Limelight Networks Assists Over-the-Top Video Providers to Accelerate Business Adoption and Development
As consumers rapidly shift their video viewing to over-the-top (OTT) content, new and traditional media companies are grappling with attracting and retaining viewers, complex video delivery workflows, rapid traffic growth, diverse monetization models and performance challenges. Limelight Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq:LLNW), a global leader in digital content delivery, today announced cost effective bundled services aimed at helping OTT providers address these challenges and achieve their business goals.
To help providers further reduce upfront migration costs, Limelight is providing new customers up to 500TB of free storage and 100TB of free content delivery network (CDN) traffic. Details are available here .
Demand for OTT content is growing and so are viewers’ expectations. In just one year the number of people reporting they watch seven or more hours of online video rose from 22 percent to 31 percent and the quality of the delivery experience increased in importance according to Limelight’s bi-annual “The State of Online Video ” research report. To add to the complexity, consumers watch video on a wider range of Internet connected devices that require diverse video formats.
Tightly integrated with Limelight’s global, high-performance CDN, the company’s video delivery services simplify the delivery of OTT content and ensure high quality viewing experiences on a wide range of devices worldwide. The cloud-based suite of services include:
- High performance cloud storage – Limelight’s distributed storage, consistently ranked by independent monitoring firm Cedexis as one of the highest performing globally, helps OTT providers reduce latency and provide the best quality experience to their viewers.
- Automated video conversion – Multi-Device Media Distribution (MMD), a cloud-based service, automatically converts single ingest streams and files to chunked video formats at multiple bitrates, delivering the optimum viewing experience for those devices.
- Comprehensive security – A broad suite of security capabilities enables OTT providers to protect video assets, secure users’ data and video traffic, control access to video content, restrict usage and counter piracy.
- Self-service user interface – Limelight’s Control portal provides access to intuitive configuration capabilities, dashboards and performance reports, enabling OTT providers to react quickly to changing market conditions.
- Near instant purge capabilities – Award-winning SmartPurge rapidly removes incorrect or outdated content from cache, preventing viewers from accessing files even as they are being removed from the global network.
All of Limelight’s video delivery services are managed by a world-class 24/7 Network Operations Center and OTT customers are provided unrestricted access to 24/7 live technical support with in-region language support for key languages.
“In the rapidly developing OTT market, we enable our customers to focus on their core business. We provide the tools and infrastructure to securely manage and globally deliver content over our world class network giving end users the highest quality viewing experience,” said George Vonderhaar, chief sales officer, Limelight Networks. “Many of the largest participants in the industry rely on Limelight Networks for our global scale, reliable performance, industry leading throughput and years of experience to support their businesses.”
Limelight Networks, a global leader in digital content delivery, empowers customers to better engage online audiences by enabling them to securely manage and globally deliver digital content, on any device. The company’s award winning Limelight Orchestrate™ platform includes an integrated suite of content delivery technology and services that helps organizations secure digital content, deliver exceptional multi-screen experiences, improve brand awareness, drive revenue, and enhance customer relationships — all while reducing costs. For more information, please visit www.limelight.com , read our blog , follow us on Twitter , Facebook and LinkedIn and be sure to visit Limelight Connect .
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skrive dig op her og du vil løbende modtage pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
CELLTRION15.12.2017 23:15 | pressemeddelelse
Celltrion Receives Positive CHMP Opinion for Herzuma® for Trastuzumab Biosimilar
TAKEDA15.12.2017 13:36 | pressemeddelelse
Takeda and TiGenix announce that Cx601 (darvadstrocel) has received a positive CHMP opinion to treat complex perianal fistulas in Crohn’s disease
TWISPAY15.12.2017 13:23 | pressemeddelelse
Bitcoin Romania and Twispay Announce Integration Partnership Providing Users with the Ability to Purchase Bitcoin with Bank Cards
PEACE-FORUM15.12.2017 12:40 | pressemeddelelse
Upon Conclusion of the Fourth Annual Forum for Promoting Peace in Muslim Societies, Scholars and Intellectuals Visit the Louvre Abu Dhabi Museum
CA-KENNEDY-WILSON15.12.2017 12:02 | pressemeddelelse
Kennedy Wilson Acquires 124-Unit Northbank Apartments in Dublin, Ireland for €45 Million
NV-NAC-FOUNDATION15.12.2017 10:02 | pressemeddelelse
AML BitCoin Enters Phase II of ICO
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum