The Cercle Des Economistes Issues Declaration for More Peaceful Dialog in the World
After three days of debates with 250 international speakers, the 18th Rencontres Economiques d’Aix en Provence concluded today with the “Declaration of Proposals” from the Cercle des Economistes .
In terms of technology, migration, environment, identity and geostrategy, the world has undergone many metamorphoses over time. But now these changes are mutually reinforcing each other to create a disruption with the past, leading to abandonment of global governance for resolving conflicts.
The Cercle considers it urgent:
- To launch a Multilateral Alliance of countries to maintain a global dialog . Also, the World Trade Organization system should be made more effective – especially its Dispute Settlement Body -- and guarantee the participation of emerging countries.
- Rebuild Europe around its founding values with those who share them while preserving its economic and financial basis. Also, monitor aide for those losing from globalization and revise and reinforce European competition policy, especially in the technology sector.
- Establish a strategy for welcoming asylum seekers, creating dedicated places for them in Europe but also on the African continent, with the latter co-managed by Europe and Africa. Massive investments should be made to integrate asylum seekers in the labor market, and a European asylum process should be created within a group of volunteering countries.
- Initiate a 10-year Euro-African infrastructure financing plan involving water, energy and training, and provide the African continent with the structures needed to manage significant financial flows. Also, ensure trade and tariff protection for African agriculture.
- Re-create social cohesion in France through diversity and social mobility policies.
About Le Cercle des Economistes
Founded in Paris in 1992, the Cercle brings together 30 economists who are experts in a wide variety of fields. It aims to create a public debate, through publications and events such as Les Rencontres Économiques in Aix, Singapore, Dakar and Casablanca.
About Les Rencontres Economiques d’Aix en Provence
Created in 2001 by Le Cercle des Economistes , the Rencontres Économiques d’Aix have become an unrivaled meeting place for current economic thought from France, Europe and the world. Free and open to the public., the 2018 edition ran from July 6 – 8, 2018, and focused on the theme of “The World’s Metamorphoses.”
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skriv dig op her, og modtag pressemeddelelser på e-mail. Indtast din e-mail, klik på abonner, og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte e-mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
CA-C3.AI20.6.2019 23:18:11 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
C3.ai Named a Leader in Worldwide Industrial IoT Platforms for Energy by IDC MarketScape
MA-HOLOGIC-INC20.6.2019 22:03:06 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Hologic Enters into Exclusive Negotiations to Acquire SuperSonic Imagine, French Ultrasound Innovator
MA-PTC20.6.2019 19:56:09 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Digital Transformation Gets Bigger, Better, Bolder at LiveWorx’19
INSERT-ARCH20.6.2019 18:49:05 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
INSERTING and REPLACING Arch Capital Group Names Seamus Fearon EVP, Credit Risk Transfer and Services, Global Mortgage Group
BIOLOG-ID20.6.2019 17:37:11 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
The “Centre Hospitalier de la Côte Basque” in France Has Started the Evaluation of the Biolog-id’s C-LOG® Solution
DE-CSC20.6.2019 17:02:09 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
CSC Announces Cyber Security Findings for the Media Industry
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter samt finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum