Astralis: Nicolai “dev1ce” Reedtz in transfer to NiP
Astralis and the legendary Swedish organization Ninjas in Pyjamas have agreed to a transfer of Nicolai “dev1ce” Reedtz.
The transfer is a result of a personal request from the player, who has expressed his wish to work out of Stockholm and still be able to have a team and organization close to him.
Kasper Hvidt, Director of Sports in Astralis:
- Nicolai has been a part of Astralis and the core of the team since day one, and he has been vital to the culture and legacy of the team. He is one of the greatest players of all time, and for any team to part ways with a player and a person like him is never easy in any way.
- His personality and contribution to Astralis, though, is also the reason why we have made the decision to help him out and arrange a transfer to NiP. For personal reasons he has asked us for the possibility to transfer to an organization closer to his home in Stockholm, and after lengthy talks, it became clear that this is what he felt is best for him. We immediately contacted NiP to see if there was any way we could come to an agreement of a transfer - and here we are.
- We could have insisted on keeping Nicolai until his contract expires in December, but when someone who has served the team the way he has, we will do our utmost to find a solution that satisfies both parties. The transfer agreement with NiP is such a solution, and while everybody in Astralis is sad to say goodbye to Nicolai, we are also happy that we have been able to accommodate his request in a way that compensates us and leaves us all in a good position going forward.
- On behalf of the entire Astralis organization, I wish Nicolai the best and thank him for his time, efforts, always positive contribution to our culture - and countless of unforgettable moments!
- Naturally, saying goodbye to a player like “dev1ce” will be a challenge short term, but changing players is part of the game and we are well prepared. We will see a strong Astralis team compete at the very top, and no matter how much we will miss him on the team, this transfer does not change neither our daily work, our ambitions or the strategy.
Nicolai “dev1ce” Reedtz:
- Astralis has been such a big part of my life, the team, and the organisation, and I say goodbye to a bunch of awesome teammates and great people in the organization, many of whom I am very close with.
- The past year with COVID and everything else associated has been incredibly tough for all of us, like so many people in so many careers. Living far from the office, not being able to meet your teammates, online and virtual training and playing from afar has been challenging. It has become clear, how much I miss having a team and an organization close to me, and for so many reasons the time simply feels right to change things up and find myself in all this.
- I would like to thank Astralis for their understanding and cooperation in all of this; I enter a project I truly believe in, and I am looking forward to finding the stability and good energy of having a more balanced work life. I can’t wait to get started with my new team and teammates!
- My time with Astralis, on the team, in the office, with the performance group and all the partners has been a key period in my life that I will always cherish. Primarily I want to thank all the fans for their support, it is impossible to say how significant they are to me, the team, the game, and the sport.
- Astralis will always be a part of me, and I look forward to meeting everybody again on and off the server.
The parties have agreed not to comment on financial details.
Nicolai “dev1ce” Reedtz has already had his last day in the Astralis, who will play with “gla1ve”, “Bubzkji”, “Xyp9x”, “Magisk” and “dupreeh” in the coming DreamHack Masters from April 29th.
Steen LaursenDirector of CommsTel:+email@example.com
Subscribe to releases from Astralis
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Astralis by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Astralis
Astralis, NiP og Nicolai “dev1ce” Reedtz enige om transferaftale23.4.2021 12:07:50 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Efter ønske fra spilleren selv er Astralis og den legendariske esportsorganisation Ninjas in Pyjamas er blevet enige om en transfer, der sender Nicolai ”dev1ce” Reedtz til NiP. ”dev1ce” bor lige som sin nye arbejdsgiver i Stockholm og skiftet kommer efter personligt ønske fra spilleren selv, som efter et hårdt år med online-arbejde på afstand håber at opnå større stabilitet og balance I forhold til sit arbejde og privatliv.
Astralis and HP extends and expands Commercial Partnership18.3.2021 10:59:14 CET | Press release
For the third time, Astralis and HP extends their Commercial Partnership and expand the agreement to include both the Counter-Strike and League of Legends teams, the already announced multi-purpose Flagship Store in central Copenhagen as well as other, yet to be announced, locations and facilities.
Astralis og HP forlænger og udvider stor sponsor-aftale18.3.2021 10:59:07 CET | Pressemeddelelse
Astralis Group og HP forlænger og udvider selskabernes sponsor- og samarbejdsaftale. Det er tredje gang partnerne forlænger den markante aftale, som denne gang udvides til at inkludere både Counter-Strike og League of Legends holdene, udstyr til den kommende to-etagers Astralis Flagship Store og gaming-center ved Tivoli i det centrale København, samt kommende Astralis faciliteter i Danmark og internationalt.
Trods Corona: Astralis Group i fortsat fremgang med et tilfredsstillende resultat for 202015.3.2021 10:30:41 CET | Pressemeddelelse
Astralis Group A/S har netop udsendt årsrapport for regnskabsåret 2020. Heri fremgår det, at årets resultat ligger indenfor selskabets egne forventninger med en markant fremgang i driftsresultatet, der ender på -14,5 millioner mod -22,7 millioner året før. Omsætningen er øget fra 48,6 millioner til 51,5 millioner kr., hvilket ligger i den høje ende af selskabets egne forventninger på 48-52 millioner kr. Administrerende direktør, Anders Hørsholt, er da også tilfreds med resultatet i et år præget af pandemien. - I et år, hvor effekterne af pandemien udskød vores vækstplaner med 9-12 måneder, er årets resultat og udviklingen af vores forretning tilfredsstillende. - Alt imens vi har investeret i nøgleområder af organisationen og vores forretning har vi formået at øge omsætningen og markant at forbedre vores driftsresultat, så vi står med et endnu stærkere fundament for vores forretning fremadrettet. Aggressive afskrivninger på værdifulde rettigheder - Et af de vigtige vækstområder er indtæ
Astralis Group presents satisfactory 2020 result and expects significant growth15.3.2021 10:30:13 CET | Press release
Astralis Group A/S has today published the company’s annual report for 2020, which shows an annual financial result within expectations and guidelines and a significant increase in EBITDA, which ended in DKK -14.5 Mil vs DKK -22.7 Mil. in 2019. The revenue increased from DKK 48.6 Mil. in 2019 to DKK 51.5 Mil. in 2020, which is in the high end of the company’s guidelines of DKK 48-52 Mil. Astralis Group CEO Anders Hørsholt describes the result as ”satisfactory” in a year marked by the pandemic. - In a year where the effects of the COVID19 pandemic delayed our growth plans by 9-12 months, the annual result and the general development of our business is satisfactory. - Simultaneously with investing in key areas of the organization and business we have managed to increase the turnover and significantly improve our operating profit, which gives us an even stronger foundation for our business going forward. Aggressive depreciation of valuable Rights - An important growth area is income from
Astralis åbner første Flagship Store i samarbejde med Tivoli4.2.2021 10:02:09 CET | Pressemeddelelse
Astralis Group og Tivoli åbner til sommer den første Astralis Flagship Store i hjertet af København og dermed tilføjer selskabet bag bl.a. verdens stærkeste Counter-Strike hold endnu et område til forretningsstrategien. Astralis Flagship Store åbner i det ikoniske Tivoli Hjørne, som har vundet nogle af verdens mest prestigefyldte arkitekturpriser. Her inviteres spillere og fans inden for til en gaming-oplevelse, de med garanti ikke har prøvet før.
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom