The Venture Reality Fund Releases the First European Virtual Reality Landscape in Partnership with LucidWeb
Silicon Valley-based venture firm The Venture Reality Fund (The VR Fund) today released its first-ever European virtual reality (VR) landscape, featuring dozens of companies developing infrastructure, tools/platforms and/or apps for the booming ecosystem. The landscape was created in partnership with LucidWeb , the French VR and WebVR consulting and development agency, to depict the growth in the ecosystem, increased investment and growing international impact.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170207005665/en/
The European VR landscape is based on extensive research and information gathered during meetings and calls with regional VR ambassadors across Europe. Close to 300 VR startups were identified and reviewed, of which 116 were selected to be part of the first release of the VR Landscape Europe.
“We chose to partner with LucidWeb as they have a strong database of top VR startups in Europe and valuable familiarity with the European ecosystem,” says Tipatat Chennavasin, co-founder and general partner at The Venture Reality Fund. “These landscapes are a visual representation of our commitment to education and growth of the industry.”
Highlights from the European VR landscape include:
- The VR gaming industry remains the most competitive space with well-funded companies including CCP Games (Iceland), nDreams (United Kingdom), Resolution Games (Sweden) and Solfar Studios (Iceland).
- User input technology, focused on interactions in VR by brain (BCI), body, eye, feet and hand, has many premium players, such as the Swiss-based company Mindmaze that raised $100 million, the largest amount raised in one round by any European VR company.
- Reality capture concentrated on 360° video hardware, 360° video software and next generation technology (photogrammetry), is prominent with two French-based companies, VideoStitch and Giroptic, at the forefront.
- Enterprise is gaining traction with real estate VR generating significant additional revenue for online agencies across Europe. Swedish-based Diakrit and Dutch company TheConstruct are two companies leading the charge.
- French company Homido, Mindmaze and Swedish-based company Starbreeze are the most advanced hardware companies developing a mobile Head Mounted Display (HMD) or tethered HMD.
- Companies in post-production of VR are developing 3D tools, which leading American software companies have acquired over the past two years: Google acquired Irish Thrive Audio; Facebook acquired Scotland-based Two Big Ears; and Snapchat acquired London-based Seen/Obvious Engineering.
- Healthcare and fitness companies are utilizing VR for medical training, mental treatments (anxiety, Asperger’s syndrome) and physical rehabilitation. Spanish-based Psious and Amsterdam-based MDLinking are two companies to watch in this category.
- More than half of the companies included in the landscape are based in United Kingdom, France, Germany and Sweden.
- France is taking the lead in VR in continental Europe.
“The VR industry is booming and not just in the US or Asia. The old continent has known a slower start, but definitely got up to speed during the past two years,” says Leen Segers, co-founder and CEO at LucidWeb. “The VR gaming segment remains the most competitive space, but is surely challenged by a large number of companies focusing on user input or 3D tools. We feel very excited for the future as we see local and international investors are clearly investing in these segments, too.”
|The VR Fund European Landscape in collaboration with LucidWeb|
|BBC Taster, Bossa Studios, Climax Studios, Coatsink, Curiscope, Framestore, Future Lighthouse, Hammerhead VR, Immersive Rehab, Immersive VR Education, Improbable, Medical Realities, Mel Science, NCTech Imaging, nDreams, Neurable, SkyVR, Sony London Studios, Starship Group (vTime), Tammeka, The Foundry, Thomas Cook, Ultrahaptics, Ustwoo, Virzoom, Zero Light||Finland (3)||Nokia, Umbra, Vizor|
|France (19)||3D Rudder, Archos, Arte360, Giroptic, Holodia, Homido, Immersion, Innerspace, LucidWeb, MiddleVR, Okio, Revinax, Simforheatlh, TechViz, Teemew, Ubisoft, Unimersiv, V-cult, Videostitch/Orah||
|Keen VR, Solirax, Sphericam|
|Germany (11)||Crytek, Fraunhouser IPK, Gestigon, Inflight VR, realities.io, Sennheiser, SMI, Splash, Vire, WearVR, Zeiss||Belgium (2)||Around Media, Mimesys|
|Sweden (9)||Diakrit, Manomotion, Mojang, Resolution games, Starbreeze, Svrvive, Thinglink, Tobii, UniVrses||Austria (2)||Cyberith, Red Bull Media|
|Forcefield VR, Headjack, Manus Machina, MDLinking, Smart2VR, TheConstruct||Norway (2)||Making View, The Moon|
|Russia (6)||3DiVi, Agisoft Photoscan, Cerevrum, Fibrum, Gaijn Entertainment, Luden.io||Estonia (2)||Criffin, Wolfprint|
|Iceland (4)||Aldin Dynamics, Breakroom/MureVR, CCP Games, Solfar Studios||Denmark (2)||Labster, Unity 3D|
|Switzerland (3)||Casino VR, Mindmaze, Virtamed||Croatia (2)||Croteam, Spacesys|
|Spain (3)||ImmersiON-VRelia, NeuroDigital Technologies, Psious||Ireland (2)||Artomatix, Immersive VR Education|
|Italy (3)||inVRsion, Oniride, Remoria||Latvia (2)||Giraffe360, Vividly|
|Belarus : MMone; Hungary : Zlense; Slovakia : Capturing Reality; Poland : Shapespark|
The VR Fund releases updated VR and AR industry landscapes quarterly, which can be found under the Resources tab of The Venture Reality Fund’s site.
About The Venture Reality Fund
The Venture Reality Fund (The VR Fund) is a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm focused on early-stage investments in the virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and mixed reality (MR) spaces. As a founding member of the Virtual Reality Venture Capital Alliance (VRVCA), The VR Fund invests globally in innovative companies across a wide variety of sectors from infrastructure and development tools to content and applications, to help entrepreneurs bring industry-defining technology to market faster.
LucidWeb is a VR and WebVR consulting and software development company. LucidWeb offers consulting services (inspirational and/or technical ateliers), next to offering a premium distribution platform based upon the WebVR technology called "reVeRies Pro", targeting content creators/publishers/enterprises. LucidWeb combines 15 years of European business expertise and technical know-how. The company uses this accumulated experience to pioneer and push the boundaries of (commercial) virtual reality.
For more information, please visit LucidWeb.io , like LucidWeb on Facebook and follow on Twitter .
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skrive dig op her og du vil løbende modtage pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
TAN-DELTA23.11.2017 14:40 | pressemeddelelse
Tan Delta: New Oil Condition Monitoring Kit for Gas Engine Operators Reduces Daily Operating Costs, Improves Equipment Efficiency and Extends Equipment Life.
INSTITUT-CURIE23.11.2017 14:02 | pressemeddelelse
Making Institut Curie a Reference for Technology Transfer in Oncology
WEALTH-DYNAMIX23.11.2017 09:02 | pressemeddelelse
Wealth Dynamix (WDX) Ranks No.18 in the 2017 Tech Track 100 by the Sunday Times and 19th Fastest Growing Technology Company in the UK in the 2017 Deloitte Technology Fast 50
MOBIDIAG-LTD23.11.2017 08:02 | pressemeddelelse
Mobidiag Signs Agreement with Interlux for the Distribution of Amplidiag® Diagnostic Tests and Instruments in Estonia
OCP-S.A.22.11.2017 18:01 | pressemeddelelse
OCP Announces Date of 2017 Third Quarter and Nine Month Results
TATA-MOTORS22.11.2017 15:48 | pressemeddelelse
Tata Motors Charts Out 'Connecting Aspirations' As Its New Corporate Brand Identity in Global Markets
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum