Theorem, LLC Launches Theorem Orbital, a New Division Providing an End-to-End Suite of Space and Satellite Logistics Services
Theorem, LLC , an innovation and engineering firm that builds custom enterprise software for the world’s most admired brands, today launched Theorem Orbital , a new division focused on end-to-end space logistics and enablement for the Global 2000.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210804005393/en/
“Today, only 100 of the Global 2000 have active space programs, but that number will increase tenfold over the next decade,” said Brady Brim-DeForest, CEO of Theorem. “The space industry can seem intimidating and hard to navigate — we are here to help make navigating it easy and transparent.”
While recent space-related startups have focused primarily on delivering launch-side capability, other aspects of the space industry are experiencing significant growth , and game-changing opportunities have become within reach for even those who have made minimal investments to date. These include bespoke satellite programs focused on activities like earth observation, remote sensing, and satellite-enabled communications and connectivity.
Theorem Orbital will leverage its direct relationships with space launch providers, prime contractors and suppliers, universities, and NGOs, allowing for a wide range of services tailored to clients expanding their existing footprint, or building a space strategy from the ground up. Theorem Orbital’s preferred providers for launch services and space-based data today include Rocket Lab , Virgin Orbit , Firefly Aerospace , and Satellogic .
“Our partnership with Theorem will help further our mission of democratizing access to Earth Observation data,” said Thomas VanMatre, Satellogic’s Vice President of Global Business Development. “The combination of Theorem’s world-class software innovation and engineering capabilities and Satellogic’s unit cost advantage will unlock a multitude of use cases for the commercial market.”
As part of its commitment to opening up access to space as a strategic resource for the enterprise, mid-market, and academic markets, Theorem is also announcing a strategic investment into bluShift Aerospace , the Brunswick, Maine based maker of the Starless Rogue launch platform that is designed to enable a low barrier to entry for a diverse collection of payloads into the suborbital space ecosystem.
"bluShift’s approach to developing cost-effective and sustainable next-generation rocket technology will open up space to new markets," said Sascha Deri, CEO of bluShift Aerospace. "We feel that our mission and philosophy are well aligned with Theorem Orbital's commitment to lowering the barrier to entry for companies beginning to leverage space-based infrastructure in their mid and long-term strategic plans. We're pleased to welcome them as an investor, and excited to collaborate on uncovering opportunities to accelerate the adoption of bluShift capabilities within the enterprise market."
At launch, Theorem Orbital’s initial suite of services will include:
- Satellite Data & Connectivity Strategy and Planning - Strategy services designed to enable clients to leverage data and connectivity generated by existing satellite infrastructure, as well as planning for proprietary constellations.
- Advanced-Data Analysis - Real-time satellite imagery and remote communication networks are shifting how construction, agriculture, real estate, retail, travel, and mining industries run their daily operations, quarterly planning, risk management, insurance negotiations, and other major drivers of their bottom line. Data providers like Satellogic are opening new use cases daily — Theorem Orbital can help clients make the most of this rapidly evolving field.
- Software Platform Development - Theorem Orbital designs and builds advanced proprietary software platforms that bring together advanced space-based data sources with existing internal enterprise data and systems.
- Hardware Development - Theorem Orbital can assist clients in utilizing Satellogic’s unique hosted payload program to rapidly prototype and fly proprietary and commercial off-the-shelf sensors to meet client requirements.
- Internet-in-Space - Theorem Orbital can assist clients in establishing their own IoT communications network in space including the design and launch of bespoke constellations through preferred launch providers.
- Launch - Theorem Orbital partners with preferred providers — including Virgin Orbit, Rocket Lab, SpaceX, and more — in order to enable the launch of custom payloads into low-earth and near-earth orbit.
“The cost of putting satellites into space has been dramatically reduced due to the innovations from launch providers such as SpaceX, Rocket Lab, and others,” said Nicolas Spurlock, Director of Corporate Strategy at Theorem. “Now is the time for large enterprises to invest in building their own space-based infrastructure and gain an advantage in the new Space 2.0 era.”
Start charting your course to space by learning more at theoremorbital.com .
Theorem, LLC is an innovation and engineering firm that builds custom software for companies making bold bets to stay ahead. Through research, lean design, and agile delivery, we make great user experiences accessible to the enterprise. Founded in 2007, Theorem’s global cross-functional product development teams drive technology, process, and cultural transformation. To learn more about how we enable ambitious leaders to build better software, visit www.theorem.co or follow @TheoremCo .
About Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Subscribe to releases from Business Wire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Business Wire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Business Wire
CEDO20.9.2021 09:02:14 CEST | Press release
Cedo Reveals Roadmap for Sustainable Business Growth
CELLTRION-HEALTHCARE18.9.2021 15:36:17 CEST | Press release
Celltrion’s monoclonal antibody treatment for COVID-19, regdanvimab (CT-P59) becomes the first authorized COVID-19 treatment approved from the Korean Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS)
IPSEN18.9.2021 06:32:11 CEST | Press release
Ipsen: ESMO 2021: Cabometyx® Demonstrates Sustained 78% Reduction in Risk of Disease Progression or Death in People Living With Uncommon Form of Thyroid Cancer
IN-UNIFRAX17.9.2021 20:48:10 CEST | Press release
Unifrax Hosts Groundbreaking Ceremony for SiFAB™ Manufacturing Line
THE-EARTHSHOT-PRIZE17.9.2021 19:03:10 CEST | Press release
Prince William announces 15 Finalists for inaugural year of the £50 million Earthshot Prize
NY-WIPRO-LIMITED17.9.2021 15:34:05 CEST | Press release
Wipro Announces Co-innovation Space with Google Cloud
CA-ZYNGA17.9.2021 15:02:11 CEST | Press release
Zynga Announces ReVamp, the First Multiplayer Social Deception Game For Snapchat
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom