The Cercle Des Economistes Issues Declaration for More Peaceful Dialog in the World
After three days of debates with 250 international speakers, the 18th Rencontres Economiques d’Aix en Provence concluded today with the “Declaration of Proposals” from the Cercle des Economistes .
In terms of technology, migration, environment, identity and geostrategy, the world has undergone many metamorphoses over time. But now these changes are mutually reinforcing each other to create a disruption with the past, leading to abandonment of global governance for resolving conflicts.
The Cercle considers it urgent:
- To launch a Multilateral Alliance of countries to maintain a global dialog . Also, the World Trade Organization system should be made more effective – especially its Dispute Settlement Body -- and guarantee the participation of emerging countries.
- Rebuild Europe around its founding values with those who share them while preserving its economic and financial basis. Also, monitor aide for those losing from globalization and revise and reinforce European competition policy, especially in the technology sector.
- Establish a strategy for welcoming asylum seekers, creating dedicated places for them in Europe but also on the African continent, with the latter co-managed by Europe and Africa. Massive investments should be made to integrate asylum seekers in the labor market, and a European asylum process should be created within a group of volunteering countries.
- Initiate a 10-year Euro-African infrastructure financing plan involving water, energy and training, and provide the African continent with the structures needed to manage significant financial flows. Also, ensure trade and tariff protection for African agriculture.
- Re-create social cohesion in France through diversity and social mobility policies.
About Le Cercle des Economistes
Founded in Paris in 1992, the Cercle brings together 30 economists who are experts in a wide variety of fields. It aims to create a public debate, through publications and events such as Les Rencontres Économiques in Aix, Singapore, Dakar and Casablanca.
About Les Rencontres Economiques d’Aix en Provence
Created in 2001 by Le Cercle des Economistes , the Rencontres Économiques d’Aix have become an unrivaled meeting place for current economic thought from France, Europe and the world. Free and open to the public., the 2018 edition ran from July 6 – 8, 2018, and focused on the theme of “The World’s Metamorphoses.”
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her og modtag pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
CT-ISAF-MANAGEMENT21.11.2018 00:02 | Pressemeddelelse
Prominent Coalition of World Class International and Danish Law Firms and ISAF Management Company Proceed with Investor Lawsuit against Danske Bank
UAE-MINISTRY-OF-INTERIOR20.11.2018 23:30 | Pressemeddelelse
Saif bin Zayed Witnesses Endorsement of Abu Dhabi Declaration by Religious Leaders at Wahat Al Karama
NY-GUY-CARPENTER20.11.2018 18:48 | Pressemeddelelse
Guy Carpenter Names Ross Howard Vice Chairman
IDEMIA20.11.2018 18:33 | Pressemeddelelse
IDEMIA Will Present Its 2018 Quarterly Financial Results to Investors on November 21, 2018
OCP-S.A.20.11.2018 18:02 | Pressemeddelelse
OCP Announces Date of Third Quarter 2018 Earnings
ARCH-INSURANCE20.11.2018 16:52 | Pressemeddelelse
Arch Insurance Announces Strategic Leadership Changes
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum