Appian Optimizes the Digital Workforce with Appian Robotic Workforce Manager Solution for Blue Prism
Low-code leader streamlines RPA administration and human hand-offs to increase business performance
RESTON, Va., May 14, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Appian (NASDAQ: APPN) today announced the availability of the new Appian Robotic Workforce Manager solution for Blue Prism. The solution, designed specifically for users of Blue Prism’s connected-robotic process automation (RPA) software, enables superior management of the digital workforce and optimized coordination between robots and humans.
The solution enhances visibility into robotic processes, and gives human workers greater control over when and how to invoke, prioritize, and coordinate work with digital workers. It also improves visibility, compliance and scalability of RPA implementations.
Organizations such as S&P, OCC and many others use Appian and Blue Prism. At Appian World 2019, Aegon, Unione Fiduciaria, and Queensland University of Technology are presenting on the benefits of combining these technologies.
"Using Appian and Blue Prism together gives us greater power in automating complex processes," said Adeel Javed, Manager of Process Automation at OCC, the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization. "Combining the two products extends the reach of our automation initiatives and enables centralized management of the entire workforce.”
Features of the solution include:
- Total visibility into the digital workforce on any device (web or mobile): The solution provides pre-built business reports and dashboards to track and manage robots across applications. Automation Center of Excellence leaders can provide this information to the business owners of respective RPA processes through web and mobile interfaces.
- Automation of work hand-offs between robots and people: The solution provides a global case management and exception management framework that automates “human-in-the-loop” tasks and eliminates manual hand-offs. This improves traceability, compliance, and overall SLA management across automated processes.
- Automation Manager: The solution allows business process owners to request new automation and manage the entire life cycle of adding new automations. This gives the Automation COE full visibility, compliance and control over all enterprise-wide RPA deployments. For companies that are building many RPA processes, it becomes critical to track and prioritize new RPA processes and ongoing management of existing RPA processes.
- Assisted Automation and Business Scheduling: With the new solution, process owners can now invoke RPA processes on-demand, or schedule them to run at a later time, on the web or mobile devices.
- Business Decision Management: Blue Prism users now have access to Appian’s business-friendly Decision Designer. The solution allows Blue Prism users to model complex logic in a simple way and use it anywhere within an RPA process. Spreadsheets and lines of complex IT-owned code are no longer needed to define business logic.
Linda Dotts, SVP Global Partner Strategy and Programs for Blue Prism, said, "Appian's Robotic Workforce Manager solution for Blue Prism provides incredible levels of visibility and self-service to business users and process owners involved with RPA implementations. The solution is a perfect example of how our connected-RPA vision, when coupled with a technology partner, can help drive broader business impact and transformation for our clients."
In addition to the Robotic Workforce Manager, Appian also released a series of no-code integration plug-ins for designers and administrators in the Blue Prism environment. Called “Appian Skills,” they are drag-and-drop integrations that make it easy for Blue Prism developers to connect with Appian.
New Appian Skills for Blue Prism include:
- Assign Task to Appian User - Passes relevant information to Appian to automate human-in-the-loop tasks
- Send Data to Appian - Sends information to create or update an Appian Record
- Get Data from Appian - Pulls the latest information from Appian Records
- Use Appian Rule - Uses Appian business rules to automate complex decisions
Prittam Bagani, Director of Product Strategy at Appian, said, “The Robotic Workforce Manager stems from our strategic partnership with Blue Prism and was built in collaboration with our joint customers. The solution activates the next-generation enterprise workforce of people and software robots. It provides enterprise automation leaders with the visibility, governance and product capabilities to scale their automation program. The result is greater business impact.”
Appian and S&P Global will co-present a session on RPA success at the May 22-23 Blue Prism World conference in Orlando, FL.
For more information on Appian RPA with Blue Prism, visit https://www.appian.com/platform/robotic-process-automation-rpa/ .
Appian provides a low-code development platform that accelerates the creation of high-impact business applications. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. For more information, visit www.appian.com .
For Information Contact:
Director of Media Relations
Subscribe to releases from Globenewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Globenewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Globenewswire
Shandong University28.5.2020 13:23:12 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Shandong University giver højteknologisk support til bekæmpelse af COVID-19
Rajant Corporation28.5.2020 06:38:26 CEST | Press release
RAJANT INTRODUCES JON LEDERMAN AS VICE PRESIDENT OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
Shandong University27.5.2020 12:16:07 CEST | Press release
Shandong University Lends High-Tech Support to Combat COVID-19
Jobindex A/S18.5.2020 07:18:46 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
1. kvartal 2020: Jobindex ramt af Corona-virus
TDC A/S7.5.2020 09:01:59 CEST | Press release
TDC: Interim Financial Report Q1 2020
TDC A/S7.5.2020 09:01:59 CEST | Press release
DKT Holdings ApS: Interim Financial Report Q1 2020
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom