Latest Version of the Appian Platform Increases Speed and Impact of Low-code Development
No-code “Connected Systems,” simplified design, and worry-free deployment
RESTON, Va., May 14, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Appian (NASDAQ: APPN) today announced the newest version of the low-code Appian Platform, which increases the speed and business impact of low-code development. The release fulfills Appian’s “Connected Systems” vision for no-code integration across a host of popular enterprise systems and services. The release extends Appian’s commitment to simplicity through visual query design of business data sources and intuitive controls to easily display that data in a grid. The new version also furthers Appian’s promise of worry-free deployment through enhanced automation for DevOps, and the addition of new certifications to Appian’s already industry-leading list of security accreditations.
“Today’s release advances low-code development as a key IT asset for quickly building and deploying transformational and mission-critical business applications,” said Malcolm Ross, Vice President of Product at Appian. “Appian has the speed and enterprise-grade qualities to take our customers from idea to application in eight weeks. That’s the mission of the Appian Guarantee .”
With the new release, Appian expands the Appian AppMarket’s library of no-code Connected Systems and UI Component Plug-ins. These packaged integrations to specific 3rd-party functionality and systems increase the speed and business impact of solutions for the contact center, customer experience, and operational performance. They are built by Appian, its partners, and customers using Appian’s recently-announced Integration Software Development Kit (SDK) that makes creating 3rd-party integration plug-ins simple.
A small sample of the new Connected Systems and Component Plug-ins now packaged with Appian or from the Appian AppMarket includes:
- Twilio - makes integration with Twilio easy for Appian Intelligent Contact Center™ (ICC) customers, empowering contact center reps with advanced call controls for real-time customer communications.
- Salesforce - delivers intuitive no-code integration between Appian and Salesforce.
- Automation Anywhere - orchestrate and manage Automation Anywhere robotic process automations from Appian.
- Google Maps - provides integrations to location and directions services from Google Maps for interactive display in an Appian interface.
- Google Charts - created by Appcino, integrates data and chart visualizations from Google into Appian.
- Google Cloud Translate - detection and translation services for input text.
- Event Pusher - created by Vision Point Systems, enhances Appian interfaces with dynamic event handling powered by Pusher.
- Temasys Skylink Real-Time Communications - offered by Temasys adding real-time web communication and co-browse within Appian interfaces.
- Microsoft PowerBI - create and easily embed coherent, visually immersive, and interactive insights from PowerBI directly in Appian.
- Amazon S3 - manage Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3 data stores and access S3 objects directly from an Appian interface.
- Genesys - delivers easy access to Genesys data and enhances Appian/Genesys integration with advanced voice transfer telephony controls.
Low-Code Development through Visual Query and Grid Design
The new Appian release makes application design even more simple. Appian previously announced the expansion of its patented SAIL (Self-Assembling Interface Layer) framework to allow automatic and intelligent creation of interfaces based only on a data model. The latest Appian release makes this even easier with a new no-code visual interface for creating data store queries. Query creation is used in every application, and is one of the most challenging tasks in application design. Appian’s new Visual Query Editor allows designers to create queries faster and with fewer errors, while requiring less expertise to get started. The Visual Query Editor is fully integrated with Appian’s Interface Designer and new-evolved Paging Grid.
The new release bolsters Appian’s position as the most secure, reliable and scalable cloud platform for the enterprise. New DevOps features make it easier than ever to automate deployment of new apps across systems. This includes a host of code review and monitoring features across application elements including process models, data, rules, and interfaces.
With this release, Appian has also extended its industry lead in security accreditations with the addition of:
- ISO 27001 - Demonstrates that the certified organization has identified the risks, assessed the implications and put in place a managed set of security controls to limit any damage to the organization, its data and operations.
- HITRUST - A health care certification offering a third-party assessment that verifies an organization meets all of the industry-defined requirements of the Common Security Framework and provides a prescriptive framework for managing the security requirements inherent in HIPAA.
- Impact Level 4 - Federal and Department of Defense agencies can now use Appian as a managed service for low-code applications that must meet the strict IL4 requirements for Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI). At IL4, an Appian application can be used to manage and store Export Controls, Privacy Information (including PII), Protected Health Information (PHI), and other information requiring explicit CUI designation.
For more information on the Appian Platform, visit www.appian.com/platform/ .
Appian provides a low-code development platform that accelerates the creation of high-impact business applications. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. For more information, visit www.appian.com .
This press release includes forward-looking statements. All statements contained in this press release other than statements of historical facts, including, without limitation, statements regarding the upcoming release of the latest version of the Appian platform, the integration of the Appian platform to third-party systems and data, and the security of deployment, are forward-looking statements. The words “anticipate,” “believe,” “continue,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “may,” “will” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Appian has based these forward-looking statements largely on its current expectations and projections about future events and financial trends that Appian believes may affect its financial condition, results of operations, business strategy, short-term and long-term business operations and objectives and financial needs. Those forward-looking statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the risks and uncertainties set forth in the “Risk Factors” section of Appian’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2018, filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 21, 2019, and subsequent reports that Appian files with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Moreover, Appian operates in a very competitive and rapidly changing environment. New risks emerge from time to time. It is not possible for Appian’s management to predict all risks, nor can Appian assess the impact of all factors on its business or the extent to which any factor, or combination of factors, may cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statements Appian may make. In light of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions, Appian cannot guarantee future results, levels of activity, performance, achievements or events and circumstances reflected in the forward-looking statements will occur. Appian is under no duty to update any of these forward-looking statements after the date of this press release to conform these statements to actual results or revised expectations, except as required by law.
For Information Contact:
Director of Media Relations
Subscribe to releases from Globenewswire
Subscribe to all the latest releases from Globenewswire by registering your e-mail address below. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Latest releases from Globenewswire
Shandong University2.6.2020 09:01:20 CEST | Press release
Shandong University Researchers Develop ECMO Proto Device in Aid of Fighting COVID-19
Shandong University1.6.2020 12:23:16 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Shandong University ger högteknologisk support för att bekämpa COVID-19
Shandong University1.6.2020 12:19:45 CEST | pressemelding
Shandong University låner ut høyteknologisk hjelp for å bekjempe COVID-19
Shandong University28.5.2020 13:23:12 CEST | Pressemeddelelse
Shandong University giver højteknologisk support til bekæmpelse af COVID-19
Rajant Corporation28.5.2020 06:38:26 CEST | Press release
RAJANT INTRODUCES JON LEDERMAN AS VICE PRESIDENT OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
Shandong University27.5.2020 12:16:07 CEST | Press release
Shandong University Lends High-Tech Support to Combat COVID-19
In our pressroom you can read all our latest releases, find our press contacts, images, documents and other relevant information about us.Visit our pressroom