Astralis: 8 Top Esports Organizations and WePlay launch new, global academy league
WePlay Academy League is the name of a new, international academy league, founded by WePlay Esports and 8 of the world’s biggest Counter-Strike organizations.
As a part of the strategy to secure long term success based on a solid ever evolving foundation, in December of 2020 Astralis launched Astralis Talent focussing on the development of young, talented players on the verge of becoming proffessionals. The aim is to secure a strong, inhouse platform for player recruitment, to provide the main teams with valuable sparring and to secure the best possible education for players whether they play for Astralis or move on.
Kasper Hvidt, Director of Sports, Astralis:
- Astralis Talent has a clear goal to educate and develop players to become carriers of the Astralis winning culture and ambition to embrace the positives of esports and gaming on all levels. Players under Astralis Talent also contribute to sparring of our main team and ultimately, we hope to elevate one or more of our own players to the main team roster.
- In this connection, WePlay Academy League will give us the opportunity to not only match our talent players with those of the other big esports organizations, but also to share thoughts and ideas between between some of the most experienced academy organizations.
- Since day one, wverything we have worked with in Astralis has been about developing ourplayers and teams while also pushing some of the borders in esports. This move is yet another step on a new path which we hope and believe will benefit not only the players, teams, and participating organizations but also the talent scene in general, Kasper Hvidt explains.
For Astralis Head of Talent in Counter-Strike, Dennis Vang, WePlay Academy League is a gift:
- If we are to optimize talent development, we need to create a culture and a structure where the players are not constantly forced to play match after match with the risk of losing your spot in the tournament if they lose the wrong ones. We want to create a winning culture, but we have to do it under conditions that enable us to work with the development of the individual player and the team under proper conditions without the unproductive stress of having to deliver short term.
- In WePlay Academy League we will be working with some of the best in international Counter-Strike, where we will certainly do our best to win each game, it is Astralis afterall, but where the long term, healthy development is prioritized, Dennis Vang concludes.
Astralis (DK), NiP (SE), NaVi (UKR), BIG (DE), Mousesports (INT), Fnatic (SE), Virtus.Pro (PL) og Furia (BR)
100.000 USD prize pool
Season 1 begins with an online round-robin group stage, where the teams face off twice.
Top 3 go to the double-elimination playoffs at the WePlay Esports Arena Kyiv.
4-7 enter the gauntlet stage to fight for the 1 remaining slot in the Playoffs.
8 is eliminated
- Group Stage — July 19 – August 01, 2021 (possible tie-breaker matches will take place on August 03)
- Gauntlet Stage — August 07–08, 2021
- Playoffs — August 27–29, 2021
Steen LaursenDirector of CommsTel:+email@example.com
Subscribe to releases from Astralis
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Astralis by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Astralis
Astralis i dansk transfer: Henter stortalent til A-holdet26.7.2021 10:01:00 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Astralis tilfører ny, ung energi til Counter-Strike holdet i form af det danske stortalent Philip ”Lucky” Ewald, som per 1. august tiltræder sit nye hold. 18-årige ”Lucky” er AWP-spiller, en rolle Astralis har søgt udfyldt siden man i april solgte Nicolai ”dev1ce” Reedtz til svenske NiP. Han kommer fra en tilsvarende rolle i danske Tricked, hvor han gennem de seneste år har haft en fremtrædende rolle.
Fremtiden på plads: Astralis forlænger med hold-kaptajnen!23.7.2021 10:00:00 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Han er blevet kaldt “verdens bedste in-game leader” flere gange end Astralis har vundet turneringer og i dag kan holdets rygrad og mastermind skrive endnu 3 år som Astralis-spiller på sit i forvejen imponerende CV. Lukas ”gla1ve” Rossander og Astralis er nemlig blevet enig om en kontraktforlængelse, der som minimum sikrer det gensidige forhold frem til sommeren 2024. En beslutning, der skaber stor glæde hos begge parter:
Astralis and “gla1ve” in 3-year extension23.7.2021 10:00:00 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
He has been called “the world’s greatest In-game Leader" and today Astralis can announce that the Counter-Strike mastermind and the esports organization will add at least three years to their long-running relationship.
Astralis og 7 af verdens største går sammen om ny, international talentliga7.7.2021 09:30:00 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
WePlay Academy League er navnet på en ny, international talent-liga i Counter-Strike, lanceret af 8 af de største esportsorganisationer i verden i samarbejde med WePlay Esports.
Astralis: Tidligere verdensmester bliver spillende træner2.7.2021 10:00:00 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Når FIFA22 lanceres i efteråret går Astralis all in på at skabe de bedst mulige omstændigheder for holdet, der stiller med 3 tidligere og nuværende verdensmestre og nyt talent.
Astralis and POWER in new sponsorship deal1.7.2021 13:00:00 CEST | Press release
The Danish esports organization Astralis today announced a new, big commercial partnership deal with Nordic electronic retail giants POWER. On top of the sponsorship deal, the agreement will bring the organizations popular teams and brand even closer to the consumers and fans in the Nordics.
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom