Axway Unveils Ten Predictions for the Digital Economy in 2016
Axway (Paris:AXW) (Euronext:AXW.PA), a market leader in governing the flow of data, today unveiled its top 10 IT predictions for 2016. Axway’s 2016 predictions focus on how organizations can enable digital business by improving operational efficiency, reimagining the customer experience and inventing new business models.
“In the digital economy, there are heightened expectations for what makes a delightful customer experience and this shift is forcing organizations to reengineer their developer and partner ecosystems, a trend we expect to accelerate in 2016,” said Jeanine Banks, EVP of Global Products and Solutions, Axway. “To survive, and ultimately to be successful, organizations will need a robust integration foundation that can bridge the physical and virtual worlds to connect people, businesses and things while unleashing actionable insights from data flows in real-time.”
Axway predicts organizations will see the following in 2016:
- Unpredictability Will Become a Core Competency: Increasing regulatory and competitive pressures are constantly creating a new business normal. Organizations will embrace unpredictability – the idea that there really is no normal – and leverage integration and analytics technology to rapidly innovate in new and unexpected ways.
- APIs Will Be as Pervasive as Electricity: Driven by the growth of cloud services, mobile devices and the Internet of Things, the adoption of APIs will be analogous to using electricity – it will not only be ubiquitous, but necessary to thrive in the digital economy. From both external use cases like linking cloud applications with on-premises systems to internal use cases where automation of processes in backend systems is required, organizations will speed up their use of APIs in order to keep pace with the innovation curve.
Context Will Define a Great User Experience:
With consumers in
the driving seat – thanks to digital technologies enabling them to
instantly buy anything from anyone and have it delivered anywhere –
organizations will have to be able to provide personalized,
omnichannel experiences that seamlessly transition physical and
virtual worlds. Data about consumer activity, behavior and buying
patterns, enriched by the social graph, will be summoned to tailor
each and every digital moment to consumer needs.
- Supply Chains Will Be Optimized for Digital Products and Currencies: With digital technologies dismantling traditional business value chains and fueling an ever-expanding supplier network, enterprises will invent new digital products and retailers will find new ways to apply loyalty programs that go far beyond simply collecting points. These new opportunities will be enabled by innovative digital business models that will empower new forms of connectivity and cooperation between business partners.
- Mobile Alone Will No Longer Drive Bolt-on Digital Strategies: Next year a mobile application will no longer, in and of itself, constitute a digital strategy. Organizations will focus on how they can fully embed digital technologies in order to move beyond functional efficiencies and enable entirely new business models. As organizations begin to think more holistically about digital, the focus will shift to digital enablement and how the underlying enterprise technology foundation can support digital connectivity, services and experiences.
- Microservices Hit the Enterprise, but with a Systematic Approach to Governance: The explosion of microservices architecture will force organizations to consider operational challenges. While the benefits are fueling demand – isolation of services for rapid, asynchronous and continuous delivery – enterprises will evolve their development methodologies and service operations to a DevOps approach.
- Banks Will Become Digital Disruptors : Banks will experiment with digital capabilities as customers look for new offerings. Fintech startups have made a lot of noise in the financial sector recently, and banks, traditionally viewed as slow moving and highly regulated, are adopting technologies such as APIs to power new functionality in the digital era. From blockchain technology to wearables, banks around the world will navigate global complexity to respond to startup disruptors.
- Cloud Computing Isn’t an All-Or-Nothing Strategy : Organizations fearful of moving entirely into the cloud will realize they don’t have to do so. The hybrid cloud will become the IT model of choice as CIOs choose to move only certain systems into the cloud while simultaneously adopting a variety of cloud native applications, such as ServiceNow, Salesforce and Workday.
- The Reality of a Digital Journey Will Set In : As enterprises attempt digital initiatives, they will encounter setbacks. Digital leaders will realize their ability to champion roadmaps consisting of focused projects with a measurable return in the boardroom is essential to their longevity. Yet, the most successful digital executives will drive the cutting edge of innovation by elegantly weaving together unique business models and experiences.
- Integration Ninjas Will Prevail: As the Internet of Things matures, mobile devices feeds instant gratification, Big Data becomes bigger and APIs proliferate, new ecosystems of developers and partners will form. From wearables to smart machines, companies in every industry will boost their mastery of integration and become capable of securely connecting anything to everything, removing borders between the physical and virtual world to reach the promised land of digital business.
To learn more about Axway’s products and solutions, visit: http://www.axway.com/products-solutions
Follow Axway on Twitter: @Axway
Axway (Euronext: AXW.PA), a market leader in governing the flow of data, is a global software company with more than 11,000 public- and private-sector customers in 100 countries.
For more than a decade, Axway has empowered leading organizations around the world with proven solutions that help manage business-critical interactions through the exchange of data flowing across the enterprise, among B2B communities, cloud and mobile devices. Our award-winning solutions span business-to-business integration, managed file transfer, operational intelligence, API and identity management, and email security– offered on premise and in the Cloud with professional and managed services. Axway is registered in France with headquarters in the United States and offices in 19 countries. www.axway.com
Blanc & Otus
Neil Desai, 415-856-5150
Information om Business Wire
101 California Street, 20th Floor
CA 94111 San Francisco
Følg pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
Skrive dig op her og du vil løbende modtage pressemeddelelser på mail. Indtast din mail, klik på abonner og følg instruktionerne i den udsendte mail.
Flere pressemeddelelser fra Business Wire
TAN-DELTA23.11.2017 14:40 | pressemeddelelse
Tan Delta: New Oil Condition Monitoring Kit for Gas Engine Operators Reduces Daily Operating Costs, Improves Equipment Efficiency and Extends Equipment Life.
INSTITUT-CURIE23.11.2017 14:02 | pressemeddelelse
Making Institut Curie a Reference for Technology Transfer in Oncology
WEALTH-DYNAMIX23.11.2017 09:02 | pressemeddelelse
Wealth Dynamix (WDX) Ranks No.18 in the 2017 Tech Track 100 by the Sunday Times and 19th Fastest Growing Technology Company in the UK in the 2017 Deloitte Technology Fast 50
MOBIDIAG-LTD23.11.2017 08:02 | pressemeddelelse
Mobidiag Signs Agreement with Interlux for the Distribution of Amplidiag® Diagnostic Tests and Instruments in Estonia
OCP-S.A.22.11.2017 18:01 | pressemeddelelse
OCP Announces Date of 2017 Third Quarter and Nine Month Results
TATA-MOTORS22.11.2017 15:48 | pressemeddelelse
Tata Motors Charts Out 'Connecting Aspirations' As Its New Corporate Brand Identity in Global Markets
I vores nyhedsrum kan du læse alle vores pressemeddelelser, tilgå materiale i form af billeder og dokumenter, og finde vores kontaktoplysninger.Besøg vores nyhedsrum