CSG Drives Monetization Opportunities in 5G Networks
As new digital services are deployed to help communications service providers (CSPs) drive innovation, 5G core networks are becoming a necessity to enable true service differentiation. This need is quickly becoming realized, with two-thirds of organizations1 planning to deploy 5G by the end of next year. Not only will CSPs be expected to deliver a fully functional 5G network to meet end-user demand, but success will lie in the ability to provide innovative digital services and to fully monetize their 5G infrastructure investment.
Today, CSG announced the availability of its new 5G Dynamic Charging Function, designed to help CSPs optimize their strategy to not only deliver the value of 5G networks to customers, but also to optimize for sustainable growth in the digital economy. This new capability fulfils the roles of both the 5G Charging Function (CHF) and the Charging Gateway Function (CGF), providing offline and online mediation functionality in a single platform, while managing the complexity of all interfaces between the network and the BSS functions.
“The revenue potential resulting from the deployment of 5G networks should not be underestimated,” said Chad Dunavant, global head of product management, CSG. “But the next generation of business, from 5G to the Internet of Things, requires fundamentally new businesses models. The CSG 5G Dynamic Charging Function gives CSPs the foundation they need to capitalize and monetize on complete industry transformation.”
The CSG 5G Dynamic Charging solution enables operators to:
- Drive service differentiation : Facilitate the monetization of network slicing, enabling charging of tenants and differentiated services by charging in-slice and across slices.
- Minimize risk and disruption to existing systems : Provides a cost effective and efficient way for service providers to seize the 5G opportunity.
- Elastically scale : Automatically scale up to process large charging volumes and down when traffic subsides to optimize infrastructure costs.
- Deliver unparalleled capacity : Process millions of transactions a second with low cost infrastructure to deploy.
- Automate operations : With intelligent tools for diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Support critical services : Single-digit latencies for real-time online charging transactions.
- Be vendor independent : Support network functions and OSS/BSS systems from any vendor. Eliminates network equipment provider siloes.
- Preserve existing investments : Seamlessly manage the integration of service-based interfaces to existing online charging system interfaces for faster time to market.
With hundreds of global installations, CSG has one of the most trusted mediation and transaction management solutions in the world. CSG supports mediation across any domain, across all mediation functions, for all deployment approaches. The solution captures and processes customer usage events of all kinds from any service delivery network for industry leaders in digital communications and media, financial services, logistics and government.
For more information on how to effectively monetize 5G, download the latest CSG whitepaper here .
CSG (NASDAQ: CSGS) is a provider of software and services that help companies around the world monetize and digitally enable the customer experience. For more than 35 years, CSG has simplified the complexity of business, providing revenue management and digital monetization, payments, and customer engagement solutions to help our customers tackle any business challenge and thrive in an ever-changing marketplace.
Operating across more than 120 countries worldwide, CSG manages billions of critical customer interactions annually. CSG is the trusted partner driving digital innovation for hundreds of leading global brands, including Arrow Electronics, AT&T, Charter Communications, Comcast, DISH, Eastlink, Formula One, iflix, MTN and Telstra.
About Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
UT-GN-CORPORATION15.8.2020 08:02:06 CEST | Press release
Researcher John Craig Venter Is Awarded the 2020 Edogawa-NICHE Prize for His Accomplishment in Human Genome Research
CA-ANDERSEN-GLOBAL14.8.2020 10:39:11 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Andersen Global fortsætter afrikansk ekspansion på nøglemarkeder; Debuterer i Mali
MI-EATON13.8.2020 23:53:04 CEST | Press release
Eaton Launches New Line of Wireless Mobile Control Solutions for Heavy Machinery and Field Operations
NY-IFF13.8.2020 22:17:11 CEST | Press release
IFF to Hold Virtual Special Meeting of Shareholders on August 27
MA-PTC13.8.2020 22:02:11 CEST | Press release
PTC Makes Enterprise Version of Onshape Education Suite Available Free of Charge
CA-DELTATRAK,-INC.13.8.2020 18:02:14 CEST | Press release
DeltaTrak Enhances Its Cold Chain Restart Program to Help Customers Battle COVID-19
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom