Astralis Group hires Samantha Yu as new CMO
Astralis Group continues to expand its organization and can today announce that from February 1st, Samantha Yu will be joining the publicly listed esports company in a new role as Chief Marketing Officer.
As Vice President of Brand & Integrated Marketing at Refinery29 International, a part of VICE Media Group, since 2015, Samantha Yu has been responsible for brand building in Europe and connecting major brand partners with the organization’s global audience.
In Astralis Group, Samantha will be responsible for the Content and Digital group, working closely with the Commercial team and Communications. Samantha will join the leadership and report to CEO, Anders Hørsholt, who looks forward to welcoming Samantha.
Anders Hørsholt, CEO of Astralis Group:
- We are expanding the organization in key areas and the addition of Samantha Yu as CMO is done to further strengthen the Astralis brand globally. With her background, education and career in Hong Kong, Boston, New York and London, her experience, insight and international perspective will be a strong addition to the organization. She will supercharge our commercial efforts and partnerships, as well as our ability to connect with the growing number of Astralis fans around the world on existing and new platforms.
- Samantha will be a part of our leadership and along with our strong management team and incoming Commercial Director, she will be responsible for building a scalable commercial platform and bringing us even closer to stakeholders in existing and new markets.
- The pandemic has been a challenge and affected our business negatively, but in a broader perspective, esports will come out strong when the markets re-open. Viewership numbers and general exposure is up, our fanbase has continued the growth across all markets and despite the limitations of online tournaments, we have seen the resilience of the industry as a whole. Through the recent additions and restructuring certain areas, we are preparing to grow our business and the organization to take new, important steps in the business development of Astralis Group.
- I am extremely pleased we have been able to attract a capacity like Samantha, says Hørsholt.
Samantha Yu, incoming CMO of Astralis Group:
- My focus over the last eight years has been connecting with audiences and brands in innovative and impactful ways. Coming from the world's largest independent youth media company, I've seen the powerful role that esports and gaming play in culture.
- Esports is the fastest growing part of the entertainment industry, with hundreds of millions of viewers and fans worldwide. This opens for opportunities to engage audiences with new brand experiences, and I'm extremely excited to join Astralis Group, one of the frontrunners in the esports industry, to shape those connections with the fans.
- I will join Astralis Group shortly after Astralis' five-year anniversary with extreme respect for what the team has accomplished and a genuine curiosity for how we — both within the company and with our current and future partners — can collaboratively further the brand mission to champion the positive power of gaming and esports.
- After many years in the digital media and lifestyle space, and having split that time across countries, I am excited to bring a unique perspective and to contribute to the international outlook of the organization as it grows further into a globally recognized and iconic entertainment brand.
- The team at Astralis Group is incredibly impressive. I'm energised by the skills, passion and ambition of the organisation and look forward to being a part of its journey #ToTheStars, says Samantha Yu.
Samantha will join the Astralis Group top management with direct reference to CEO Anders Hørsholt. Samantha will be heading the Digital Content group and will work closely with Founder and CRO Jakob Lund Kristensen, Director of Communications Steen Laursen and the incoming Commercial Director, Kasper Sindt.
Samantha Yu, CV:
2012 BA, Sociology, Harvard University
2015 Refinery29, Director Brand Experiences
2017 Refinery29, Senior Director, Strategy & Client Services
2019- VP, Brand & Integrated Marketing
Steen LaursenDirector of CommsTel:+firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to releases from Astralis
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Astralis by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Astralis
Ny CMO: Astralis Group henter Samantha Yu hos Refinery29/VICE Media Group14.1.2021 10:00:50 CET | Pressemeddelelse
Astralis Group fortsætter oprustningen på den kommercielle front og efter sidste uges offentliggørelse af en ny kommerciel direktør, kan selskabet nu fortælle at man også styrker organisationen med en ny, stærk international profil i rollen som CMO. 29-årige Samantha Yu skifter 1. februar tilværelsen som Vice President, Brand & Integrated Marketing i VICE Media Groups Refinery29 ud med sin nye rolle hos den danske esportsorganisation, hvor hun sammen med den øvrige ledelse skal forberede et år med forventet vækst i forretning og organisation.
Astralis Group brings in new Commercial Director6.1.2021 09:21:20 CET | Press release
Astralis Group, the company behind some of the most well-known esports teams in Counter-Strike, FIFA and League of Legends, moves to strengthen the organization by adding a strong, experienced Commercial Director, brought in from the National Danish Football Association.
Astralis and Logitech G extend and expand partnership18.12.2020 09:00:35 CET | Press release
Astralis Group and Logitech G have just announced a new, significant commercial partnership which solidifies the common long-term ambitions of the two companies. Astralis Group and Logitech G have extended their cooperation for another three years. The international esports powerhouse and one of the world’s leading gaming technology companies have extended their agreement to include co-branding rights, as well as gear and equipment for the Astralis teams and facilities, existing and new. In addition to the Logitech G PRO mice and keyboards, which Astralis has been using for the last 2 years in all competition, they will also have access to the Logitech G PRO gaming headset lineup.
Astralis og Logitech G forlænger og udvider samarbejdet18.12.2020 09:00:17 CET | Pressemeddelelse
Astralis Group og Logitech G forlænger og udvider den eksisterende partner-aftale med yderligere tre år og dermed cementerer selskaberne de fælles, langsigtede målsætninger. Den nye aftale mellem de danske esportsgiganter og et af verdens førende gaming-teknologi selskaber inkluderer co-branding rettigheder og udstyr til Astralis Groups eksisterende og kommende faciliteter.
Næste generation klar: Astralis’ talenter står på spring16.12.2020 10:31:51 CET | Pressemeddelelse
I midt november annoncerede Astralis Group en strategisk investering i talentudvikling under navnet Astralis Talent. Baseret på en sund, balanceret, professionel tilgang til præstationsoptimering er Astralis Talent udviklet for at skabe en stærk intern rekrutteringsplatform og sparringspartner for A-holdene, samt at styrke udviklingen af unge talenter i Counter-Strike og League of Legends. I dag kan Astralis Talent så offentliggøre de to første talent-trupper, som allerede fra januar vil deltage i danske, regionale og stærke internationale talent-turneringer.
The next generation of Astralis talents announced16.12.2020 10:30:57 CET | Press release
In mid-November, Astralis Group announced a strategic investment in Astralis Talent. Founded on a healthy, balanced, and professional approach for performance optimization, Astralis Talent is developed to create an internal recruitment platform and sparring for the Counter-Strike and League of Legends A-teams and to ultimately form new top players. Today, Astralis Talent can reveal the two first talent rosters. Starting January, the teams will participate in relevant Danish, regional, and international tournaments.
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom