around the world.
- Investing approximately $2 billion over the past 10 years to make JM more productive, safe, innovative and sustainable.
- Increasing customer value by developing sustainable new products and technologies for insulation and lightweighting.
- Decreasing JM’s lost time incident rate by more than 50 percent from 2016 to 2017.
- Promoting employee wellbeing with 52 percent of U.S. employees participating in on-site biometric screening events.
Community Investment and Volunteerism
- Achieving JM’s community service and volunteerism goals three years early.
- Inspiring 27 percent more volunteers to give 34 percent more volunteer hours while participating in 60 percent more volunteer projects over our 2015 baseline.
The 2016/2017 report was developed “in accordance” with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Guidelines Core option and has undergone review by GRI’s Materiality Disclosures Service to confirm the correctness of the locations of the G4 Guidelines Materiality Disclosures.
About Johns Manville
Johns Manville, a Berkshire Hathaway company (NYSE: BRK.A, BRK.B), is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality products for building insulation, mechanical insulation, commercial roofing, and roof insulation, as well as fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. JM serves markets that include aerospace, automotive and transportation, air handling, appliance, HVAC, pipe and equipment, filtration, waterproofing, building, flooring, interiors and wind energy. In business since 1858, the Denver-based company has annual sales of approximately $3 billion and holds leadership positions in all of the key markets that it serves. JM employs approximately 7,500 people and operates 43 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and China. Additional information can be found at www.jm.com .
Holly Leiker, 303-978-2042
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her, og modtag pressemeddelelser på e-mail. Indtast din e-mail, klik på abonner, og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte e-mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
PA-KNOPP-BIOSCIENCES24.5.2019 16:02:05 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Knopp Biosciences Presents Positive Preclinical Data for Lead Neonatal Epilepsy Drug Candidate at 2019 Antiepileptic Drug and Device Trials XV Conference
NIPA24.5.2019 12:22:09 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Accelerate Your Business in South Korea Through 2019 K-Startup Grand Challenge
IPSEN24.5.2019 07:02:07 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
New Investigational Clinical Data for Ipsen’s Oncology Products in 11 Solid Tumor Types to Be Presented at 2019 ASCO Annual Meeting
POSIFLEX-GROUP24.5.2019 03:02:05 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
The Posiflex Group Showcases an Ecosystem of Connected Solution Endpoints with IoT Remote Monitoring at Computex 2019
CA-ANDERSEN-TAX23.5.2019 22:49:12 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Andersen Global udvider lokaliteter i Storbritannien
VA-CTA23.5.2019 22:02:10 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Audi China President Thomas Owsianski to Keynote at CES Asia 2019
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter samt finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum